JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The North West Practical Pistol Association (NWPPA) has been a fixture in Seattle-area competition since the 1970s.

Operating for many years as an IPSC, and later, USPSA affiliate at Interlake Sporting Association in Kirkland, NWPPA has in more recent years conducted IDPA matches at Renton Fish & Game Club.

Those who have been shooting IDPA, especially if you have competed in the annual state championship, are probably already aware that key administrative and match staff positions have been assumed by the group which, going forward, will be known as Renton Shooting Association (RSA).

A new shooting sport, Action Shooting International (ASI), was formed in the Seattle area a few years ago, and its rise has created the opportunity for expanded competition opportunities at Renton; NWPPA will step into the role of management of the Renton ASI club.

The NWPPA web forum has served for years as the information clearinghouse for IDPA in Washington, with folders for each of the area clubs, and even support for non-IDPA events.
Going forward, that web forum will be replaced by two new forums.

For IDPA, the new Renton Shooting Association will maintain their focused forum here: Home | Renton Shooting Association

NWPPA will have a new, ASI-specific forum here: Login Required | NWPPA

Both organizations will depend upon continued participation by the "membership"; even though there may be no dues paid, or board meetings to attend, the success of both NWPPA and RSA will be proportional to the participation of everyone who attends our matches.

Seek out Range- or Safety-Officer training, volunteer for match staff positions, show-up early to help set up, and stay late to help tear down; contribute what you can to maintaining your club's health.

What does this mean for IDPA shooters in NW Washington?

Sheldon
From the shooter's perspective, it probably won't mean much, unless you frequented the NWPPA forum for information about everything IDPA in Washington; the new Renton Shooting Association forum will be specific to that club's activities.

For many years, the IDPA Area Coordinator for Washington was active at Renton, as are the Safety Officer Instructors still, so having a single place for western Washington IDPA information was valuable.
Now, the AC is in Wyoming, match results are largely being posted to Practiscore, and area clubs can leverage their respective range's forums, facebook, etc.

Howdy y'all ….. feel like a different shooter now. Hijack someone else's thread but didn't want to start one for plain ole me…

Been a member at RFGC for years and Bobb W. Finally talked me into going to ASI pistol shoot on the range today. The action shooting bays I've driven past so much.

My wife thought it would be a decent date away from kids. She came too. First any real kind of shooter discipline.

Started at "new shooter" speech area and got assigned SQUAD 5… it seems like a lot of people were there to me but I don't know….8 squads of 15???

After some initial nervousness with everyone around and watching. We just focused on safety and not getting disqualified. Success in that department for both of us. I think this just adds another layer to a hobby we both share. My wife did great. I knew she'd do good. I'm proud of us both.

Looks like a lot of folks are very………enthusiastic???…… about it. I don't think a goal would be to compete in any high level. But it looks like they have fun with it.

4 hours went by pretty darn quick. I feel fatigued but it doesn't feel like I've been shooting from the bench all day. Feels good.

I'd encourage anyone curious about action type shooting to give it a try. Thx for reading

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top