JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check with your local legal buddy, State law if I remember correctly. So truely check your local law library.

Man some just get into all out battles on here. Please do not quote me directly, but it is what I have learned from both real life experience and some legal text, from Lawyers, ok.

========================================================

I'm sorry, I did not mean it as a challenge. LOL I even typed it out twice to try to not make it sound so. Any rate, My bad.

I have google, I was just being lazy.

I have google, I was just being lazy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imminent lawless action? Or "clear and present danger".

"Imminent lawless action" is a standard currently used, and that was established by the United States Supreme Court in Brandenburg v. Ohio (1969), for defining the limits of freedom of speech. Brandenburg clarified what constituted a "clear and present danger",
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imminent_lawless_action

And

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/1725.html

Not sure if someone covered this but in my area when they run your license your conceal shows. I was doing a ride along for a class and the officer ran my ODL and the conceal popped up.

Not sure if someone covered this but in my area when they run your license your conceal shows. I was doing a ride along for a class and the officer ran my ODL and the conceal popped up.

It has been covered before but not in this thread. Your CHL is linked to your name. When an Oregon DL is run by its number, the interface used to run will pull your name and date off birth off that record and run them for warrants. It is during the secondary search that the CHL is returned. Also, different agencies run different this different ways. Some when your vehicle plate is run, they will pull the drivers license numbers off the record and run them, which will also run the associated name and DOB with that number for wants and again your CHL will show up.

**this is all for Oregon

If you have your CCW, can you still flip people off on the highway?

I tell my students that by living a lifestyle where you are known to be a jerk (make racial slurs, macho attitude, Angry responses, intimidation, road rage, harrassment of others, etc) ...you set yourself up to be viewed as the bad guy if ever you find yourself in court having to defend your use of deadly force (Just ask George Zimmerman how his past has come to haunt him, even though he may be innocent in *this* case). Imagine the prosecutor questioning your friends in court, "Have you ever known the defendent to demonstrate anger to other drivers" .... etc

You can count on the prosecution pulling out all the stops and digging up anything they can about your character to destroy your credibility and to demonstrate that you didn't use good judgement when you pulled the trigger. You buy your ticket and take your chances. I'd rather go into that situation with a long line of witnesses swearing that they've never seen me demonstrate any of those actions, that I only treated people cordially, and I never intentionally brought touble onto myself.

Oh please. Zimmerman is the worst example you could provide. He's been set up from the begining as a patsy for an agenda to make money for the race grievance industry. Even if he was a pure saint (and he sure seems to be a good guy overall and a good liberal democrat) they'd be trashing his reputation.

Using Zimmerman was a case with which most everyone is familiar. People have seen how the media, within days of the shooting, starting chipping away at Zimmerman's reputation and past. *shrugs*

I admit it - I am guilty of not posting a more subject-appropriate example where a person used a firearm and was convicted of a wrongful shooting partially because he had previously flipped off the "victim". My reputation and credibility on this board is shot.

*face plant*

Oh please. Zimmerman is the worst example you could provide. He's been set up from the begining as a patsy for an agenda to make money for the race grievance industry. Even if he was a pure saint (and he sure seems to be a good guy overall and a good liberal democrat) they'd be trashing his reputation.

Things sure have changed over the years.

I remember a guy who use to flip off someone from his vehicle. one day the traffic lights didn't play in the flippers favor and he got his face bloodied through and open window.

I don't know how anyone these days has time and dexterity to raise a bird when the are busy texting and driving.

MT

That still happens. Often, in fact.

> NWGlockgal;888417]It's good to break the habit. Flipping off Obama supporters makes you look like a jerk, it's the reactionary kind off stuff liberals do.

So it only takes flipping off an Obama supporter to look like a jerk? Or to look like a Conservative?

> Everyone has the right to be a complete moron and support Obama and to express that support.

The same is said about those that are on the other side of the aisle. True Americans don't agree with either party anymore unless they are still living in the 50's (The Good-ol-Days).

So is what we're saying is that both democrats and republicans that flip people off look stupid? Or just the liberals?

Why is hate and hate speech seem to sound so conservative?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top