JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've owned a bunch of 1911s. I've kept one. (the wife has a Ruger, which is a great gun)
Dan Wesson CBOB. Shown in second pick with the Ruger.

cbob.png Ruger and Wesson.jpg

The one I have...
My Dad's Series '70...lots of memories and I know how to shoot it well.

If I were to buy one...Hmmmm....
I'd look for a older GI issue one...that has had some work already done to it...Like sights , safety , finish , etc...
So then I wouldn't feel bad 'bout tricking it out to suit me...and not someone else.
Andy

Last Edited:
Hi, I miss my sig emperor scorpion and am hoping to some day soon reclaim a 1911.. if you had a budget of 2k or less… what would you buy, if you could only buy one, 1911 for the rest of your life? And Why?

Appreciate any feedback or thoughts from you sexy mother lovers, I always learn something new from you all, stay shooting my friends.
Ruger. Because it's a Ruger.

I'd go with a Dan Wesson.
The quality is there. The $$ is reasonable, especially considering what you get; pride of ownership with breaking the bank. They're like a new C7 Corvette... you get a lot for a relatively low buy-in; looks, performance, jealous haters, and chicks dig it.

A guy can spend more... there's always room at the top. If l had unlimited dough my answer might very well be different but I'm recommending Dan Wesson for under $2G

How about having two of the same nice light weight carry one, that counts doesn't it? Of course I cant imagine just having one 1911 that's just foolish talk.

100_2949.JPG

Dan Wesson, unless it had to be left at a crime scene, then Rock Armory.

(joking of course)
Think about evidence, in a self defense shooting, you want the local law enforcers taking care of your $3k, self defense handgun? It's better to carry something more practical and mainstream.

I'd rather see a Glock or M&P sitting on an evidence room shelf than an Ed Brown or other high dollar sidearm. But that's the frugal side of me…

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top