JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most folks I know who have more than one holster that they like also have a box of holsters that they don't like.

LOL- I just counted and actually have 3.4 holsters per gun. Now I just need to find that .4 gun to solve that problem.
I found one for you!
rusty-gun-1495773.jpg

:D

This is just my opinion and strategy. YMMV...

Start with a single gun. Preferably the most common and popular gun you own. Something like a Glock 19 is ideal.

Now...do whatever you have to do to figure out the best holster and best way to carry that gun. BUT...stick to the more well known, high quality, popular holsters. Makers like Milt Sparks for leather, G Code for kydex OWB, etc.

Once you figure out the best holster and the carry method, congratulations! This is YOUR holster and carry method! You can now buy that holster for the rest of your guns. And you can sell the other high quality "test holsters" you bought without too many problems or too much of a loss since you stuck with popular, high quality holsters that people want.

You're welcome.

But CABO! What if I don't want to carry every gun the same? Or what if I want options?

Then I suggest you repeat the process accordingly so you can figure out that Mfg A will be your appendix carry solution...and Mfg B will be your OWB range solution, etc. But you're going to end up with some extra holsters while you work through this. However, my general advice still stands...

• Get things sorted out with a single gun first, and make sure it's relatively popular gun. If you're buying holsters for an unknown, obscure gun, you probably won't be able to sell the holster down the line. Or at least it will be a lot harder
  • Pick high quality popular holster makers. Stuff other people regard highly and would want to buy.

I just went through a bunch of gun trades and noticed that I probably had 2-3 holsters for every pistol I own, some I don't even remember ordering. Is there a better way that anyone has found to get the right holster on the first attempt?

Even when I search it seems all the reviews are just ads which makes it less than an unbiased review.

Do you have any hipower holsters ?

The problem I have with holsters is that I don't want the same type of holster that most people want.

I don't carry concealed very often, and I am much more likely to "open carry" in the woods/fields, and I am not too concerned about speed of draw (I certainly don't practice draw and fire). So I want a full flap holster to protect my $1k+ handguns in case I fall down or walk thru brush/etc.

Something like this:

opplanet-bianchi-um84r-universal-military-holster-od-14871.jpg

Bianchi makes these - but they are 'universal' fit so they only fit a few of my guns. Finding one that fits my other guns is hard.

Take a look at Triple K holsters. They make a pretty big selection.
I just ordered another holster from them and have been using them for years.

Take a look at Triple K holsters. They make a pretty big selection.
I just ordered another holster from them and have been using them for years.

I am thinking of something more along the lines of this:

leather-chest-holster-guides-choice-leather-chest-holster-8_grande.jpg

But I need to stop buying SIGs and start buying gun accessories, like holsters and sights. Spent $500 on SIG mags so far, so trying to get there.

My problem with holsters is being left handed, I give most that I get away. Can't think of any gun that ever came with a left handed one.

I'm left handed as well and buy used right handed holster all the time just to check them out, this is one reason why. Makes them easier to get rid of if I don't like them and if I do like it enough to put in rotation then I'll get a LH version. I have a right right and left of most holsters I like. I learned as long time ago injuries happen and when your busted up that is not the time to learn with the opposite hand so I make a point to train with both.

I usually end up buying 2 or 3 holsters for every gun before I find one that actually fits the gun and my purposes.

Grips, too. One advantage to revolvers is if they are relatively common models, I can get one that fits my hand perfectly. However the gun doesnt usually come with that grip. I usually have to buy something else, then carve on it a bit to get rid of the kovfefe finger grooves everyone seems to be so bound and determined to put on grips these days, no matter how few people they fit.

I usually end up buying 2 or 3 holsters for every gun before I find one that actually fits the gun and my purposes.

Grips, too. One advantage to revolvers is if they are relatively common models, I can get one that fits my hand perfectly. However the gun doesnt usually come with that grip. I usually have to buy something else, then carve on it a bit to get rid of the kovfefe finger grooves everyone seems to be so bound and determined to put on grips these days, no matter how few people they fit.
Its a market thing. Someone looks at it and says cool, buy it, realize it isn't good and either replace it or remove it. And is that the same manufacturer selling grips that lack it? I'll buy those from them.

Its like they want more money from us. o_O

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR