JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
that is until I discovered the pistol called the 1911

In the end, however, the 1911 bug won out over the USP.

Preaching to the choir guys, I already have a dozen 1911's, all goods ones too no milspec garbage. But I need to diversify, which means being open to plastic crap. But I don't want just any crappy plastic crap, I want the best plastic crap out there! I am aggressively seeking this P30L and I can't find one in the state of WA. I'd call Keiths in Oregon but I've been in there quite a bit in the past and they are always too busy to answer the phone 51t1c4.jpg

Preaching to the choir guys, I already have a dozen 1911's, all goods ones too no milspec garbage. But I need to diversify, which means being open to plastic crap. But I don't want just any crappy plastic crap, I want the best plastic crap out there! I am aggressively seeking this P30L and I can't find one in the state of WA. I'd call Keiths in Oregon but I've been in there quite a bit in the past and they are always too busy to answer the phone 51t1c4.jpg

Grab an HK then. you wont be sorry. As far as I am concerned, its the finest piece of plastic crap you can get.

Call sportsmans warehouse in medford Oregon, they had a couple last time I checked, I've got a p2000 and its been great, just rock solid with 8k rounds with no failures whatsoever, it's my daily carry gun

Call sportsmans warehouse in medford Oregon, they had a couple last time I checked, I've got a p2000 and its been great, just rock solid with 8k rounds with no failures whatsoever, it's my daily carry gun

You don't mean Wholesale Sports by chance do you? I thought Sportsman Warehouse got bought out by WS, I could be wrong. If it is WS I might be able to get them to transfer it to my neck of the woods. If it's SW I can't buy a gun in Oregon, not to mention that's a 12hr round trip I believe.

I own two H&K's a .45ACP USP Tactical and a 9mm USP. It's my opinion that H&K's are extremely well built and accurate, parts are not hard to come by and the gun is not hard to work on. I also own a Glock and while it's a good gun I feel the H&K are built to a higher standard. If you can find both in a gun shop these days pull them apart and do a side by side comparison and you will see what I mean. I too love my 1911's but plastic serves a purpose as well. Buy, shoot, be happy.

Cons about the USP: Magazines are EXPENSIVE
Pros: They usually function pretty well*

*I was shooting with friend once and my USP experienced a double feed jam. Real story.
I blame it on excessive lube, as USPs function well (IMHO) with minimal lube. Source: My experience.

So I started using Pjur repair, German lube, now I have no malfunctions.**

**Total sarcasm

There's a fatal flaw in your plan.

I have no one to boss me around, tell me what to do, or spend my money. Saying 'no' to marriage & children is the same as saying 'yes' to success. Now I know some of you old codgers will disagree (because your wife is in the same room right now and you fear her), but the guns (or lack of) don't lie.

So now that I've got all the married folk in a tizzy, lets get back to the HKs. This accuracy thing, noticeably better than standard Glocks & XDs with similar barrel lengths? The extended slide release, is it nearly impossible to reach and operate with your thumb like newer 1911's? What's with the different triggers on the same models (LEM)?

last weeks purchase:

10nrjn4.jpg
My wife bosses me around you are right.... she says "you can buy a gun if you buy me a matching one" i got her a PTR to match mine, then she tells me 2 weeks later she wants a .40 but she is not sure if she wants me to get rid of my sig and get the same as she wanting or if she just wants me to get her a sig like mine. I got a Mossberg 590 today and i see her get that look in her eye like she is going to make me get another one :D

My wife bosses me around you are right.... she says "you can buy a gun if you buy me a matching one" i got her a PTR to match mine, then she tells me 2 weeks later she wants a .40 but she is not sure if she wants me to get rid of my sig and get the same as she wanting or if she just wants me to get her a sig like mine. I got a Mossberg 590 today and i see her get that look in her eye like she is going to make me get another one :D

I see your sniveling and raise you:

guns picked up in the last 45 days

dh5q9.jpg

qzba.jpg

2nt9px5.jpg

hvxvdg.jpg

2mpa0ya.jpg

1230ap0.jpg

mpj45.jpg

When will you married guys realize you simply can't compete? Now go take out the trash like you were told! 23ljpdj.jpg

How can you be on the fence? Just buy it.

If you get a P30 and don't like I will buy it but not at $1300 like others.

Hint hint

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Ok.. How come nobody here complain about how bulky it is and too thick to conceal carry? Unless you want a handgun infrint on your shirt. :) i had HK 45 USP and 40 USP I like them both at the shooting range. They are perfect range gun but it was too big for me to concealed.

I will get burn but I have to say this the HK P30L is the ugliest handgun that I see

I want one of these, but how does one justify the grand it's going to cost?

Let's put this into perspective. HK is the Harley Davidson of the gun world. You are paying for the brand name, quality and reputation. With that said, I am a HK lady of the night on a street corner. I own 5. As well as a 04 softail Harley. I have a .45 USP and like it very much. When it comes to poly guns, it is far better quality than a Glock. But you are not paying the HK price for a Glock. I was lucky and have had my USP for a few years. When I bought it, the price was nothing like today. I can get a $500.00 profit if I sold it right now. You certainly can not argue with HK quality.

I love me some HK! I recently purchased two P30s from other members here. A 9mm LEM and a .40 DA/SA. The ergonomics are second to none, and they are super accurate. I love them both. Also, I can now shoot 357 Sig from the DA/SA, since I just got my new EFK Fire Dragon barrel today.:woot:

I love me some HK! I recently purchased two P30s from other members here. A 9mm LEM and a .40 DA/SA. The ergonomics are second to none, and they are super accurate. I love them both. Also, I can now shoot 357 Sig from the DA/SA, since I just got my new EFK Fire Dragon barrel today.:woot:

so you're the one sucking up all the P30's. did we not learn about sharing as a tyke? 20rus68.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top