JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know there are a lot of people here that at one time or another took a oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
The question is how many that have taken that oath will obey orders if given them to confiscate guns from citizens that at this time are legal to own? or will you go with flow just to keep the job?
and to those that haven't taken the oath, will live up to that oath?

I know there are a lot of people here that at one time or another took a oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
The question is how many that have taken that oath will obey orders if given them to confiscate guns from citizens that at this time are legal to own? or will you go with flow just to keep the job?
and to those that haven't taken the oath, will live up to that oath?

They did it in New Orleans after the hurricane. The police department went door-to-door checking for guns. They even wrestled an elderly woman to the ground to take an unloaded gun from her.

Of course they will go with the flow. Why in the world would a police officer throw away his job for YOU?

It has nothing to do with how good a person the officer is. They are trained to take orders and to keep the peace and execute the laws. Judging right or wrong is left up to the courts.

they keep saying "who needs a 30rd mag , nobody needs an ar15" . well nobody "needs" alcohol , nobody "needs " tobacco , nobody "needs" a big screen tv . Many who have lrg suv's and diesel Pickups don't need them , but this is America. We are free and we have these because we want them and have the means to get them. It is our right to have them and it is nobody's right to ban them because we don't need them

It has nothing to do with how good a person the officer is. They are trained to take orders and to keep the peace and execute the laws. Judging right or wrong is left up to the courts.

Except in some counties in the NW. It seems to me that some would choose to dissolve the constitution in their judgements about an addendum to the constitution, the Bill of Rights. I suspect similar took place prior to the civil war. If a foreign power wanted to weaken a competitor, what better way than breed discontent, and promote fear ?

BS? I said come get them, who said I was willing to die for a gun, Ill use my gun to keep from dying.....My defiance isnt bravado, I simply refuse to make it easy for anyone to mess with me...so if you claim your coming to get my right full possessions, you wont find it easy, should you threaten my life....you now have a problem.....this is how I lived my life,Im no different today than the rest of my years as a 1%ER

Well you don't have to be 1%ER to have the same outlook in life.

You guys are arguing semantics between living doc and amendable. its the same thing. Jefferson thought each generation should write their own Constitution. Anyway....we will always we be debating different interpretations of the Constitution for as long as it exists. It's just human nature to disagree and argue.

Because I said that it is living (or amendable) you assume I want to amend the 2A, I don't. However, my interpretation is likely different than yours. I want all gun sales to go through NICS. You'll likely thing that crosses the "shall not be infringed" portion of the 2A. I don't think it does. The debate goes on.....

Not so... some rights are inalienable and given to us by our Maker. They cannot be taken away by a scrap of paper or current public opinion

That is the root of 'political correctness' by the way. Stay within the square. Do not dare to speak out or be different in any way.

Politically Correct as per Webster's dictionary; conforming or adhering to what is regarded as orthodox liberal opinion on matters of sexuality, race, etc; usually used disparagingly to connote dogmatism, excessive sensitivity to minority causes, etc

Politically Correct as per Rotty; I am going to Lie to you to get what I want. I will Punish you for thinking and acting differently to force you to comply. What ever it takes to sway the masses.

I will not comply!

Last Edited:
Its important to remember that many have already taken a stand against unconstitutional restrictions on gun ownership. They have been labeled 'criminals', killed, incarcerated, and vilified. Some continue to remain in prison today.

But how much is bravado?
dont paint everyone with your same paint brush

there are Im certain many like me, that dont think much of our govt & more importantly dont trust them, & consequently never buying weapons thru FFL, its not illegal, so its my right that I have taken advantage of....so I say again MOLON LABE ....no one knows what I have or dont have, therefore anyone coming to my door for guns is doing a house by house strip search & in that event they have a problem, and maybe Im an internet loudmouth that owns NO guns whatsoever,

dont paint everyone with your same paint brush

there are Im certain many like me, that dont think much of our govt & more importantly dont trust them, & consequently never buying weapons thru FFL, its not illegal, so its my right that I have taken advantage of....so I say again MOLON LABE ....no one knows what I have or dont have, therefore anyone coming to my door for guns is doing a house by house strip search & in that event they have a problem, and maybe Im an internet loudmouth that owns NO guns whatsoever,

That was not an attempt to label everyone with the same paint brush. That was wondering out loud how much of people's talking here is just for show. You obviously say yours is not just for show. Power to you man. I am sorry that you are so scared of your government that you cannot buy a gun from a dealer. Nothing wrong with buying them person to person, I do it all the time. But while I am certainly weary of my government and the potential it has for abusing power, I am not so overwhelmed that I can't bring myself to walk into my LGS to buy something. Like I said, I'm sorry you've been pushed that far.

I can feel the melodrama oozing out of the screen.

And Ayn Rand was nuttier than squirrel bubblebum.

What makes you say this? You didn't know her personally. Ayn Rand was born into and saw the flaws of the Soviet Communist state where the state is everything and the individual is nothing, she as I understand that we should be the individualists we were born to be and that the state must be under us and not over us.

Ayn Rand was born into and saw the flaws of the Soviet Communist state where the state is everything and the individual is nothing, she as I understand that we should be the individualists we were born to be and that the state must be under us and not over us.

Sounds so romantic.

They did it in New Orleans after the hurricane. The police department went door-to-door checking for guns. They even wrestled an elderly woman to the ground to take an unloaded gun from her.

Of course they will go with the flow. Why in the world would a police officer throw away his job for YOU?

It the case of constitutional rights it has EVERYTHING to do with how good a person the officer is. They take an oath to protect and defend also. The "just following orders" excuse has been tried before and IIRC it didn't work out all too well for those guys.....

EDIT - BTW:
goo·gle
/ˈgo͞ogəl/
Verb

1. Use an Internet search engine, particularly Google.com: "she spent the afternoon googling aimlessly".

2. Search for the name of (someone) on the Internet to find out information about them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top