JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...anyone that legally owned a gun could open carry what would you carry and why?

Since concealment is no longer an issue would you stick with what you have or move to something more task oriented. :)

I personally would no longer have any need for plastic pistols and start carrying my Sig P229 Elite Stainless. Since I did not have to worry about hiding it I would want a powerful gun with good capacity and great accuracy that could handle recoil well. I doubt I could do much better than 13 rounds of .40S&W in a gun that is bullseye accurate.

SigP229Elite.jpg

PS: This thread is not about whether or not open carry is tactically sound. It is just for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
For fun? OK, I'd carry either my SGL20 or my PTR91 (depending on what I'm wearing) and either my FN FNP45 or my Sig P220. I'm not nuts about plastic guns but I've really taken a shine to my FNP45. :D

Just thought about it: I'd also carry my wife's TRR8 when she wasn't using it. Also, I forgot the "and why" portion of the question. Why carry either a .45 or a .357 magnum? Because they stop things when you need them stopped. That's not to say a 9 or .40 won't do the job but I like .45's. Why a .30 cal semi-auto rifle? Why not! :D

LEO's open carry and they're still packing Glocks. Weight is still a factor with anything I have to carry 24/7. My "accuracy" needs are center of mass, and Glocks are much more accurate than some give them credit for.

Glock 21 or 23.

Since I live in an OC state and have a CHL for my neighboring state (OR), I already OC daily. You can more effectively carry a larger caliber and capacity when you open carry. I carry my sig P229R (.40 S&W). I used to carry a Bersa .380 and KelTec P32 .32auto. I still have my KelTec and carry it as a BUG. I see alot of you guys with very beautiful larger guns that you WOULD carry if you were forced to OC. Personally I carry my black Sig in a black holster and dress fairly conservatively. It usually blends in and very few people notice.

Carrying openly every day is liberating. I say try it, start with somewhere where you are comfortable, where you shop daily or weekly. You will find not much happens, not many notice. If you conduct yourself in a polite, courteous, professional manner others around you trust your BEHAVIOR implicitly. Go about your business as you normally would and do not draw attention to yourself. If asked, be prepared, be patient, be kind. It's time to come out of the closet.

IMG_0244.jpg

I am surprised there have not been more people choosing a magnum caliber revolver. I think the main reason I did not is strictly capacity. When your aim is like mine you need as many chances to hit the target as possible. Plus, the thought of shooting a magnum caliber revolver with no hearing protection is not a pleasant one. I might just take a beating instead if given the option. :)

I am surprised there have not been more people choosing a magnum caliber revolver. I think the main reason I did not is strictly capacity. When your aim is like mine you need as many chances to hit the target as possible. Plus, the thought of shooting a magnum caliber revolver with no hearing protection is not a pleasant one. I might just take a beating instead if given the option. :)

That's the end of the story for revolvers, for me. To each his own though.

OK, now, everyone in unison. "If you can hit what you aim at you don't need..." :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top