JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just went through a bunch of gun trades and noticed that I probably had 2-3 holsters for every pistol I own, some I don't even remember ordering. Is there a better way that anyone has found to get the right holster on the first attempt?

Even when I search it seems all the reviews are just ads which makes it less than an unbiased review.

I just went through a bunch of gun trades and noticed that I probably had 2-3 holsters for every pistol I own, some I don't even remember ordering. Is there a better way that anyone has found to get the right holster on the first attempt?

Even when I search it seems all the reviews are just ads which makes it less than an unbiased review.

Nope, and that's part of the journey with me.

I truly have dozens of holsters. Concealment, easy access, dressy, weatherproof...All different requirements for different holsters.

I can strap on a pistol in the morning, using a given holster, but later in the day, as weather and clothing changes, I could switch to a different one.

Last Edited:
Holsters , may fit the gun that you have...but also may not "fit" the way you need to carry the gun.
The proper overall fit of gun , holster and your needs of carrying can change , so ...
This means going through lots of different holsters.
Andy

Holsters are just like bullets, it takes a while to find what works right with that particular gun.
My box is going on two foot square and I still have to stack them just right to keep it level.

LOL- I just counted and actually have 3.4 holsters per gun. Now I just need to find that .4 gun to solve that problem.

I have 2 boxes of holsters and a box of mag pouches and other accessories as well. Most of them are new or close to it.

We could start a holster exchange thread and see what happens. Take pics and swap them out for the cost of shipping or maybe work out a trade.
Maybe do it for supporting members only as a perk.

Just a thought..

Interesting thread. I don't have near as many extra holsters as some of you guys, but I do have a couple (thrown in with past deals) for which I have no use.

Gun shows can be good sometimes if you know exactly what you want, but they don't typically have specific oddball models. And trying to pre-verify a good fit for a pistol that was zip-tied inoperable at the front door can also be a PITA.

While Amazon Prime processes returns efficiently, I find that many of the accessories I like (for weapons, welding, tools, etc.) are shipped directly from third party merchants who charge restock fees and suddenly speak no English.

If I saw something here about a NWFA get-together for swapping holsters, I'd probably attend.

I'll dig up a tiny black leather holster for a .38 revolver I have hidden away and I'll post a photo of it here later.

For now, here's one holster I'd bring to swap.

holster 1.jpg

holster 2.jpg

Last Edited:
I like the holster exchange idea for OWB. Not a fan of used IWB which was inside someone's pants.
I think it would be fun for me to be able to say--especially about some one of the more macho NWFA dudes--"I was in so-and-so's pants by proxy."

If I don't have a use for one it gets put away until someone comes along needing one then it gets given away. Most of the ones I received with used hand guns go away this way or if I sell the pistol they go with it as a bonus. Same goes for attachments, scopes, grips, stocks and such.
The want ads or sometimes just a comment in a thread ends up asking for an address to ship it to, sometimes including paying the shipping. I give away a lot of stuff makes people happy and removes clutter all at the same time, sometimes it doesn't pay to try to sell small stuff.

I think it would be fun for me to be able to say--especially about some one of the more macho NWFA dudes--"I was in so-and-so's pants by proxy."
Well you can come over anytime and fondle my gun.........:p
You know someone was going to say it.......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top