JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dump question - I know, but I have this habbit of flipping off anyone who has an Obama sticker.

Can someone complain to the state police and can they, thinking I am so road-rage guy, yank my CCW?

For the record, I just flip them off. I am not "raging", but experssing my 1st Amendment rights very directly. I don't mouth "FU" or anything. Just the finger.

I know... it is a bad habbit. I should "spread the love", etc.

Not sure in Oregon, but in Washington the police can only know you have a concealed if you tell them or they get the info through a warrant. Here the DOL issues the license and they have a record of it but police can't get that info without a warrant. However if you tell them once (like when your pulled over) then it will be in their record because you freely shared that info. I got a pamphlet when I got my concealed in Washington explaining all this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Oregon law has a caveat on using deadly force, you can't be the instigator. I'm not sure if "communicating" with the enemy counts as being an instigator or not, and I'm too lazy to check it out. I try to avoid pissing people off while driving, there's too many crazies out there that don't seem to have a problem with shooting at you or starting a fight.

Oregon also has a "duty to retreat"... Washington has a similar law to the castle doctrine. But Idaho is looking better and better.

Dump question - I know, but I have this habbit of flipping off anyone who has an Obama sticker.

Can someone complain to the state police and can they, thinking I am so road-rage guy, yank my CCW?

For the record, I just flip them off. I am not "raging", but experssing my 1st Amendment rights very directly. I don't mouth "FU" or anything. Just the finger.

You're going to get cramps doing that in Corvallis.........

Good for you Oregon guys. We don't have the castle doctrine but our law in Washington actually goes past the castle doctrine to include your vehicle, place of work, or anyplace you have a right to be, and even includes protecting others. I would consult Oregon's laws on the state patrols ability to access your licensing records.

If you have your CCW, can you still flip people off on the highway?

I tell my students that by living a lifestyle where you are known to be a jerk (make racial slurs, macho attitude, Angry responses, intimidation, road rage, harrassment of others, etc) ...you set yourself up to be viewed as the bad guy if ever you find yourself in court having to defend your use of deadly force (Just ask George Zimmerman how his past has come to haunt him, even though he may be innocent in *this* case). Imagine the prosecutor questioning your friends in court, "Have you ever known the defendent to demonstrate anger to other drivers" .... etc

You can count on the prosecution pulling out all the stops and digging up anything they can about your character to destroy your credibility and to demonstrate that you didn't use good judgement when you pulled the trigger. You buy your ticket and take your chances. I'd rather go into that situation with a long line of witnesses swearing that they've never seen me demonstrate any of those actions, that I only treated people cordially, and I never intentionally brought touble onto myself.

Yes, I agree. Keep your rep clean as you can. They will get theirs one day. I certainly plan on telling my attorney if I. Ever need one that.youknowwhat...I have no record and the govt trusted me with a TS/SCI . Now the other dude that started it....welll take a look at his record. It ain't much but every little bit helps when someone goes after you in this crazy world these days. Heck, I will even volunteer I coached little league. Just another gun toting, constitution livin red blooded American vet.

:s0155:

Brutus Out.

orygunmike: OK. Good response, which I really already knew but could not quickly and concisely put into words.

I will "break" the habbit.

It's good to break the habit. Flipping off Obama supporters makes you look like a jerk, it's the reactionary kind off
stuff liberals do. Everyone has the right to be a complete moron and support Obama (unfortunately!) and to express
that support.

Couple of things.

First, there is no law against "road rage" in Oregon, at least no specific law. Driving behavior a commonly associated with road rage (tailgating, honking, flashing brights, brake checking) can all be cited under various traffic laws.

Second, Flipping the bird is a protected act of free speech in Oregon, you cannot be cited specifically for that. I doubt it's even justifiable PC to pull you over, however that doesn't mean it won't give someone a reason to find PC to pull you over. Personally, I minimize any factor that is going to entice someone to find PC.

If some complete stranger was walking down the sidewalk wearing an Obama t-shirt, would you walk up to them and flip them off to their face?

If some complete stranger was walking down the sidewalk wearing an Obama t-shirt, would you walk up to them and flip them off to their face?

If some complete stranger was walking down the sidewalk wearing an Obama t-shirt, would you walk up to them and flip them off with one hand or both?

There, I fixed your question for you.

How about just acting like an adult?

No one over the age of 13 should ever be 1) wearing a baseball cap backwards, or 2) flipping the bird to another driver.

I had an employee that had road rage driving one of my company vans. He decided to flip people off at random while running service calls for my company. He is unemployed now sitting on a sofa with no electricity and a fat cow girlfriend complaining that he doesn't have a job/money.

Just grow up.

Unless someone filed a restraining order against you, or an indictment was issued, it wouldn't make sense for your CCW(?) to be withdrawn. However, if you have self control issues, then perhaps you shouldn't be around guns.

And by the way, not being aware of the proper terms in Oregon for the concealed handgun license gives a bit of a hint that you may be trolling!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top