JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's been 5 days since my last handgun purchase (Kimber HD), so I'm due for a new one. I'm not big on poly guns - I like 1911's, metal Sigs, steel revolvers, etc. I've owned Glocks, XD's, M&P's and whatnot, but I've never owned or shot a H&K. I'm intrigued by the P30L in 9mm but know little about it. I think I like what they've done with the mag release, and how the slide drops into battery automatically when a loaded magazine is inserted. It's prettier than a Glock, but only on par with XD's and M&P's. I love DA/SA and decockers on my various Sigs, so the P30L V3 sounds right up my alley. My question however, is what makes H&K twice the price of Glock/XD/M&P? Extra special poly? A plethora of additional magazines? Heavy duty unbreakable barrel? International shipping charges?

I want one of these, but how does one justify the grand it's going to cost?

The two letters in the name- they're HK and they hate you.

That said you can find decent deals if you hunt new and used. there was a GB on HKpro a couple months back on a special run of HK45's, etc. You just have to keep an eye open and hunting.

My local smith (class III dealer) puts Sig and HK at the top of his list after running many guns suppressed as they handle the extra wear better. take that for what it's worth.

I've owned the HK45 for a year and a half, pretty close to same, just .45 acp. Ergonomics are exceptional, most comfortable poly gun I have ever fired, and super accurate. Only thing I didn't like out of the box was the trigger, but once I got that fixed it was the perfect gun for me. Even made me consider selling my beloved XDm9 and getting the P30L to replace it.

It's been 5 days since my last handgun purchase (Kimber HD), so I'm due for a new one. I'm not big on poly guns - I like 1911's, metal Sigs, steel revolvers, etc. I've owned Glocks, XD's, M&P's and whatnot, but I've never owned or shot a H&K. I'm intrigued by the P30L in 9mm but know little about it. I think I like what they've done with the mag release, and how the slide drops into battery automatically when a loaded magazine is inserted. It's prettier than a Glock, but only on par with XD's and M&P's. I love DA/SA and decockers on my various Sigs, so the P30L V3 sounds right up my alley. My question however, is what makes H&K twice the price of Glock/XD/M&P? Extra special poly? A plethora of additional magazines? Heavy duty unbreakable barrel? International shipping charges?

One every five days huh? I need to talk my wife into that:)

I own two HKs - a Mark 23 and a USP Tactical 45. Neither one of them has malfunctioned on me either suppressed or unsuppressed.
Both are very accurate and feel balanced and comfortable in my hand.

The only complaint I have heard from friends who have shot them is that they don't like the mag release. It's a lever instead of a button but I don't have an issue with it.

They are a little spendy but I certainly don't regret buying mine and I will most likely buy another.

I own two HKs - a Mark 23 and a USP Tactical 45. Neither one of them has malfunctioned on me either suppressed or unsuppressed.
Both are very accurate and feel balanced and comfortable in my hand.

The only complaint I have heard from friends who have shot them is that they don't like the mag release. It's a lever instead of a button but I don't have an issue with it.

They are a little spendy but I certainly don't regret buying mine and I will most likely buy another.

Mark 23???? /drools

That's the biggest beef I have with HKs; the mag release. I guess it's a matter of training and you get used to it after a while. I handled one at the gun show and figured using both your thumb and index to engage the mag release lever works well and is very comfy.

Mark 23???? /drools

That's the biggest beef I have with HKs; the mag release. I guess it's a matter of training and you get used to it after a while. I handled one at the gun show and figured using both your thumb and index to engage the mag release lever works well and is very comfy.

Yeah I use my index finger to function the mag release. It's a long reach with the thumb and I guess that's why some people dont like it. They are used to using their thumb to eject a magazine instead of their index finger. It seems kind of screwy until you get used to it.

There's a fatal flaw in your plan.

I have no one to boss me around, tell me what to do, or spend my money. Saying 'no' to marriage & children is the same as saying 'yes' to success. Now I know some of you old codgers will disagree (because your wife is in the same room right now and you fear her), but the guns (or lack of) don't lie.

So now that I've got all the married folk in a tizzy, lets get back to the HKs. This accuracy thing, noticeably better than standard Glocks & XDs with similar barrel lengths? The extended slide release, is it nearly impossible to reach and operate with your thumb like newer 1911's? What's with the different triggers on the same models (LEM)?

last weeks purchase:

10nrjn4.jpg

Had P30L, very sexy looking gun.

Never had a jam or any issue whatsoever. Most compliant from users were slide release lever being too far backward, causing thumb to ride on the lever. So if slide does not lock back on last round, try adjusting the thumb.

I just didn't like the back hump on the grip.

LOL.. peculiar that i also purchased a kimber super carry hd a couple of months ago.
I have a h&k usp that i did a 8 hr.training day with. worked great, had to get used to the mag release. but when dropping a mag and slapping a fresh one in, it releases the slide for a quick mag reload, quicker to get back in the mix. firing before the spent mag hits the ground. the frame is large, and trigger guard is made for gloved hands.
"wish i could have a new handgun every week. My super model wife would never allow it."

Buy it, you know you want it so buy it. Seriously, the P30L is a high quality pistol that I never tire of shooting. The ergonomics are fantastic, it is simple to break down for cleaning and reassemble, recoil is minimal and fit and finish is excellent. I have heard people complain about the magazine release, I actually find it very convenient and release the magazine using my thumb, not my index finger as some report.

I had 2 usp 40s and a P30 in .40 and I loved all three. the P30 though was my favorite, it fit my hands like it was made for it. It was alos something I never thought Id sell, that is until I discovered the pistol called the 1911. If you have the free cash, Id get a HK over any of the other composite handguns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top