JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that was the first time that gun in that configuration has ever been seen. I agree that it would be nice to see it presented by someone else - Military Arms or Mr Gunsngear - or even PP/Yankee Marshall - but it sounds like Gorilla Ammunition may have of the few if not the only .300 blackout SAWs in existence - at least outside of video games maybe.

It would be interesting to see wild hog carnage if a couple guys had those and got a herd of hogs in a cross fire... oh the ham-anity! :D

Finally watched it. Cool weapon. click-click-click-click....
I find him offensive. I tend to be profane when the occasion arises, but on camera? Sheesh. I can still remember my mom washing my mouth out with soap.

I'm pretty sure it's a schtick he does for the camera - views = ad revenue. When he was starting out on his channel it was a lot more basic, informative stuff. He was also fatter, and sans tattoos, and had a business partner. Somewhere along the way - the partner split. He started loosing the gut, and the "nastier" Yeager appeared. His viewership increased as well - haters still view and it's like John Willis with OSOE gear (who is friends with Yeager) - the more profane and nasty Willis gets - the more he blasts people who can't understand their shipping policy, etc - the more views his vids get, and the more free advertising his company gets. That guy publishes his website's back end logs - and he hasn't been blowing too much smoke when he says that the haters and crap talkers drive business his way.

It's a learned business practice - and so they put on a show for the cameras.

Then you have other guys - like MrGunsandgear, Travis Haley from Haley Strategic Partners (formerly of MagPul's training school) Tim from Military Arms Channel, Sootch, and a few others who are almost never profane, almost never as energetic, and come across in a more dignified, professor-like tone and they still do well. But none of those guys is selling nylon web gear or a tactical firearms school.

When Yeager's minions do videos - they're never as over the top. He's got a guy named Jordan working for him who is very informative re exercise and diet, and he had/has his own channel - FXHummell - as well before going to work for Yeager.

Jeff Cooper, Yeager is not and never will be. He does get his mitts on some really cool guns sometimes though - and he runs the piss out of them and will tell you when something breaks. For instance, they've been testing out the DPMS G2 Recon .308 AR for a while, running it hard in classes, putting a lot of lead through it and trying to break it. Wading through the profanity and drama - there's some good info to be gleaned about that particular gun. Another gun they've been putting through the paces at his school is the Canik TP9 - the weird Glock-Walther lovechild from Turkey. $300 gun - they say they haven't been able to break it in thousands of rounds. Of course it's possible, maybe even likely, that these firearm companies are putting some $$ in his pocket to say nice things, but Yeager rarely says nice things, so maybe not.

He does have one of the best known YouTube gun channels, so if I were a firearms company I'd probably want to get my product on his channel - along with the others mentioned above - and use social media to pimp my stuff - it's faster and way cheaper than full page print ads in gun magazines.

I would've loved to have a different vid to put up about the SAW-300 - but no one else has one yet. If Gorilla Ammo wanted to loan that gun and a pallet of ammo to me - I would happily make videos about it. I could even keep the profanity to minimum (or at least have bleeps) but I don't see that happening any time soon. I've got a face for radio and a voice for silent movies. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top