JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure in Oregon, but in Washington the police can only know you have a concealed if you tell them or they get the info through a warrant. Here the DOL issues the license and they have a record of it but police can't get that info without a warrant. However if you tell them once (like when your pulled over) then it will be in their record because you freely shared that info. I got a pamphlet when I got my concealed in Washington explaining all this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Brother you need to go do some reading.Hewck right on this sight there has been people asked by LEO about their carry permit without divulging anything to them.

And the retreat thing?
Come on man read something before you just post whatever comes out

Thank you. When a person makes the commitment to carry concealed, one's life becomes circumspect. Your behavior reflects on all the other folks who carry. And like one of the other comments, should someone become enraged over your sophmoreic free speech behavior, your weapon could suddenly become a regrettable liability. Perhaps a little more advanced training is in order if you plan to continue to carry a loaded firearm.

If some complete stranger was walking down the sidewalk wearing an Obama t-shirt, would you walk up to them and flip them off with one hand or both?

There, I fixed your question for you.

Thanks for fixing it for me. I hadn't thought of the possibility of sticking both of your middle fingers in someones face, but that could be necessary to show them that you're a doubly great individual. If you practice this form of "freedom of speech" in person and since you and the OP live in Oregon, I'd ask you to take a look at this snippet of ORS 166.065 - Harassment:

(1)(a)(B) Publicly insulting such other person by abusive words or gestures in a manner intended and likely to provoke a violent response;

Going off of that statute, you could be committing a crime and/or justifying someone in punching you in the mouth. Either way, good luck! :s0155:

Not sure in Oregon, but in Washington the police can only know you have a concealed if you tell them or they get the info through a warrant. Here the DOL issues the license and they have a record of it but police can't get that info without a warrant. However if you tell them once (like when your pulled over) then it will be in their record because you freely shared that info. I got a pamphlet when I got my concealed in Washington explaining all this.

This is not entirely true. In WA, if the cops run your DL/plates - they can see any guns you bought from a WA firearm dealer.

........ ORS 166.065 - Harassment:

(1)(a)(B) Publicly insulting such other person by abusive words or gestures in a manner intended and likely to provoke a violent response;

Going off of that statute, you could be committing a crime and/or justifying someone in punching you in the mouth. Either way, good luck! :s0155:
There are some politicians who have publicly insulted the intelligent citizens of this state. No matter how much you want to, punching them in the mouth is probably a bad idea. However, filing a complaint might yield some interesting results.

This very topic brings up the question of "royalty" when it applies to our politicians. Let's not forget, Ginny and her fellow royals, are attempting to pass laws making it illegal to carry anywhere near them. That includes the apartment complex where they live or a public place where they might be talking to constituants or other politicians.

No disrespect intended, but you carry ccw, and you flip people off?..... so are you looking for a confrontation,so you can try to justify drawing your gun on someone?. if so, you are setting yourself up for an situation that you are going to regret, maybe regret for the rest of your life. ccw, comes with a lot of responsibilities, also if you have a confrontation, you are making other ccw people look bad in the media., and of course if that happens, then our wonderful government will try and pass new laws, trying to eliminate ccw rights.

Not true. A simple lisc plate search tells them if you have a CPL

To the OP..you are starting the ball rolling. I once had a homemade "Impeach Bull and Hellary" sign in my station wagon window in the 1990s, nearly had to run a crazy libtard off the road over it., No more..

To the OP..you are starting the ball rolling.

My thought exactly.

I couldn't care less what the OP does with his digits.... Just be aware there are folks out there that would call your bluff in a second, and not be real impressed with your pistol either. Then again I'm from California where if you come across the right ( or wrong ) person they will kill you and your family deader then disco for looking at them wrong, let alone throwing up hand signals.

Reminded me of Tony Bologna and his sons...

On June 22, 2008, Tony Bologna and his sons, Michael and Matthew, were shot dead near their residence in the Excelsior district of San Francisco as they returned home in the afternoon from a family barbecue in Fairfield. Bologna was on his way home to rest before reporting to his job as night manager at a supermarket later that afternoon. Another one of Tony's sons was critically injured. Jaxon Van Derbeken of the San Francisco Chronicle reported the incident initially as one of road rage.[9] Ramos was arrested and booked on murder charges three days later without bail.

I'm the nicest guy in the world when I'm carrying a gun.

My thought exactly.

I couldn't care less what the OP does with his digits.... Just be aware there are folks out there that would call your bluff in a second, and not be real impressed with your pistol either. Then again I'm from California where if you come across the right ( or wrong ) person they will kill you and your family deader then disco for looking at them wrong, let alone throwing up hand signals.

On June 22, 2008, Tony Bologna and his sons, Michael and Matthew, were shot dead near their residence in the Excelsior district of San Francisco as they returned home in the afternoon from a family barbecue in Fairfield. Bologna was on his way home to rest before reporting to his job as night manager at a supermarket later that afternoon. Another one of Tony's sons was critically injured. Jaxon Van Derbeken of the San Francisco Chronicle reported the incident initially as one of road rage.[9] Ramos was arrested and booked on murder charges three days later without bail.

Unless they have lived what we've lived, no one can comprende

My thought exactly.

Same here.

Dump question - I know, but I have this habbit of flipping off anyone who has an Obama sticker.

Can someone complain to the state police and can they, thinking I am so road-rage guy, yank my CCW?

For the record, I just flip them off. I am not "raging", but experssing my 1st Amendment rights very directly. I don't mouth "FU" or anything. Just the finger.

I know... it is a bad habbit. I should "spread the love", etc.

Didn't read past this ^^

Someday, soon I hope, you will grow up.

Anybody who would drive down the highway flashing obscene gestures at other motorists over something as trivial as a bumper sticker should pause for a moment and seriously reevaluate whether or not they have the maturity and anger management skills needed to carry a concealed weapon.

OP, are you here to see what kind of a reaction you can get from people? Are you actually a responsible adult that has a CHL? You are essentially trying to incite a fight with people who are using their 1st ammendment rights, whether you like the sticker or not. I am as conservative as they come and didn't vote for Obama nor do I share any of his views. However I respect other peoples right to do so and so should you.

How many kids have been in a car that you have flipped off because of a stupid sticker? And the most important question, how long until you really piss someone off and they follow you and knock your teeth down your throat?

I don't condone violence and don't look for trouble, but if someone pulled up next to me and waved their middle finger at me with my kids in the car because of a sticker.....it would be tough to not want to have a word with you.

I'd say your taking a big chance doing this, some time, some place, some one's going to get ticked off, and you might be the recipient of a big time butt kickin contest.

Which, as someone carrying a lethal weapon, is the last thing you want to happen. You might find yourself in a fistfight, struggling to keep your loaded weapon out of the hands of your opponent, and having to decide whether to shoot him or not, all the time remembering that YOU STARTED IT! You're the aggressor in that case and have little or no justification to use lethal force in self-defense. "Grow up" is good advice. Grown-ups can foresee the potential consequences of their impulsive actions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top