JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For any govt critters reading this, I, for one, will comply.

You don't need to see my identification...
I am not the droid you are looking for...
I can go about my business...
I can move along.

IOW, leave me the hell alone.

Having typed that, tongue-in-cheek, would that it be so easy, and that we all had Obiwan jedi powers.

Medic!'s post made me write this --

How to Take Over a Country in a Few Political Cycles

Forment class warfare

Tax the people very progressively and buy treats for the masses.

Borrow massively and spend money on perks and projects for the masses, and for government's friends, of course.

At some point, the debt will dominate the tax bill and, "You spent it and now you must pay," will enslave everyone and we all will feel the weight of the debt. Growing taxes will shrink our personal wealth and lower our lifestyles.

Public perks will be the only bright spots in our lives and we will worship the government for giving these benefits to us.

The government will, in the mean time, have been shrinking our world, ...but we did not notice --

The ability to move around will be curtailed by high gas prices and taxes. All transportation cost will go way up. Public messages will suggest we stay near home and work more to get ahead. Auto parts, tires and used cars will be taxed additionally.

Regulations on air and train travel will reduce the available seats.

The ability to communicate will decrease by means of phone and Internet costs and outages.

Cell phone unlocking will be illegal.

Ham radio licenses will be revoked due to a need for public bandwidth. Transmit power levels will be deeply cut.

The media and entertainment will mold the masses to stay at home and watch the tube. A few relaxing legal drugs will help.

I am reminded of the Matrix movie where people served as small batteries to power the system. The people will have their energy and wealth drained continuously to feed the government and the elite ruling class.

Home ownership will be progressively more difficult and looked upon as an antisocial act. The government will supply ‘adequate' housing.

Speaking out will be crushed by the big lies told over and over.
Penalties will be applied.

Medical services will be superficial and slow. Old age euthanasia will be promoted. Is it Solient Red or Green today?

One political party will emerge. Only one party will have any power and if you want anything from local government and up, you must go with and support The Party.

Other small parties will be secretly maintained to rail against and blame for failures.

Elections will be a sham. No additional training required for this one.

The labor unions will be utilized to manage wages. Pay will be determined by the Class of work you do. Changing classes will be very difficult. A few class jumpers will be widely celebrated, for PR, of course. "Work hard and you too can reap the benefits of government controlled wages."

Shortages of imported goods will start; which is about everything. The US will not be able to pay up front in the world marketplace.

Foods will again become very seasonal. The best grades will be sold out of country: Sort of like now.

Precious metals cannot be held. Only the government notes can be used for transactions. No bartering.

Literacy will decline so only the spoken word will dominate communication and will allow monitoring and control.

Dossiers will be held on everyone with the computer power and information gathering systems now available.

Camera and drones will inventory every moving thing in real time.

All guns have to go. Harsh penalties like loosing your house and job.

Value Added Taxes will be imposed in addition to Societal Guidance taxes. (To modify bad behavior)

Since we will not build more power plants and refineries, we will start power rationing. If you want to pay more you can get all the power you want. We must invest with our friends in more green power.

If you are part of party politics, you can get all the power you want.

Small incidences of Martial Law keep occurring and staying.

Lots of reported terrorism at home forces the government to keep a lid on everyone. (Protests?) "It's for their safety. Think of the children."

The military shrinks and a new Public Service organization forms to perform public works. The unemployed can work for free housing and food. The food will be carefully selected for your benefit. Think- A prison without bars. Think the Prison Gangs might end up running the show?

Cash rewards for reporting on your neighbors.
Join the New Neighborhood Watch.

This list may prove sadly entertaining in 2020.
Feel free to add you own speculation.

Roy

You guys are arguing semantics between living doc and amendable. its the same thing. Jefferson thought each generation should write their own Constitution. Anyway....we will always we be debating different interpretations of the Constitution for as long as it exists. It's just human nature to disagree and argue.

Because I said that it is living (or amendable) you assume I want to amend the 2A, I don't. However, my interpretation is likely different than yours. I want all gun sales to go through NICS. You'll likely thing that crosses the "shall not be infringed" portion of the 2A. I don't think it does. The debate goes on.....

