JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Hell yes I'd sell out my freedoms and yours to save my family"... Is the exact opposite of what I think the Good men and women in Our military stand for.
Indeed, you're correct. But I'm pretty sure I made that statement in the context of some hypothetical fairy-tale situation where our own government lawfully confiscates firearms and we have the decision to either go along with it or start an armchair rebellion over our constitutional interpretation.

I believe that we should be allowed to own firearms. That is a freedom that I very much enjoy, and a right given to me by the constitution. If they change that, and tell me that I can either sell out that freedom and that right, or be imprisoned or shot, I will definitely go along with them.

I'll also probably have an idea of where to find some unregistered and untraceable firearms and ammo caches that happen to be stored in hard-to-find locations on public land.

You are muddying the issue. Take guns out of the equation. You were willing to literally do anything to save you and yours, including being told what to drive and how to vote. You cast aside your freedoms on the flimsiest of pretexts. Then you came back and suggested that we'd somehow misread you and that you did have a personal rubicon as yet unexplained.

I can't imagine why anyone would be confused by your statements and protestations.
Hypothetical situation: A man puts a gun to my 4-year-old daughter's head and says to you "Give up your guns, drive a Prius, vote democrat, and eat nothing but quiche, or I'll blow her sweet little brains out." What would YOU do?

I'm veteran of two wars and a proudly serving active member of the U.S. Military. I love my country, and anyone who wants to take it from me will have to fight through me first.

What you're not understanding is "realism." Hell yes I'd sell out my freedoms and yours to save my family. If you think you wouldn't, you're a fool.

Ya'all assume so much about me, based on so little. :)

I love my country, my liberty, and all of my constitutional rights, but they come below my family and my life on my list of 'things to never give up.'

I really get a bad taste in my mouth whenever a white American man who has never been shot at, had the truck blown out from under him, watched a close friend bleed out in a pile of dirt and garbage, seen a child starve to death, or lived in a third-world country starts telling me which of our American 'rights' are worth dying for. Ya'all need to adjust your priorities.

(And again, this is all moot. Fear of a forced seizure of firearms in this country is ludicrous.)

Anti-american philosophy, followed by a war hero's resume with a little race card thrown in? I'd like to change my answer to "troll"

Do you people truly think your lives are worthless without a legal right to own firearms?

I fight FOR our freedoms and rights, have risked my life for them, and dedicated eight years to the defense thereof, and that's worthless because I say that I will obey the law? You disgust me, sir.

You said you would sell us out, my freedoms and yours. You are truly untrustworthy.

Hypothetical situation: A man puts a gun to my 4-year-old daughter's head and says to you "Give up your guns, drive a Prius, vote democrat, and eat nothing but quiche, or I'll blow her sweet little brains out." What would YOU do?

Clearly we would do what Liam Neeson would do!

Well, there's been a load of misunderstanding here, and I'm sure that much of it is my fault. I apologize for that.

I would like everyone to know that I absolutely would not risk anyone's life to save my own. But I would also not endanger anyone's life including my own over any legal right. Legal rights can be restored, the dead cannot.

In expressing what should have been this simple (and only mildly offensive) point, I have been mistaken for something I am not, and I apologize if anyone has been offended by what they took to be my meaning. The term "sell out" was an unfortunate one for me to use. It carries a lot of meaning with it regardless of how you intend to use it.

I am a patriot, and I truly want nothing more than for us all to maintain ALL of our rights and freedoms.

The thing you dont realise is what you agree to in the art of war
The time there of, is not what you ultimately do. A sucker is born every second, a sucker punch takes care of the few you wont be needing to worry bout any longer.

The thing you dont realise is what you agree to in the art of war
The time there of, is not what you ultimately do. A sucker is born every second, a sucker punch takes care of the few you wont be needing to worry bout any longer.

Comes down to 1 of two things for me.. Bury or use. If i bury I pass it onto my children or loved ones & friends that i trust to use. If i use, they pass on, the agressor's that is,.... only to be buried. :s0103:

If i use, I 'passed on agressor's', only to be buried.

FromtheInternet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the things I am chuckling about is the thought that the folks saying, 'They will not comply', strike me as committing an act of civil disobedience. These are essentially the same folks that makde fun of, put down, and constantly criticize the liberals for committing acts of civil disobedience, for example the hippies during the Vietnam war.

Actually it might not really be civil disobedience, as some seem to be espousing armed insurrection.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top