JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep waiting to see a Ronin when I have cash in hand. I'd probably just buy any of the 4 models I know about without much debate. Although "classic " 2 tone is my least favorite look, aesthetically. That part of the 90s can stay in the past if you ask me.
1st 1911 was a two tone, aluminum framed. Thought it was the coolest thing ever! I'd definitely rock the Ronin.

I like to pay with cash. It's nice to paw something for a bit before committing to the purchase.
Ditto this ! And a lot of it has to do with the fact most of the guns I am interested in are classic and a bit 'older' and I want to see them in my hands, operate them and ensure they are original and complete.

I am sure there are many transactions that are completed via mail to the FFL with NO problems but it is not something I have ever experienced.

Maybe I'll locate something not terribly 'valuable' and try an online/mail purchase just for the experience some time.

...what would you buy, if you could only buy one, 1911 for the rest of your life? And Why?
I took some time and looked over 1911s. I can't say I see much difference, so it would have to be how it shoots in my hands.

Which has never happened, probably never will. 1911 isn't high on my "to do/get someday" list.

That being said, just window-shopping, based upon "specs" mostly, I chose this one:
Vickers Tactical Master Class 1911 (MSRP under $1500, leaves some room for extra mags, etc.)

More info in case anyone's interested:

So, did I just make a (virtual) sucker purchase? :)

f

vickerstactmasterclass1911.JPG

Hi, I miss my sig emperor scorpion and am hoping to some day soon reclaim a 1911.. if you had a budget of 2k or less… what would you buy, if you could only buy one, 1911 for the rest of your life? And Why?

Appreciate any feedback or thoughts from you sexy mother lovers, I always learn something new from you all, stay shooting my friends.
I have a Colt Special Combat Government, it's a Colt Custom Shop gun. It is awesome. It cost in the ballpark of $2k, but it is discontinued. You can still find them new in the box though. Highly recommended.

A couple of years ago, I bought a mint in wrapper 1982 NOS Colt Combat Government fully populated slide and barrel from a member here and had Velzey mate it up to my 1968 Colt National Match frame.
He did a great job fitting the new barrel to the frame and it shoots great. The National Match trigger is my favorite of all my Colt 1911's.

IMG_2776.JPG

I have a Colt Special Combat Government, it's a Colt Custom Shop gun. It is awesome. It cost in the ballpark of $2k, but it is discontinued. You can still find them new in the box though. Highly recommended.

I've had a few 1911s, and for under $2k including a few custom touches, you can't go wrong with Springfield Armory.

I currently own two of their 1911s, one being a Trophy Match. It's not daily but man, what a sweet shooter. I've added some G10 grips and haven't done anything else to it.

SA Trophy 01 c.jpg

The other SA is a Champion Operator. It's been slightly modified. This one is super accurate as long as I do my job ;) and is a bit shorter than the Trophy Match which helps make it easier to carry.

SA1911 12.jpg

When I worked at the Bullseye shooting range in San Rafel, CA. I purchased a Valtro 1911 .45 acp. I paid $1200. for it. It was the most I ever paid for a pistol.

Before the terrible boating accident(s) I had Colts 70's and 80's, I had a Sig Nightmare, and the most recent loss was a Dan Wesson VBob, so far for out of the box..... The Dan Wesson has been my favorite how I will miss it ;)

Honestly some great suggestions… if it was for having only one 1911 for multiple applications, bunch of rounds, animal stopping, 2 or 4 legged type and price would allow for A LOT of ammunition and mags I would say the RIA 1911 HC 10mm double stack. If it's not my only firearm/pistol I can have… then it's the Ruger SR1911 LWC! Best factory 1911, really light and after I polished it up I guarantee it will beat the $2k ones and it's 1/3 the price!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top