JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I'm curious, you guys have talked about the slide release when inserting a new magazine as being a benefit over other handguns. Does that mean none of you have had a Glock do that for you?

So I'm curious, you guys have talked about the slide release when inserting a new magazine as being a benefit over other handguns. Does that mean none of you have had a Glock do that for you?

None of the 4 Glocks I've owned did that. I did however have a G21 that would spit the casings straight up and they'd come down and bounce off the top of my head. I did not find that to be a benefit over other handguns though.

so you're the one sucking up all the P30's. did we not learn about sharing as a tyke? 20rus68.jpg
:D
I was trying to share. The 9mm I snagged right away, but the .40 was on the forum for three weeks. It dropped to my acceptable price, then I snagged it too.
I guess I should say thanks to those of you who passed on it though.

:s0053:

HK polymer handguns generally seem too bulky for their capacity, and the ergonomics don't work for me

I love HK roller lock rifles and good clones, so it's not the brand. My daily CCW is a BHP MK 3 40 cal or a G22, and we have new G23s (my lady and I) and I've packed numerous other handguns over the years, including 1911s (I still have them)

My short wish list now is a G21/Lone Wolf long slide 10MM set (have all my mags already) and a pair of Beretta Nanos for us as hideouts. So I have no "issues" with polymer guns per se. I say handle and shoot them first, though

One more thing.. before anyone swallows the "HK is better than Glock" idea, please come over to the HK forum and check out all the parts failures and other issues, from feeding issues to cracked frames and such. No brand is perfect and every maker puts out a few lemons. Personally the 4 Glocks I've owned have all been flawless.. but then I ride a Yamaha V Max so what would I know :cool:

None of the 4 Glocks I've owned did that. I did however have a G21 that would spit the casings straight up and they'd come down and bounce off the top of my head. I did not find that to be a benefit over other handguns though.

A good Glock smith can tune the extractor so it casts them elsewhere.. :p

Two of my Glocks have done it if I inserted the magazine with force.

None of my 4 have, but I have to admit no firearm is perfect. BHPs are classy, high end weapons but tend to have a few magazine release "issues" that can be corrected. But IMO no other pistol matches them in a fight once you work them over a bit

The auto slide release is something alot of polymer guns will do if you search- HK, Glock, etc can all do it. It's by no means a feature to train around and trust your life to, but it's kinda neat when it does it I suppose.

Sounds like I married the perfect woman. Excellent performer, ugly as a mud fence....but then again I'm not such a prize either. Single was still better though. You youngsters listen to Burt and save yourselves while you can.

Sounds like I married the perfect woman. Excellent performer, ugly as a mud fence....but then again I'm not such a prize either. Single was still better though. You youngsters listen to Burt and save yourselves while you can.

I married an absolutely gorgeous, chaste 17 year old blonde girl and 34 years later we are still happy together. Yeah, I know how rare it is these days, believe me

^^Larry Vickers was instrumental in the development of the HK45 and has repeatedly stated it is the best 45acp pistol available, he still carries a 9mm Glock.

There are countless other high volume instructors and professionals that also carry Glock 9s by choice not because they cannot afford HK.

Yep Vickers backs the almighty Glock like the Norse god they are..
{His response to a question reguarding current Glock 9mm's}
2013 dawns and I still don't know how to answer your question in regards to Glock 9mm's - I want to think things are better but I'm not ready to give them an unqualified thumbs up yet

Touch base with me in June and lets see where we are then

I could have afforded HKs, I don't like any of their polymer pistol line. My daily carry gun is easily as spendy as the average HK pistol. My wife still carries a S & W magnum

IMO Glocks are just as high quality. Ever own one yourself? I've had 4 and still have 3

Come over to hkforum.com and read about all the HK pistols with broken parts (including a few frames) and the other issues some of them have. If you think any weapon is flawless it simply means you're not a serious shooter :p

I could have afforded HKs, I don't like any of their polymer pistol line. My daily carry gun is easily as spendy as the average HK pistol. My wife still carries a S & W magnum

IMO Glocks are just as high quality. Ever own one yourself? I've had 4 and still have 3

Come over to hkforum.com and read about all the HK pistols with broken parts (including a few frames) and the other issues some of them have. If you think any weapon is flawless it simply means you're not a serious shooter :p

I only have one HK pistol. I have always wanted one, so I splurged.....I have not shot it that much and it seems to function just fine. I have owned 3 Glocks in the past. I owned a 10mm when Glocks were first introduced to the US back in the 90's. I was even a member of the Glock Sports Shooting Foundation back in the day. I had a serious problem with my 10mm though. For some reason, the firing pin would not give consistent hits on the primer. The gun would go, bang, bang, click, bang, click, click......and so on. I compared the round that went off to the round that didn't. Two distinct differences on the primer. you could clearly see that the one that did not go off had a lite hit. At that time Glock had what they called a parts update. To you and I, it was a recall to update poorly designed parts. Even after the "parts update" I still had the same problem. I could not rely on it to defend my life so I got rid of it. The next two I have owned turned out to be fairly good guns. The last one I custom built with "Lone Wolf" stuff. As far as the problems with HK's. I always tell my girlfriend that ANYTHING man made will wear out sooner or later. Any gun you shoot long enough will fail sooner or later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top