JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The best way to solve this problem is to get all 18-20 adult gun owners and get a kick bubblegum legal team and sue the pants off the state: take it to the Supreme Court. The anti-gun folks have proven to use law to pressure the state to grab guns in California. We should use the same tactics to preserve our Constitutional rights.

Did you misunderstand what I said? Or completely ignore it? I didn't change the term, I clarified it because you're attempting to put words into my mouth. You are the one that claimed I said the constitution 'bestowed' rights - I never said that, anywhere. I clarified that in my response and you deflect. How about you quote me where I said rights are bestowed by the constitution?

Who are "us" and "them"? I can only assume you're being deliberately obtuse or just plain contrary. Considering the forum you're on and who the general audience here is, I think it's quite clear: "Us" are the citizens that care about defending their 2nd amendment rights. "Them" and "They" are those that are seeking to take those rights away from us. Want examples too since you're playing like you don't really know? Anti-Gun Democrat politicians. Everytown. Mothers Against Gun Violence. Bloomberg.

You quote @AndyinEverson to me as an example, yet you respond to me with a condescending response - as an example: "I can see it causes tremendous personal turmoil" - a 10-year-old can see that snarky quip for what it really is. Your post is hardly an example of facts and rational thought. You're trying to get rise out of me, and it's not going to happen. I won't indulge your petty and childish tactics.

I'm done with your condescending attitude and passive/aggressive comments. It's clear a rational conversation isn't going to work with you.

Again, I am sorry you feel this way, however i could see how you might feel it was condescending especially as evidenced by your recent and continued exhibited behaviour of late.

To clarify my position,

Natural rights are those that are not dependent on the laws or customs of any particular culture or government, and so are universal and inalienable (they cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws). Legal rights are those bestowed onto a person by a given legal system (they can be modified, repealed, and restrained by human laws).

Not to be confused under the term natural 'law'.

The idea of human right is also closely related to that of natural rights: some acknowledge no difference between the two, regarding them as synonymous, while others choose to keep the terms separate to eliminate association with some features traditionally associated with natural rights. Natural rights, in particular, are considered beyond the authority of any government or international body to dismiss.

For those interested in a down and dirty overview of this philosophical concept(s) Natural and legal rights - Wikipedia

Uncle Ted said it best, I have the God given right to protect my Gift of Life, and the means to do it should not be restricted in any way by the words, wishes, or laws of men! I do not require a piece of papar or the permissions of men to excersize that God Given Right, and that piece of paper only codifies that natural law and holds mens hearts accountable to the laws of God! We celebrate our gift of life each and every day, and any attack against that should be dealt with in the most severe manor possable.
Justcuz, The above argument is nothing more then semantics, your argument is baseless, and your further attack on a person's opinon debases your own! You can disagree if you like, you have that right, but be prepared to rebute your positions, as most here do not share, or agree with your opinon!
We are discussing the meaning of the 2nd and it's ramifications today, and the attack on it by those who would subvert it, or outright remove it! We know the end game desire of the antis, and that is the core of this discussion. I'm not going to call out Troll, but if this discussion continues down the current path, that may change!

I think that some folks just come here to battle and in doing so sharpen their knives. I can think of two recent examples.

I'm too damn old, too damn slow witted, and have exhausted myself trying to deal with them on a rational basis. Thanx fellas.

Uncle Ted said it best, I have the God given right to protect my Gift of Life, and the means to do it should not be restricted in any way by the words, wishes, or laws of men! I do not require a piece of papar or the permissions of men to excersize that God Given Right, and that piece of paper only codifies that natural law and holds mens hearts accountable to the laws of God! We celebrate our gift of life each and every day, and any attack against that should be dealt with in the most severe manor possable.
Justcuz, The above argument is nothing more then semantics, your argument is baseless, and your further attack on a person's opinon debases your own! You can disagree if you like, you have that right, but be prepared to rebute your positions, as most here do not share, or agree with your opinon!
We are discussing the meaning of the 2nd and it's ramifications today, and the attack on it by those who would subvert it, or outright remove it! We know the end game desire of the antis, and that is the core of this discussion. I'm not going to call out Troll, but if this discussion continues down the current path, that may change!

Why thank you for the kind backhanded insult, especially since your post was doing so well until you felt the need to hurl a playground taunt which negated your entire point. Shame actually!

To all who have replied:

We all here are interested in firearms and the need to using them safely and responsibly.
We also at times have different opinions , thoughts , ideas and experiences as to what that means for us and others.

If you disagree with someone , then feel free to discuss the matter respectfully.
Bolster your premise with facts and reason.
And please above all remember rule number one:
Be excellent to each other.

This thread has jumped back and forth over that line of rule number one....
Lets get back to keeping it on the positive side of rule number one.
Thank you ,
Andy

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews