JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's an update from Marion Bishop, a moderator in the Facebook "Washington 2022 Legislative Action Group - Save your civil rights" group. Here's the original post:

Or if you don't do Facebook, here it is:

2022 WA Legislative Session - SB 5078 (Mag Ban Bill) Help Needed

Hello and welcome to a special edition of our ongoing threads regarding 2A-relevant bills in the state legislative session, which runs from 1/10 through 3/10.

As you may be aware, this week Tuesday-Friday (2/8-2/11) are all-day sessions in both chambers of the legislature. These days are already shaping up to be extremely busy ahead of the 2/15 cutoff date to pass bills out of their chamber of origin.

One of the bills that could be voted on this week is SB 5078, banning standard-capacity magazines. Senator Marko Liias (D, LD 21) has proposed an amendment that drops the magazine capacity limit from 17 rounds of ammunition back down to the original limit of 10. This amendment is highly problematic as the most popular handguns sold accept magazines generally accepting 15-20 rounds of ammunition. It is also concerning that legislators have claimed to listen to the concerns of gun-owners only to have an amendment like this proposed.

We are asking you to speak out against this bill and Senator Liias's proposed amendment, especially if you are a constituent of LD 21. You can comment on the bill on the legislature's website:

Comment on SB 5078 (banning standard capacity magazines)

You can also contact Senator Liias's office directly via phone at 360-786-7640, or via email at [email protected]. Keep your comments civil, articulate, and brief. It would be helpful to give us a quick "Done" comment once complete.

As usual, if you take action (email, phone call, share, testify, whatever!) please post it here, so we can keep the momentum and visibility up!

Done & done. I wrote EVERY legislator this year over several anti-gun laws. I also sent them the video link (Mar 6, 2013) to Sheriff Ken Campbell showing the 'fallacy' of their position on magazine capacities. 9 years ago, the Sheriff seen this coming, addressed it head on and yet we have 'legislators' that are absolutely blind...
On the premise ignorance is bliss, we certainly have a group of happy happy legislators. :(

Dan

5078.jpg

Here is the reply I just received from Senator Mike Padden:

"Thank for your email concerning the need to focus on violent criminals and not on the weapons they might use.
I understand your frustrations and concern. I have sponsored legislation that would increase the penalties for assaulting law officers and a Public Safety bill that would reverse all of the damage done by Democrats in last year's session. I vote against any law that would infringe on 2nd amendment rights and I will continue to fight for our law enforcement officers who risk their lives every day."

I have not heard from any democrats to who I wrote individual emails. However, here are some the replies to the emails.

I agree but the majority has a fixation on guns and want to release people from prison.

Not a chance of me voting for this bill.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Over the past few sessions we have seen various gun control laws introduced. Sen. Dozier will stay involved and informed as to what is brought forward during this session. A strong advocate of our 2nd amendment rights, Senator Dozier would not support anything that would infringe on those rights.

We do appreciate your feedback and involvement. It helps the senator to best represent you.

And the reply received from Senator Lynda Wilson:

Thank you for your message and your steadfast advocacy. I am 100% opposed to any bill which seeks to infringe on or violate your 2nd Amendment Rights

All these bills will do is create a false sense of security for those who do not understand firearms. As you and I know, it is not the law abiding gun owners that are using firearms in illegal and evil capacities. It is the criminals, who we also know don't follow the law. It is unconscionable that the majority Democrats continue to push these dangerous policies that will keep the criminals well-armed while limiting the ability of the law-abiding gun owner to fully defend themselves. And at a time when crime Washington state is at a 25 year high!
Please be assured that I will do all that I can to stop these terrible bills.
Yours in service,
Senator Lynda Wilson
17th Legislative District

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR