Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

If concealed carry was outlawed in all states, but...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, May 2, 2010.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

...anyone that legally owned a gun could open carry what would you carry and why?

Since concealment is no longer an issue would you stick with what you have or move to something more task oriented. :)

I personally would no longer have any need for plastic pistols and start carrying my Sig P229 Elite Stainless. Since I did not have to worry about hiding it I would want a powerful gun with good capacity and great accuracy that could handle recoil well. I doubt I could do much better than 13 rounds of .40S&W in a gun that is bullseye accurate.

SigP229Elite.jpg

PS: This thread is not about whether or not open carry is tactically sound. It is just for fun.

SigP229Elite.jpg

2. tallshipsgo

tallshipsgo Springfield OR Well-Known Member

For fun? OK, I'd carry either my SGL20 or my PTR91 (depending on what I'm wearing) and either my FN FNP45 or my Sig P220. I'm not nuts about plastic guns but I've really taken a shine to my FNP45. :D

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I'd be happy as ****. I'd go back to my full size S&W 1911 in an OWB Holster or even wear my JackAss holster without a concealment garment...

018.jpg

018.jpg

4. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

My Kimber Custom Raptor 2.

Kimber_RaptorII.jpg

Kimber_RaptorII.jpg

5. tallshipsgo

Just thought about it: I'd also carry my wife's TRR8 when she wasn't using it. Also, I forgot the "and why" portion of the question. Why carry either a .45 or a .357 magnum? Because they stop things when you need them stopped. That's not to say a 9 or .40 won't do the job but I like .45's. Why a .30 cal semi-auto rifle? Why not! :D

6. Father of four

Here is a better Picture. PlayboyPenguin will still call it my very expensive paper weight. :cool:

65135417.jpg

65135417.jpg

7. PlayboyPenguin

My Sig P220 was almost my first choice. The P229 just barely beat it out based on capacity. :)

8. PlayboyPenguin

I like those Raptors. They are scary looking. :)

65135417.jpg

9. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

My Walther PP-Super or my Safari Arms in .451 Detonics Magnum

10. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

You're all thinking small, why not grab an AK/AR pistol and roll with that, can't complain about 30 rounds of 7.62 or 5.56.

11. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

LEO's open carry and they're still packing Glocks. Weight is still a factor with anything I have to carry 24/7. My "accuracy" needs are center of mass, and Glocks are much more accurate than some give them credit for.

Glock 21 or 23.

12. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

How about twin glock 19s w/crimison trace laser grips. one for the left and one for the right in owb holsters like blackhawk level 2s. Or i would do a jackass rig with a 19 under the left and two 33rd mags under the right.

13. tallshipsgo

I’ve been enamored with the P229 Equinox of late. One of these days maybe I’ll have enough money! :D

14. gogoDawgs

gogoDawgs Federal Way, WA Active Member

Since I live in an OC state and have a CHL for my neighboring state (OR), I already OC daily. You can more effectively carry a larger caliber and capacity when you open carry. I carry my sig P229R (.40 S&W). I used to carry a Bersa .380 and KelTec P32 .32auto. I still have my KelTec and carry it as a BUG. I see alot of you guys with very beautiful larger guns that you WOULD carry if you were forced to OC. Personally I carry my black Sig in a black holster and dress fairly conservatively. It usually blends in and very few people notice.

Carrying openly every day is liberating. I say try it, start with somewhere where you are comfortable, where you shop daily or weekly. You will find not much happens, not many notice. If you conduct yourself in a polite, courteous, professional manner others around you trust your BEHAVIOR implicitly. Go about your business as you normally would and do not draw attention to yourself. If asked, be prepared, be patient, be kind. It's time to come out of the closet.

IMG_0244.jpg

15. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

500px-AKSU-Krinkov.jpg

16. Father of four

In my other hand I'll carry my Polytech .223 just encase I need suppression fire against them dang zombies! HeHe Maybe I'd have the wife carry it. :bluelaugh:

Polytech223Underfolder.jpg

17. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

I already open carry my Glock 19 everywhere, so I'd just keep on doing that. :D

18. PlayboyPenguin

I am surprised there have not been more people choosing a magnum caliber revolver. I think the main reason I did not is strictly capacity. When your aim is like mine you need as many chances to hit the target as possible. Plus, the thought of shooting a magnum caliber revolver with no hearing protection is not a pleasant one. I might just take a beating instead if given the option. :)

19. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

That's the end of the story for revolvers, for me. To each his own though.

OK, now, everyone in unison. "If you can hit what you aim at you don't need..." :D

20. MuddyWatters

MuddyWatters West Seattle Member

High cap and plastic. G17.