Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I Was Shot Memorial Day Weekend On A Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'Northwest Fishing' started by JYD911, Jun 1, 2014.

1. JYD911

JYD911 Member

When ever I go out camping, I am always armed. At the time this story takes place, I had with me my Ruger 10-22 rifle. It was always by my side and i never left camp without it. Even in previous trips to the outhouse, I would carry it slung over my shoulder always loaded, always ready. That is until this day.

I do not want to type out the whole thing, if you want to find out more please just go here.

<link removed> - See Post Below - Joe Link

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

That sure looks healed up for being shot a week ago.

3. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Okay. Bad things happen.

I don't get why you think that taking your rifle with you to the outhouse would have prevented you from "coming off the mountain", etc.

I suppose there is some logic there or you wouldn't have said it - but it isn't clear.

4. Certaindeaf

Plus, I don't know where that doctor went to doctoring school but you shouldn't be dead if a .22 doesn't hit your bone or main artery in your leg.. you said he said "You should be dead". lol
    Where did this happen and where are you from?
    Seems suspicious directing us to essentially a commercial/advertised website with so few posts from nowhere.

Riot, ZA_Survivalist and jbett98 like this.
  5. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

The doctor was likely expressing his personal dislike of people who believe in the 2nd amendment. . .

Sheldon

Mongo1 likes this.
  6. Certaindeaf

Or he had secretly and diabolically paid that eleven year old hit man to do the deed and was surprised at his failure?

7. Certaindeaf

The only thing we have to really go on, and I've googled news and cut and pasted with quotation marks a couple sentences into google for plagiarism etc. is the wound (but I'm no doctorb lol).. it looks many months healed.. hence, particular details are purposely left out for some reason or he's lying.

thigh1.png

8. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I still would have had my firearm with me so I don't get that portion.. And "all out gunfight" as you put it wouldn't necessarily ensue.

More details please.. Its far too vague.

9. JYD911

JYD911 Member

Because, I was "hermit'ing" the summer, I had no transportation to go anywhere, and had not seen a vehicle for hours before the duo arrived. Had I had my riffle there may have been 3 bodies to find...eventually. In other words, I wanted to shoot back in that moment of shock, and if I had my rifle with my 20 25 round mags I would have emptied them both, I was not in my right mind in that moment.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  10. JYD911

JYD911 Member

I was told had the bullet hit my bone it would have severed my main artery and I would have bled out fast.

11. JYD911

JYD911 Member

that is a stock picture, from Google, since I did not have a photo of my wound, it was used as an example.

12. JYD911

JYD911 Member

This happened in 1994

13. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hello, and welcome to Northwest Firearms.

We're one of the rare communities that allows new members to post links, generally for using the classified section, but we do not allow links such as this to highly monetized blogs or sites, as that can be considered a commercial purpose. We'd love you to share your story, but you'll need to copy and paste it here. If you'd like help with that, or if you have any questions, please let me know.

14. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Who carries a 10-22 for protection/woods gun?
    Defending yourself against a gang of angry commie squirrels?

Joe13 and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  15. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Careful, I swear I saw a chipmunk packing a Lorcin .25 on my camping trip. Had a little red bandana covering his face, waving his gat around all "gangsta" like. The woods be a dangerous place, yo! :p

clearconscience and pdxsam like this.
  16. gryghin

gryghin Beaverton Active Member

Hmm... No further response from the OP, seems suspicious.

17. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

More suspicious than what he wrote to start this?!

Hey guys, i fought a group of ninjas hell bent of world domination. They cut off my right arm.... Little did they know i'm left handed!
    I killed them all with a buck knife I got from burt reynolds

Sgt Nambu and gryghin like this.