JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And PuddleMonkey, I have owned a couple of 1911's also. There again.......the mark4 series 70, I owned ran great until things started to wear out because of a lot of use. Nothing man made lasts for ever. The single most accurate 1911 I have ever owned, turned out to be a Para Ordinance P-12 compact. That little 3 inch barrel has out shot standard size 1911's. I will never get rid of my P-12. For that reason and the fact I bought the gun from my 19 year hunting buddy who has since pasted.

Puddles,

I carried a 1911 custom for 15 + years, pup. Still own 2 of them

This would be your wet dream then huh...

2zpsglj.jpg

I can only speak from my experience. And that experience has shown me that the price is most definitely worth it. First, reliability. Glock is widely viewed as the gold standard for a reliable handgun. I own a Glock 17 gen 3. For the most part it is a very reliable pistol. I have, however, had a few light primer strikes. This may be attributed to crappy ammo. But either way, I have fed the same brand of ammo through my HK USP 45, and it has gone through every round, light reloads, low end factory ammo, +p ammo, without a single issue. Never had a light primer strike, never stove piped, never failed to eject/extract, nothing.

The second point for HK is accuracy. The 1911 is widely viewed as the gold standard for accuracy in handguns. I own a 1911, and it is a very accurate pistol. As much as a company can try, nobody can beat the crisp break of a 1911 trigger. That being said, my groups are much tighter out of my USP than out of my 1911.

Other people may have different experiences, but this has been what I've seen from my guns. I read the hype about HK's for a long time and finally caved and bought one, and it exceeded my expectations. It is a tank that will take whatever punishment you dish out, and still keep on going, while at the same time delivering incredible accuracy. The price point puts it out of many people's range, but if it is in your range, you won't be disappointed. Good luck.

I was like you. Never owned an HK, so wanted to know. Bought a pristine HK USP Tactical as I heard it was a close equivalent to the Mark 23. Although it is accurate apparently because of the O ringed barrel which centers itself in the slide, I cannot say it is more accurate than my Glock. It is the largest frame on a handgun I own, so if you have big hands, this may be a selling point. However, when you inspect it closely, the casting of the polymer is not that impressive. Spillover, loose flakes hanging off the casting, etc. just gave the impression of lower quality. It cost twice as much as my Glock but I honestly cannot figure out why. I think it is just another one of those examples of paying for the name.

I'm gonna have to ask you to settle down Blitz, all this excitement isn't good for the ticker at your age.

I ran 5 nights a week and did Navy Seal workouts for 10 years until a few years ago.. I gained weight after that but have recently gotten back into near trim condition and I would not recommend you get into a ring with me, not to mention I teach JKD (do you have a clue what that is? If you did you might pay a little better attention to my weapons opinions.. :D )

The problem here is most people gauge others by their own limits :p

You like HK plastic pistols.. many don't.. deal with it

Dude.....seriously. Don't take this so personal. Guns are like cars. There are so many models for so many different reasons and preferences. To each there own. Why do you feel this compelling need to convince somebody else to agree with the way you feel. Just agree to disagree and walk on. No biggy! Why get your and somebody elses blood preasure all crazy?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top