JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that was the first time that gun in that configuration has ever been seen. I agree that it would be nice to see it presented by someone else - Military Arms or Mr Gunsngear - or even PP/Yankee Marshall - but it sounds like Gorilla Ammunition may have of the few if not the only .300 blackout SAWs in existence - at least outside of video games maybe.

It would be interesting to see wild hog carnage if a couple guys had those and got a herd of hogs in a cross fire... oh the ham-anity! :D

Finally watched it. Cool weapon. click-click-click-click....
I find him offensive. I tend to be profane when the occasion arises, but on camera? Sheesh. I can still remember my mom washing my mouth out with soap.

I'm pretty sure it's a schtick he does for the camera - views = ad revenue. When he was starting out on his channel it was a lot more basic, informative stuff. He was also fatter, and sans tattoos, and had a business partner. Somewhere along the way - the partner split. He started loosing the gut, and the "nastier" Yeager appeared. His viewership increased as well - haters still view and it's like John Willis with OSOE gear (who is friends with Yeager) - the more profane and nasty Willis gets - the more he blasts people who can't understand their shipping policy, etc - the more views his vids get, and the more free advertising his company gets. That guy publishes his website's back end logs - and he hasn't been blowing too much smoke when he says that the haters and crap talkers drive business his way.

It's a learned business practice - and so they put on a show for the cameras.

Then you have other guys - like MrGunsandgear, Travis Haley from Haley Strategic Partners (formerly of MagPul's training school) Tim from Military Arms Channel, Sootch, and a few others who are almost never profane, almost never as energetic, and come across in a more dignified, professor-like tone and they still do well. But none of those guys is selling nylon web gear or a tactical firearms school.

When Yeager's minions do videos - they're never as over the top. He's got a guy named Jordan working for him who is very informative re exercise and diet, and he had/has his own channel - FXHummell - as well before going to work for Yeager.

Jeff Cooper, Yeager is not and never will be. He does get his mitts on some really cool guns sometimes though - and he runs the piss out of them and will tell you when something breaks. For instance, they've been testing out the DPMS G2 Recon .308 AR for a while, running it hard in classes, putting a lot of lead through it and trying to break it. Wading through the profanity and drama - there's some good info to be gleaned about that particular gun. Another gun they've been putting through the paces at his school is the Canik TP9 - the weird Glock-Walther lovechild from Turkey. $300 gun - they say they haven't been able to break it in thousands of rounds. Of course it's possible, maybe even likely, that these firearm companies are putting some $$ in his pocket to say nice things, but Yeager rarely says nice things, so maybe not.

He does have one of the best known YouTube gun channels, so if I were a firearms company I'd probably want to get my product on his channel - along with the others mentioned above - and use social media to pimp my stuff - it's faster and way cheaper than full page print ads in gun magazines.

I would've loved to have a different vid to put up about the SAW-300 - but no one else has one yet. If Gorilla Ammo wanted to loan that gun and a pallet of ammo to me - I would happily make videos about it. I could even keep the profanity to minimum (or at least have bleeps) but I don't see that happening any time soon. I've got a face for radio and a voice for silent movies. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top