JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't see why so many people are so skeered to hot up their 9's.. especially out of a duty (lol, I said duty) size gun. It's the same size gun as a .40 but the 9 has a thicker/stronger case head/web.
Underwood's 115gr does an honest 1550 for over 500fpe with no signs of over pressure. Handloaders have been safely making major major 9 for decades.

I don't see why so many people are so skeered to hot up their 9's.. especially out of a duty (lol, I said duty) size gun. It's the same size gun as a .40 but the 9 has a thicker/stronger case head/web.
Underwood's 115gr does an honest 1550 for over 500fpe with no signs of over pressure. Handloaders have been safely making major major 9 for decades.

Just dip the case in powder, skim excess off the top, cram bullet in and hope it fits in the magazine.

I experimented with several bullets at the time. To was just at the time more light jacketed hollow points were being developed. I have a Hornaday here on my desk that expanded to 69 caliber but I could do better with newer lighter skinned bullets. I haven't found my notebook that has that information. The load it's self is written on my die case. I used to crimp canatalured bullets pretty heavily but don't remember any problems with bullets moving in the case with uncantalured bullets. I would throat and polish the feed ramp until the ammo fed well. I did (and do) use full length guide rods with double Springs. My Gold Cup has lighter springs than my Commander. Other than a lot of polishing, precise fitting and a set of Eliasson sights that is about all I have done. I think my old (personal) combat gun had a set of MMC (?) adjustable sights.
Can't test your load without exact measurements on coal and crimp. I also need what brass and primer you used in order to precisely duplicate your load.

Jeez-us I wasted too much time here arguing over a silly post that a .45 ACP 185 grain round could be pushed to 1400+.

The 1911 is the be-all, end-all of ALL pistols. The .45 ACP can be pushed to levels never before seen by mankind. The rest of of should just grind up any gun that isn't a .45 ACP 1911 into compost to save humanity. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the thread fellas. This uneducated guy is out of this one.

Jeez-us I wasted too much time here arguing over a silly post that a .45 ACP 185 grain round could be pushed to 1400+.

The 1911 is the be-all, end-all of ALL pistols. The .45 ACP can be pushed to levels never before seen by mankind. The rest of of should just grind up any gun that isn't a .45 ACP 1911 into compost to save humanity. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the thread fellas. This uneducated guy is out of this one.

Yes, I've heard! Kills men by the hundreds! And if we all used this load, we'd consume the English with fireballs from our eyes, and bolts of lightning from our arses!

Last Edited:
Well, thanks for worrying about my safety but I'm capable of running safe experiments by myself. I certainly understand where you are coming from but you could just move on and waste your energy on something else. Or you could have said it nicely, a PM? As an admin, does it make you feel better when you insult a member for your own mood issue?

Well, thanks for worrying about my safety but I'm capable of running safe experiments by myself. I certainly understand where you are coming from but you could just move on and waste your energy on something else. Or you could have said it nicely, a PM? As an admin, does it make you feel better when you insult a member for your own mood issue?

So this is how the saba got seared....

Yep, as a Mod I should dance around the issues and not speak my mind. You got it man. Message received. I'll never question another member's safety nor have a thought of my own backed up with facts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top