JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Where do you carry it at?

• Ankle

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • SMOB

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Pocket

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
So many hard chargers. Carry 2 guns but more than likely not a single piece of medical. In all honesty I would love to see people stopped randomly and they have to show what they are actually carrying on their body vs. what they claim to carry. Not saying saying people lie but I highly doubt a majority who say they carry 2 guns or all these pocket dumps of dreams but no reality. Unless one is super overweight and they think a 2nd firearm is going to substitute their lack of physical fitness. I don't want to ever pull the one gun I carry. Use your head and you more than likely won't have to. But I'm not a tough operator..... so I don't have the skill or knowledge to carry 2 guns. In a profession where one gun is visible I understand carry a second one concealed. But to carry 2 guns conclealed.... I don't see the reality in it. Unless you're someone like Denzel from training day. That's just my opinion. It's America, do what you want.

I don't carry a BUG. Unless you're a LEO I don't see the point. It's a bit unrealistic in my opinion.

I could see the benefit of a second gun in the situation where someone gets the drop on you and finds gun #1, but like you said, not having your head up azz might help prevent that. Especially if the gun was somewhere that isn't as obvious and wouldn't be found in a shakedown. It might also come in handy if the primary gun pukes somehow.

That said, I only carry one gun that I'm confident with, and an extra magazine. Most malfunctions being ammo/magazine related. I too, would probably find some emergency medical equipment as more frequently useful considering I'm much more likely to get in a car accident.

I could see the benefit of a second gun in the situation where someone gets the drop on you and finds gun #1, but like you said, not having your head up azz might help prevent that. Especially if the gun was somewhere that isn't as obvious and wouldn't be found in a shakedown. It might also come in handy if the primary gun pukes somehow.

That said, I only carry one gun that I'm confident with, and an extra magazine. Most malfunctions being ammo/magazine related. I too, would probably find some emergency medical equipment as more frequently useful considering I'm much more likely to get in a car accident.
Spot on. I agree 100 percent.

It is pretty common in a gun fight for people to get shot in the hand or their handgun because it is natural for the eyes to focus on a perceived threat and hands are protruding while point the gun. If the gun is hit it will most likely be unserviceable, likewise if hit in the hand that hand may no longer function on top of lose your weapon. A BUG accessible to the off hand (or preferably both hands) starts to look pretty good at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is pretty common in a gun fight for people to get shot in the hand or their handgun because it is natural for the eyes to focus on a perceived threat and hands are protruding while point the gun. If the gun is hit it will most likely be unserviceable, likewise if hit in the hand that hand may no longer function on top of lose your weapon. A BUG accessible to the off hand (or preferably both hands) starts to look pretty good at that point.
In a perfect world.

So does a tourniquet.

What would you deal with first, the TQ or the individual that gave you a need for one?

I'd consider myself the luckiest SOB on the planet if I was able to take a round to the hand, react, calm myself enough to fumble for the BUG (with my slower off hand), draw said gun and then put rounds on target....all while the guy that just shot me does what........?

Funny, I was thinking in a sh!tty world is where it counts. :s0092:
If you have to discharge your firearm more than likely (99%) you are going to be in close proximity. Now you're shot in the hand and you're going to attempt to draw a second firearm with your off hand. Your opponent is more than likely going to close the distance and be on top of you before your second BUG is drawn. Now you have a gun in each hand (can't defend with full hands). And you have two guns that are potentially at the mercy of your attacker. Those are just hypotheticals though I know.

I'd consider myself the luckiest SOB on the planet if I was able to take a round to the hand, react, calm myself enough to fumble for the BUG, draw said gun and then put rounds on target....all while the guy that just shot me does what........?
You mean your not Superman?!?! I thought it was "I'll know what to do when it happens." Crawled up in a ball when SHTF cause you can't plan for that kind of violence. I know people who were dam good in training but then it came pen to paper they went black and could barley function.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top