JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess what? We aren't the only ones writing.

2KkLaSX.jpg

2AS0cw5.jpg

Let's keep the pressure on! If you've already written, please write again!

Even if it's supremely simple, just "please oppose SBxxxx" or whatever, please keep the emails flowing!

Thank you!

The point I make is extremely subtle and nuanced: Violent criminals do not obey the law.
For some senators, it might be the first time they've heard that.
Agree. My email to the senators was very similar. I think aggressive, over the top rhetoric, and offensive name calling just turns them off and plays into their mindset that we are a bunch of whining Karens or mercenary kooks. Facts, common sense, and a basic respect are what I think will go farther in pushing our message at this stage. There is certainly a time for yelling and screaming, but in an email, the delete button is just a finger stroke away and much easier than reading something that one considers offensive. It might send them to their safe room.

I got a reply from last week when I contacted all the Republicans to oppose the anti-gun legislation going on in Olympia.
This was from Lynda Wilson from the17th Legislative District. bigsmile.gif

Hi, Jim.

Thank you for your message and your steadfast advocacy. I am 100% opposed to any bill which seeks to infringe on or violate your 2nd Amendment Rights.

All these bills will do is create a false sense of security for those who do not understand firearms. As you and I know, it is not the law abiding gun owners that are using firearms in illegal and evil capacities. It is the criminals, who we also know don't follow the law. It is unconscionable that the majority Democrats continue to push these dangerous policies that will keep the criminals well-armed while limiting the ability of the law-abiding gun owner to fully defend themselves. And at a time when crime Washington state is at a 25 year high!

Please be assured that I will do all that I can to stop these terrible bills.

Yours in service.

Senator Lynda Wilson

17th Legislative District

Olympia Office - 205 Irv Newhouse Building

PO Box 40417 - Olympia, WA 98504

* [email protected] ( 360.786.7632

From my State Senator, Lynda Wilson

Thank you for your message and your steadfast advocacy. I am 100% opposed to any bill which seeks to infringe on or violate your 2nd Amendment Rights.

All these bills will do is create a false sense of security for those who do not understand firearms. As you and I know, it is not the law abiding gun owners that are using firearms in illegal and evil capacities. It is the criminals, who we also know don't follow the law. It is unconscionable that the majority Democrats continue to push these dangerous policies that will keep the criminals well-armed while limiting the ability of the law-abiding gun owner to fully defend themselves. And at a time when crime Washington state is at a 25 year high!

Please be assured that I will do all that I can to stop these terrible bills.

Yours in service,

I'm strongly considering moving to Lynda Wilson's district....
Then again, maybe we should all move to your district in order to vote out the liberal idiot that is tormenting us with these bills.

eta Lynda Wilson is indeed great. She is a staunch defender of our Second Amendment rights and she is also a Certified NRA Rifle and Pistol instructor.

OK, I just sent yet another email (two in two days now) to ALL of the Democrat senators:

Subject: Violent crime is UP in WA... please oppose SB5078 and SB5568

Dear Senator,

Sadly, our state is becoming more violent and more lawless, especially over the last couple of years. Please use your limited time during the legislative session to work on bills that will make a REAL difference for Washingtonians, and will truly improve our lives and our safety.

Please oppose SB5078 (magazine ban) and SB5568 (preemption loss). You know that these bills will seriously hurt law-abiding Washingtonians, both Democrats and Republicans, and they will have zero impact on our rising crime.

Please let these bills die, and focus on other bills that will improve our state.

Thank you.

Mad Pick
Renton

Guess what? We aren't the only ones writing.

View attachment 1127493

View attachment 1127494

Let's keep the pressure on! If you've already written, please write again!

Even if it's supremely simple, just "please oppose SBxxxx" or whatever, please keep the emails flowing!

Thank you!
Honestly ya'll..you gotta go to their website & read their garbage BS.. What a joke..
I'm going to modify their letter (below) and send it via 'their form' from them in regards to the bill.

"Yesterday, a gunman opened fire in a Fred Meyer in Richland, Washington, killing one person, wounding another over what is unknown.

We don't have any details about that shooting yet. But it served as a painful reminder that without action to prevent criminals from roaming free with zero or REDUCED BONDS by worthless DA's and having illegal weapons they shouldn't have, the public is screwed & defenseless.

Right now, you have the opportunity to do something to keep Washington safe by voting no on SB 5078 to prohibit high-capacity magazines.

Whether a state allows high-capacity magazines is the single greatest predictor of a state's mass shooting rate. Allowing large-capacity magazines will allow legal gun owners the option of defending themselves and/or the public in defense of their families while the criminals will never abide by said laws.

Our families and communities need you to stand up for Washingtonians. Please, vote NO on SB 5078 to keep high-capacity magazines on our streets for legal & law abiding citizens.

Thank you for doing your part to fight for a safer tomorrow."

