JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DW would be the default answer if you need to buy new, but their price has been nudging up from the $1300 of a few years ago, to closer to that $2K budget.
So, it might be worth looking at "premium" 1911's for under $2k- i've sold a NH GRP, a Guncrafter NN, a Brown Exec Elite and a couple of original RRA's for $2k or under this past year, and I've seen a few others similarly priced.
Dw's are very good, but at the same price, I'd take any of those above.There's a baer in the classifieds right now within your budget.

When I worked at the Bullseye shooting range in San Rafel, CA. I purchased a Valtro 1911 .45 acp. I paid $1200. for it. It was the most I ever paid for a pistol.
huh- back in '96 when I used to work at a company called Blanc/Noir on Anderson Drive in San Rafael, I used to shoot nex tdoor at Bullseye.
Bought this after the guy working there let me try his- I was about to blow $1400 on a Kimber Gold Combat- This was $1149 + tax

Has had maybe 10k through it since then, new extractor and new rear sight blade replaced by Jardine.
Vr1xTe.jpg

Vr1GCT.jpg

Vr1sMd.jpg

Last Edited:
Ugh. It's depressing to think of owning only one of them. I'm not sure which ones I could let go. I think I need to go lie down for a while I'm feeling woozy.
We are still mostly a free nation. I look at 1911's and a lot of other fire arms like potato chips; If they are awful you spit them out, if they are good you have more than one.

Hi, I miss my sig emperor scorpion and am hoping to some day soon reclaim a 1911.. if you had a budget of 2k or less… what would you buy, if you could only buy one, 1911 for the rest of your life? And Why?

Appreciate any feedback or thoughts from you sexy mother lovers, I always learn something new from you all, stay shooting my friends.

Question..... did you specifically post "If you had a budget of 2k or less......" meaning that 2k is the price you've set for yourself?

Regardless of the reason, open posting is not needed, just something to consider....

If I were to ever purchase more 1911's it would be another 45 SUPER LONGSLIDE. Built by RJ Renner. It is BUILT to handle anywhere from target 45ACP loads all the way up into the upper end of the 45 SUPER load range (using EXTREME caution and 45 SUPER brass). Roger touts it as being a 45 SUPER MAX. I know what I have pushed this through. I was easily teetering into the 460 Rowland range with some "wild" loads. Yes, this one pistol shoots it all. From mild to wild!

This is a 7" long slide, around a 3 to 3.5 pound trigger pull, fully supported hammer forged barrel, and all sorts of other "goodies". It is an absolute dream to shoot.

20210811_170624.jpg 20210811_170350.jpg 20210811_170400.jpg

Built in filters that capture and replace vulgarity, we're a family website where the majority of members have a large enough vocabulary to not need to trigger the algorithm…

I believe it's in the forum rules…
Thank you for pointing him at the rules, I am ashamed at times to say I know him. He is mostly a good sort, just a limited repertoire of words to describe his thoughts and feelings. I should inquire with him if he has Tourettes of the fingers.

They are the potato chips of firearms, just can't have one! Thanks Mary! She called yesterday... "Hey Margaret, your Mini-14 is ready, and OH... we have a Colt defender 1911 in .45 on the shelf" Me okay, will come in just to look. I get there, then these words came out with out control; Yes that will be debit.
20210813_140504.jpg

I would go Para Ordnance. I've owned 2 and both have been extremely accurate and have eaten EVERYTHING I've put through them. I sold my 5" and have a 4.25" but I prefer the 5".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top