JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember one time I was at a gun shop and a guy was explaining to a friend that he wanted a hangun without a hammer.
This way if someone rushed you,he couldn't grab the gun and disable it by blocking the hammer.

My question to him was,why pull the gun and not shoot?

There are times when you just have to quietly stare with your mouth open drooling on your shirt....

But: During my experience with the Army, I had a little 9mm auto from Beretta. I got real good at a quick disassemble of the slide off the gun with one movement of one right hand while holding it with my left, to do a quick clean up. Once I got into a discussion with a fellow soldier and had him point the unloaded pistol toward me as I reached over and snatched the slide / barrel off the top. I was demonstrating that I could possibly disarm someone using my own pistol against me. However . . . I do not imagine EVER trying this for real. I'd be shot for sure.

Ok first off .... The guy doing the quick fire, He's going to shoot himself in the back one of these days....lol..... and secondly.... You can disarm people quickly MOSTLY because people who pull a gun are not expecting you to reach for it. If you KNOW how to do it. Get some training if you want to know how to do this. DO NOT try and learn this from watching you tube videos....LOL

I don't think it's stupid at all. I'm convinced that if a guy is dumb enough to put a gun in my face (not protect it close to his body) that I can move my head slightly to my right before he can react and fire. If I truly believe he's going to fire, then I have to try something. I'd move my head slightly right at the same instant I reached up and grabbed his gun with my left hand. His instinct is going to be to use both of his hands to try to wrestle his gun back.

This "might" give me the 3 seconds I need to draw and start plugging him full of holes.

"Might" is better than standing there passively and dying.

I never said that I would do nothing just his methods do not work if u push on the slideto dislodge it backwards then it works that would be the best bet while moving to the side this wil give you the best bet. Try it and you will find it works you will only have to move the slide back a quarter of an inch to make the move work. Not pushing on the back like he did. Gook luck and good idea.

I never said that I would do nothing just his methods do not work if u push on the slideto dislodge it backwards then it works that would be the best bet while moving to the side this wil give you the best bet. Try it and you will find it works you will only have to move the slide back a quarter of an inch to make the move work. Not pushing on the back like he did. Gook luck and good idea.

Very true, but with one hand you might not have the leverage to do that. If you can make him miss the first shot, and grab the gun tightly, it won't go back into battery. If you got really lucky and pushed the slide (on a Glock) back about 1 1/2 inches, his slide would lock. Just remember, while doing all of this you are also trying to draw, and it's all over in split seconds. I'd feel lucky just to get my head out of the way and any grip on his gun which pointed it away from me just long enough to draw and fire.

The one I posted on the first page ,the guy was more interested in getting the gun off target (you) and the breaking the finger part kinda stops the attacker for a couple seconds.
Then pull your weapon.For most of us that aren't ambidextrous,trying to disarm someone with their non dominant hand won't work as good as making this a 2 step drill.Unless you are real good with the left hand

I believe he would start with the right palm facing left,grab the gun,twist his hand towards the attacker ( I think he may have used the left hand on the back of bad guy's gun hand) and pull the gun and hand to the right,exposing the back of the guy's head . So,essentially bending the finger and wrist backwards.
And if you are lucky he goes into shock from the pain.

Playing "Lethal Weapon" and trying to jack the slide could work if he doesn't pull the gun back and put it back into battery.Your hand slips off and he's good to go again.

All of these ideas have some merit,since if a guy is going to point a gun and NOT shoot,he's counting on the intimidation factor and you freezing.Otherwise he would have already shot you.

The one I posted on the first page ,the guy was more interested in getting the gun off target (you) and the breaking the finger part kinda stops the attacker for a couple seconds.
Then pull your weapon.For most of us that aren't ambidextrous,trying to disarm someone with their non dominant hand won't work as good as making this a 2 step drill.Unless you are real good with the left hand

I am completely ambidextrous, but that's not the point. If he's right-handed, my left hand is much closer to the gun than my right, and I want my right to be drawing.

All of these ideas have some merit,since if a guy is going to point a gun and NOT shoot,he's counting on the intimidation factor and you freezing.Otherwise he would have already shot you.

And I'm thinking of the guy who I believe is going to shoot me, at the instant he tries to point the gun. I'm hoping his instinct is to then use both hands to try to retrieve control of his gun, giving me about 3 seconds to draw and shoot.

As I said, no guarantee of the outcome, but it's better than just standing there and dying without trying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top