The same laws, that support putting a new president in place, that allow police to arrest you and requires us to pay taxes all have changed over the years. Yet none of these are constitutional and we feel as a society we should adjust it ?
There exist no bases to support fixing the constitution.
I respect your point a view, however a good legal argument never has weight when a person said a thirst party thought something. If Jefferson indeed had these thoughts after the constitution was signed I would listen to the argument.
Sadly from what I know that was addressed in debates prior to to the signing so therefore are not worth considering as they were ideas dismissed. One mans idea alone does not make law. Lincoln, considered ideas to allow slaves to exist
if purchased but American born slaves would be free. Obviously that did not occur either. No more then Obama so called promise not to go after gun rights, well that was before and we all know what the law not thoughts are doing as we speak. I again respect your points, however the fact a person or persons had thoughts or idea prior to the actual passed law hold no weight. For any consideration of an error on any ones part these discussion would have to occur after no before. As discussions occurred and the Constitution was signed. And End that chapter !
I'll add to what you said. As of right now there are currently 10's of thousands upon tens of thousands of state, federal and local laws that have not ever been ruled constitutional or unconstitutional which is why it is left up to the sheriffs discretion to enforce or not enforce the same as it is up to the citizen to obey or not obey. Legally according to our constitution. Which is why people are presumed innocent.

The goal is literally every person (among the non-elite) to be a part of the non-individual thinking collective. Each person chipped and categorized as property of the state.

That is the root of 'political correctness' by the way. Stay within the square. Do not dare to speak out or be different in any way.

You individuality must be removed. You must behave exactly as prescribed by society and law.

Unfortunately Amerikans are so brainwashed, so inurd to tyrannical control that their goal of a drone populace is actually a distinct reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
And none have been edited to "catch up with the times". New ones have been made, but none has had it's wording changed that I am aware of.

Article Five of the Constitution spells it out: "The Congress, whenever two-thirds of both Houses [the House and the Senate] shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution . . ." States were also given a chance to propose changes, or amendments. Three-fourths of the states have to approve the amendment for it to become law.

I think trying to prove that the document is 100% iron clad seems pretty silly given that there is a process lined out to make additions. Whether an amendment has ever been reworded or not I am unsure, though I think in the context of this micro argument it's largely irrelevant.

Burt - if you have to change someone into a monster/borg to make your narrative play out it should probably tell you that your going in the wrong direction. Attack his policies until your blue in the face but save the sci fi fantasy world stuff. Take a breather.

Fyi...

"you do not just "change an amendment." You can only repeal or change what an earlier amendment with another amendment. An example of repealing an earlier example is how the 21st Amendment nullifies the 18th Amendment (Prohibition). This is also the case with many amendments that had mentioned slavery and how they were altered through new amendments. "

It is nuts like you that are giving us gun owners a bad name. Get a freakin life

Not On My Watch .......... Mein Führer !

Similiarities between Adolf Hitler & Barack Hussein Obama
•
Both Hitler and Obama held rallies in outdoor stadiums to excite and inflame the people's passions. Frequently women would faint or break into tears.
•
Both Hitler and Obama wrote ghost-written autobiographies prior to the start of theri run for political office. Hitler wrote Mein Kampf (My Struggle), and Obama wrote Dreams Of My Father. Both men then wrote a second book talking about their goals
for German and America. Hitler wrote A New World Order, and Obama wrote The Audacity of Hope.
•
Both Hitler and Obama originally had last names that were changed later in life. Hitler used to be Schickelbruber, and Obama's last name was Soetoro.
•

Both Hitler and Obama hid their real identities. Hitler had a Jewish ancestry, and Obama
a Muslim one. But unlike Hitler, Obama flaunted his Muslim roots in his start as a politician in order to defuse the inevitable firestorm. His ploy of "hiding in plain sight" worked very well.
•
Both Hitler and Obama's supporters followed them blindly, and without question
•
Both Hitler and Obama used political power and coercion to conceal and hide their birth certificates from coming to public view. Hitler made his disappear, and Obama is unwilling and unable to produce his long-form birth certificate.
•