Dan

Email sent to Marko Liias - I'm not in his district, but who cares...

Senator,

I know your mind is already probably made up on this topic, but I must respectfully ask you to reconsider your position on SB 5078. It applies a completely arbitrary cap to how much ammunition a law abiding citizen can carry in a firearm, and that inappropriately restricts their ability to defend themselves.

Take this as an example - if a group of 5 people break into one's home (and the majority of home invasions are perpetrated by groups of 2 - 5 people, so this isn'ta stretch), the homeowner will need to deliver 2 bullets into center of mass on 5 moving targets without missing in an extremely high stress situation. That's a highly unrealistic expectation, given that any police officer, firearms instructor, or federal agent would be hard-pressed to successfully deliver all shots on target in that scenario.

Also, shot placement does not guarantee the threat will stop. If the bad guys (like many home invaders) are under the influence of drugs, it might take more than 10 to stop a single one - numerous officer-involved shootings offer evidence of this.

There are a number of ways we can address gun violence and mass shootings, ways that gun owners will wholeheartedly endorse - nobody wants bad people to get their hands on guns and cause mayhem, gun owners least of all. However, this is not one of them - it's applying wishful thinking and good intentions to a challenge that requires careful thought and consideration. Let's do something that will actually address the problem instead.

As a knowledgeable gun owner who wants to solve these problems just as much as you do, I'm more happy to discuss this matter in depth and answer any questions you might have. Thank you for your time.

Thanks!

Email sent to Marko Liias - I'm not in his district, but who cares...

Senator,

I know your mind is already probably made up on this topic, but I must respectfully ask you to reconsider your position on SB 5078. It applies a completely arbitrary cap to how much ammunition a law abiding citizen can carry in a firearm, and that inappropriately restricts their ability to defend themselves.

Take this as an example - if a group of 5 people break into one's home (and the majority of home invasions are perpetrated by groups of 2 - 5 people, so this isn'ta stretch), the homeowner will need to deliver 2 bullets into center of mass on 5 moving targets without missing in an extremely high stress situation. That's a highly unrealistic expectation, given that any police officer, firearms instructor, or federal agent would be hard-pressed to successfully deliver all shots on target in that scenario.

Also, shot placement does not guarantee the threat will stop. If the bad guys (like many home invaders) are under the influence of drugs, it might take more than 10 to stop a single one - numerous officer-involved shootings offer evidence of this.

There are a number of ways we can address gun violence and mass shootings, ways that gun owners will wholeheartedly endorse - nobody wants bad people to get their hands on guns and cause mayhem, gun owners least of all. However, this is not one of them - it's applying wishful thinking and good intentions to a challenge that requires careful thought and consideration. Let's do something that will actually address the problem instead.

As a knowledgeable gun owner who wants to solve these problems just as much as you do, I'm more happy to discuss this matter in depth and answer any questions you might have. Thank you for your time.

Thanks!
I emailed Liias too… Didn't hear back- saw that he voted for the bill. Not surprising considering he sponsored it. :/

Anyone watch the televised vote? I haven't had a chance to watch and draw my own conclusions yet, so this is all hearsay, but I heard Republican leadership didn't put up much of a fight, Ann Rivers didn't even show up, and Fortunato was the only one who stood up and spoke out against it. I also heard they didn't try any of the efforts they would normally use to delay, stall, or kill the measure. There may still be some hope that it can be killed in the house, but it's going to be a heavy slog.

Again, all of this is third-hand info, and I have to watch the vote recording and draw my own conclusions, but if it's true, some Republicans are going to be getting an earful from me.

Just 'cause I'm a jerk, I just sent the following email to all Dem senators except Tim Sheldon (who voted against it):

To: [email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];
[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];
[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];T'[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];
[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];
[email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected]

Subject: You violated your oath of office last night!

Every one of you violated your oath of office last night when you voted in favor of SB 5078, the magazine capacity ban.

This bill very clearly violates both our state constitution and our federal constitution, both of which you PROMISED to support in your oath of office. An oath -- that's a promise, right?

Last night you chose to support the likes of Inslee and Ferguson, at the expense of your constituents from both parties, and at the expense of your credibility.

Shame on you. You don't deserve the title of "Senator."

MadPick
Renton

It's not lost yet, keep at it everyone! Ping those representatives! Blast those emails! Call! Write! Send smoke signals and carrier pigeons!

...and, I guess don't shoot any pigeons until this thing is over, just in case some folks on this board take things literally! :s0140:

In all seriousness, it's not over till it hits Inslee's desk. Hang in there, folks.

Cross posted on another thread:

FPC one click:

Also, emails for House Democrats below. I like to remind them that:

1.) there has been a massive increase in urban crime in primarily Democrat districts
2.) their support for this bill will widely be viewed as infringing upon self defense rights
3.) gun control is polling at multi-decade lows
4.) inflation is at 40 year highs
5.) this year is an election year

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top