JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a weaving path. But I forgive all the growing pains.

Without all the for mentioned calibers. I would not have the best. .357 sig! ;)

.357 Sig?? LOL talk about a dead caliber! It's 6 feet under while the .40 is still digging the hole!

No, the rhetorical short and wimpy should never apply to the 40 S&W. It has its place, and for a relatively tiny cartridge, that can be used in a tiny little gun, I can think of no other cartridge in such a small package that can compare.

The .41 AE was developed by Action Arms (Philadelphia) VP Evan Whildin in 1986 (50AE in 1988). It is based on a shortened .41 mag with a rebated rim. The idea was that it could be fired in the same guns as a 9mm, with only barrel and spring change. I have two Tanfoglio TA-90s that can shoot the .41 AE. One is a convertible, both 9mm and .41AE and the other is called an Ultra IPSC, .41AE only. The largest user of the cartridge was Israel. They wanted a cartridge with more power for their Uzi's. Two of the major cartridge manufacturers were Samson and UZI, both Israeli. I am not sure who made the most pistols in this chambering, but the Uzi is the only carbine that I have heard of.
The.40 S&W came later and most ammunition manufacturers backed the .40 S&W, even though the .41AE had a slight edge in ballistics.
I love shooting the .41AE and stocked up on enough ammo, brass and bullets (170, 185, 200 and 210 grain) to keep me going - and maybe the Grandkids too.

The 10mm has been "revived" and the full-power 10mm loads are more prevalent (and more profitable) than ever. (I have 5 handguns chambered in the cartridge).

I have never had much use for the .40 S&W.

It's looking that way. o_O

Ah, I've seen that video. He wasn't using full house loads at all. Probably some garbage target rounds from Cabela's or something. You are right, most 10mm off-the-shelf stuff is loaded really weak. True full strength 10mm spanks the .40 all day long and will out power many .357 mag loads.

Ah, I've seen that video. He wasn't using full house loads at all. Probably some garbage target rounds from Cabela's or something. You are right, most 10mm off-the-shelf stuff is loaded really weak. True full strength 10mm spanks the .40 all day long and will out power many .357 mag loads.

I love 10mm. It's too bad many download it.
There is still good ammo out there if you look. ;)

I just prefer to carry a smaller frame gun in .357 SIG.

I love 10mm. It's too bad many download it.
There is still good ammo out there if you look. ;)

I just prefer to carry a smaller frame gun in .357 SIG.

Look brother, .357 sig was one of those "seemed like a good idea at the time" rounds. But let's be honest, that caliber, far more than the .40, is dying. Quickly. I have a friend that carries one in the Glock flavor, and he told me as soon as he's eaten up his stash of ammo, it's gone because it's getting too expensive to feed. I agreed 100%.

Why .357 Sig Never Caught On

Look brother, .357 sig was one of those "seemed like a good idea at the time" rounds. But let's be honest, that caliber, far more than the .40, is dying. Quickly. I have a friend that carries one in the Glock flavor, and he told me as soon as he's eaten up his stash of ammo, it's gone because it's getting too expensive to feed. I agreed 100%.

Why .357 Sig Never Caught On

I like it.
And I don't care if I need to plug it into my cars cigarette lighter to keep it on life support. I'm keeping it alive!:D

Speer Gold Dot LE Duty 357 SIG Ammo 125 Grain JHP

It's gone now. I bought it all.

'Tis true. Full-power 10mm Auto loads (170-180 grains) run into the "lower end" .41 Magnum power range.

This works for me.

A short list of manufacturers, importers and .41AE pistols - EAA Witness (Tanfoglio), TZ 75 (Tanfoglio), GT41 & 41 ULTRA (Tanfoglio), CZ 75/85, Jericho, EXCAM, TA90 (Tanfoglio), Springfield P-9, Baby Eagle, SAR B6, Browning Hi Power.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top