JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah yes....let me qualify myself. Ive been booted. Waited a few years, came back, then publicly quit on my own. That drew both laughs as well as criticism from their members. A man cant disuss anything over there without criticism and censure. See, Jenny was a wefare mommy on the coast with a sob story. Apparently her health issues (the ones she claims to be dying from every 6 mo. Eternally ) kept her from honest work as a piano player. Perhaps her piano playing wasnt good or perhaps there wasnt much call in Tillamook, we'll never know. Either way she was a welfare mommy with an old junk Toyota living in a rental house up the Kilchis. No doubt 3 mo. behind on rent. For reasons we will never know she began Cryfish aka Ifisg, gayfish, etc. Some guy saw an oppurtunity and moved in. Bill I believe. He was the brauns behind growing the site to a marketable size. Jenny was allowed to add her hormone inspired feel good stuff whenever she wasnt dying. Eventually the site was sold and Jenny/Bill moved to Oregon City where I hear after buying a house and Bill a nicer boat they are broke again. Sadly as a condition of the sale Jenny is allowed day to day operational control of the site where she continues to wax poetically about birds, flowers, and death. Maybe if shed just give up the cigarettes and honey dripping liberalism? Bill continues fishing and looking for his next mark. Number one bubblegum Crabbait......he doesnt even live in the US. Hasnt picked up a rod or shotgun in at least a decade. Having too much fun drinking Costa Rican booze and chasing youg Costa Rican cooze.

(Standing ovation)
That may be the greatest piece of poetic rambling i've read in quite some time.
Bravo Sir, bravo.

(Standing ovation)
That may be the greatest piece of poetic rambling i've read in quite some time.
Bravo Sir, bravo.

Complete with the "Poetic License"? And if I understand correctly.......

(poetic license
n.
The liberty taken by an artist or a writer in deviating from conventional form or fact to achieve a desired effect.)

I've been a fisherman since I was very small, and I've been on ifish from near the beginning. What ifish has turned into really chaps my hide though. Ifish was a good idea and has brought many good things to the NW.

Jennie has had a tough life, and worked her butt off to make it better....For those of you that are poo-pooing ifish and don't know what Marfans Syndrome is, look it up before you bag on her. She's not even supposed to be alive at her age, 45 (I believe). She lost an 18 year old son a while back to Marfan's. I wish I had the ability to look at life like that girl does.

On the other hand I don't think much of what ifish has become. Many, many good posters have left or been thrown out because of a minor argument with the "Religious Leader" Jennie. She has this idea that it's her way or the highway, kind of like some of the recent crap here, which many of us claimed to respect, though we didn't believe they were going about it in the right way.

MikeJ is correct about Marfans syndrome. My best friend has it, is in his early 40s, and knows his days are numbered.
Jenny is in her 50s I believe, which is a bit of a miracle in itself. But she's already had the emergency surgery on her aorta, which most Marfans patients don't get in time, and die from massive internal bleeding. I read with interest the story of how she damn near died due to one doctors ignorance, and when it comes to Marfans, that is often the case.

Ifish was a great idea, and one that filled a need, until the treehuggers and the flaming libs took control. Since then the inmates have been running the asylum. The one refuge for sanity there used to be The Salty Dogs board, but even that one has gone downhill in recent years.

Ifish can be a very informative place, but having any kind of a reasoned debate is all but impossible anymore. If the name calling doesn't get out of hand, the arrogance of the enviro left takes the tenor of the conversation into the realm of the proverbial pizzin match, and any/all ability to share info or learn anything flies out the window.

The issues with the Ifish forum seem to parallel the fact that fishing in general has been taken over and dominated by the 'enviro left'. I have watched it happen over the years here in Central Oregon.

Didn't Kitzaber outlaw selling felt soled boots in Oregon a few years ago?
You can still use them where you could before but can't get them here is what I heard. I'm sure he has fifty pair.

You fellas want to visit the dark side ? The antiIfish if you will......come on over to.....www.fishchan.com
I friggin love it.. not that I "entered" the site.. just perused the coversheet. I know if I entered, I'd probably love it so much I'd forsake all else.. I've been a member of a site or two like that.. they certainly fill a need.

You fellas want to visit the dark side ? The antiIfish if you will......come on over to.....www.fishchan.com

Yeah, I was gonna post that up. I never registered there, I was afraid it would put me on some list, making me ineligible for other websites, or something. I picture ifish looking like fishchan if there were NO moderation....And "firearmchan"? Problem is if you let websites go like that you lose the really smart people, that you can respect and learn from, no mater their political alignment.

Mike

Last Edited:
The issues with the Ifish forum seem to parallel the fact that fishing in general has been taken over and dominated by the 'enviro left'. I have watched it happen over the years here in Central Oregon.

That is the case in central Oregon. I've seen that crap with my own eyes. It's a real shame too. However, the fishing crowd I tend to run with, who hits the coastal fall Chinook fishery hard, is anything but "left". I think the reason for that is we all tend to be self reliant because fixing a (fill in the blank) fishing reel, boat, motor you name it gets expensive fast.

I've observed those who are self reliant tend not to want undue government intrusion and influence and usually they are to busy WORKING to take a day off and stage a grand protest.

It's a real shame for Jenny's condition, but she still doesn't have to be the way she is.

When one thinks about it, the reason ifish is so far left is because Queen Jenny is, I'm more than sure receiving, or has received government hand outs or is taking advantage of some sort of government program(s). In other words taking advantage of the left's and now obama's transfer of wealth scheme. So it stands to reason she's only going to "promote" those who thinks like she does. In short ifish is an exact reflection of her.

In short ifish is an exact reflection of her.

I agree with this. As a forum owner, I don't think it's possible to have a forum that isn't a reflection of the owner or owners.

Once NWFA is up and running 100% I'll be moving onto development of NorthwestSportsman.com for hunting and fishing. Those who like the way I run NWFA will like it there as well.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top