JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
10mm guys are like 300 Ultra Mag guys. Talk power, are slightly afraid of their own gun, shoot less-than full-power loads in guns that hold fewer bullets, wax eloquently of the cartridge's virtues over other cartrides that FIRE THE SAME FREAKING BULLET.

Spoken like a true .40 guy. I assume you carry it while working? I'm neither afraid of nor romanticizing the 10mm. Yep, same projectile. So? I can shoot AR-15's with virtually the same projectile as a .22. Does that make them comparable? :)

Krispy Kreme or Duncan? :D Go easy, I kid because I care! :p

Last Edited:
Spoken like a true .40 guy. I assume you carry it while working? I'm neither afraid of nor romanticizing the 10mm. Yep, same projectile. So? I can shoot AR-15's with virtually the same projectile as a .22. Does that make them comparable? :)

Krispy Kreme or Duncan? :D Go easy, I kid because I care! :p

Honestly, I'm a Safeway donut guy...

22LR is .218, 223 is .224. Thats WAY more difference in the grand scheme of gnat's azzes.

I have been shooting the 10mm since 1991. 26 years with the same cartridge and am unmoved. Whit Collins and Irving Stone originated the 10mm Auto (.40 G&A) and John (Jeff) Cooper endorsed it.

1. The original loads had a 200-grain FMJ-TC bullet leaving a 5" barrel at 1200 fps (638 fpe).
  2. The 170-grain JHP left the 5" barrel at 1400 fps (this load yielded 741 fpe). The original Norma FFV loads suffered from problems with erratic ignition. (This has since been resolved by Underwood and Double Tap ammunition).
These are all good loads.

Really? Go to a place that sells hunting rifles and reloading equipment. Walk up to the counter and say 280 is WAY better than a 270. Everyone will nod and grunt approval. But then again, its .007 different.

You're missing the sarcasm here brother. o_O

CA649143-1A41-4124-8768-7A3A84E31870.jpeg

There are guys that admit the 10mm is a supreme cartridge capable of taking down bears along with most other 2 and 4 legged creatures in North America. Then there are guys that just haven't figured out how to tame their flinch. :cool:

I have always found these 9mm-40-10mm-45 conversations silly. I am a 45 guy (1350 FPS @ 185 grains trumps most everything) I did have a 45 Win Mag that was a great caliber.....if you want larger magazines, get a 40, if you want cheep ammo get a 9mm. Handguns in general are underpowered marginal weapons one step above a knife in any event until you get to a 44mag or my XP100 .308. Handguns are fun (I have many) but even cops that know they are going to a gunfight get a rifle or shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top