Both Hitler and Obama advocate using young people as a driving force to create an "army" of youth dedicated to their Ideals. Hitler had his Hitler Youth, and Obama his
Obama Youth Brigade.
•
Both Hitler and Obama were known for their tremendous oratorical skills
•
Both Hitler and Obama received Messianic comparisons, and both men had songs of adoration written about them and for them.
•
Like Hitler, Obama rules in direct disregard to the will and wishes of the people.
•
Like Hitler, Obama has an obvious distaste for the Jews, and sides with the Muslims every chance he gets.
•
Both Hitler and Obama were able to mezmerize the people even when it was obvious that what they were saying was not true.
•
Both Hitler and Obama used domestic terrorists to launch their careers. Hitler had his Brown Shirts from his beer hall days, and Obama had people like Bill Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, and Rashid Khalidi.

obama-as-hitler.jpg

It is nuts like you that are giving us gun owners a bad name. Get a freakin life

So if we dont agree with you, we give the whole community a bad name. So to good I need to agree with you and your ideals?
Sounds a lot like utopian collectivism to me.
We must all be like this or that! Dont think differently!

Ill happly stick to my ideals.
Obama is evil ans is after my gun and is after my freedom. He is a tyrant and is a domestic enemy.
The constitution is a document writen in stone.
If you feel I give you a bad name then I am afraid you need to look deep inside of yourself and find who you are, not the collective whole.
Just becuase I completly dissagree with, I dont feel you are giving gun owners a bad name...
But I belive in liberty and freedom as well as the self.
Recomend you read Ayn Rand.

I believe he is saying that you can disagree and dislike Obama without comparing him to Adolf Hitler. I don't agree with most of what Obama does either, but it seems distasteful to compare him to the worst mass murderer in recent history. Just saying...

I don't think I would comply with any new rules with my firearm. The standard magazines for my Beretta M9 are 5 rounds over the limit for it. I think the Feinstein Bill which will prohibit future buy and selling of magazines larger than 10 rounds will probably create a massive black market for "assault" weapons (notice I used quotations) as well as owners like me who are merely looking for the standard magazine for my firearm.

One of the main reasons I would never want to move to California is because of their gun laws, not just their super high property taxes. Her last AWB cost the Democrats a 30 year House majority as well as the Senate. I do not think what works in California would work very well in Missouri, or Texas. I think massive non-compliance and civil disobedience from otherwise non-violent and law abiding gun owners would send a powerful message to the political establishment.

I personally do not believe it will pass, make it past either the Senate or the House.

So if we dont agree with you, we give the whole community a bad name. So to good I need to agree with you and your ideals?
Sounds a lot like utopian collectivism to me.
We must all be like this or that! Dont think differently!

Ill happly stick to my ideals.
Obama is evil ans is after my gun and is after my freedom. He is a tyrant and is a domestic enemy.
The constitution is a document writen in stone.
If you feel I give you a bad name then I am afraid you need to look deep inside of yourself and find who you are, not the collective whole.
Just becuase I completly dissagree with, I dont feel you are giving gun owners a bad name...
But I belive in liberty and freedom as well as the self.
Recomend you read Ayn Rand.

I can feel the melodrama oozing out of the screen.

And Ayn Rand was nuttier than squirrel bubblebum.

Well, I didn't search either, but if I recall, they were codes used by the French resistance in the movie, "The Longest Day." Also, unless I am mistaken, I thought it was "Jean has a long moustache." Guess I should google it.

And what the heck?Google isn't a verb!

Got it!
John has a long mustache - YouTube

Not just the movie
"John has a long mustache" is a direct reference to the Allied code phrase for Operation Overlord, the Normandy Invasion (D-Day, WW2). The signal, like many others, was sent over normal radio broadcasts; each codeword/phrase meant something to a specific group or individual listening in Nazi occupied territory. This specific code phrase was the signal to the French Resistance (the Maquis) that the invasion would begin the next day. To them, this meant that need to execute pre-arranged sabotage and other preparations as planned before the landings on the French coast.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top