JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got the last "parts" for these kits in the mail the other day and FINALLY completed my two Bleeding Control IFAK's and a Chest Seal/NP/Burn IFAK. these go on a plate carrier but also go in the car, day bag and desk drawer etc. Take a look at what I got and lemme know if I'm missing anything then show off your set up!!

Bleeding Control IFAK (1 of 2)
rip-away pouch
2 TQ holders
2TQ's
gloves
1 compressed gauze
2 cellox hemo gauze
2 T3 4" Israeli bandages
Tape roll
scissors
sharpie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chest Seals/NasalTube/Burn IFAK (1 of 1)
rip-away pouch
3 compact chest seals (twin packs)
gloves
2 water-gel burn dressing
1 sterile "dry" burn bandage
4 sizes of Nasal Tube
4 packets of Nasal Tube Lube
2 Tension Pneumothorax Decompression needle

BC1.jpg BC2.jpg CS1.jpg CS2.jpg

Looks good for a bleed out kit.
Throw a small flashlight, a small bottle of saline solution for eye injury some heavy duty tylonol or pain killers in there, usually you would have a pack of antibiotics to take rght away for severe trauma as well, but thats all for that kit except also add a roll of electrcal tape in there.
You can secure a splint to imobilize an area, tape larger lacerations together, broken fingers, ts got a million uses.
I carry a roll as part of my edc, I use it all the time.
Know how to use your gear is most important.

flashlight is a really good idea đź‘Ť I have a small bottle of eye-flush as well for the kangaroo pouch.
tape rolls as well which i wanted to have plenty of (medical and electric). speaking of knowledge...now that my gear is all assembled with some spares im going to do a Crisis Medicine online course. Would much rather do in person/class training but covid 🤷‍♂️

This is my minimalist kit which goes with me when I'm in a T-shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals.

Pic 1.jpg Pic 2.jpg

This is the ankle kit I wear at work, and the one I have with me most often. Because of the potential for a get-home scenario with only what I have on my person at the 'go' moment, I added some sanitation items in case the only restroom access is the local landscaping...

Pic 3.jpg Pic 4.jpg

This is my most comprehensive kit which I carry on my hunting vest, and take when I go on vacation or into the wilderness, due to the more comprehensive nature of the kit. The items in the tubes are saline for eye wash and Neosporin, and invisible behind the rolled gloves is a nasopharyngeal airway and lube packet, and a comprehensive "boo-boo" kit which includes tweezers and a needle. I think the pouch is the same as that used by the OP.

Pic 5.jpg
Pic 6.jpg

Last Edited:
flashlight is a really good idea đź‘Ť I have a small bottle of eye-flush as well for the kangaroo pouch.
tape rolls as well which i wanted to have plenty of (medical and electric). speaking of knowledge...now that my gear is all assembled with some spares im going to do a Crisis Medicine online course. Would much rather do in person/class training but covid 🤷‍♂️
I am not experienced in using IFAQ's and anyone who is can chime in to correct any poor assumption I have here, but wouldn't a headlamp be better than a small flashlight since if you need to use your medkit, and you need light, having the light not tying up one of your hands would be helpful!

I am not experienced in using IFAQ's and anyone who is can chime in to correct any poor assumption I have here, but wouldn't a headlamp be better than a small flashlight since if you need to use your medkit, and you need light, having the light not tying up one of your hands would be helpful!
Having one of each is better. Alot of the time people mix up having an IFAK with a general use first aid kit (or they combine them). In my experience I want my IFAK as compact as I can but dont leave out any essential equipment. Your "boo boo" kit should be separate because when you need quick clot gauze band aids wont do.

Having one of each is better. Alot of the time people mix up having an IFAK with a general use first aid kit (or they combine them). In my experience I want my IFAK as compact as I can but dont leave out any essential equipment. Your "boo boo" kit should be separate because when you need quick clot gauze band aids wont do.
That makes total sense, when you need a band aid, the IFAQ isn't being used, and when you need the IFAQ the band aids aren't being used.

this is why things like first aid kits (even as a child) make me laugh. Oh! you're backpacking? hunting in the sticks? ATV"ing 10 miles from a main road? those alcohol wipes and band-aids are gonna be suuuuper helpful for a compound frac/penetrating chest wound/massive hemorrhage/actual burn/eye injury

like everything else; context is king. it could very well be that you need a hand held/mini light to look inside a wound or someone's mouth or whatever and you may not wanna get your face down in there. also; a head lamp makes you a SUPER sexy target to a bad guy. Not saying I'm going Urban Commando but its stuff i think about also, at some point I'll own a helmet and while i'll always have a head lamp in the kangaroo pouch i may not have room/time to put it on my head. the reason I DO like your idea is that I may be tossing this IFAK to someone and they may not be super duper skilled/calm etc. In that scenario a headlamp for them is perfect; one less thing for shaky hands to hold. Like "a drum mag you may toss to a newbie in a bad situation b/c they dont have hella "reload the gun under pressure" experience. so give them 60 rounds and maybe they wont have too" sorta logic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top