JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
the 92fs is out of my price range at the moment. Was considering the Taurus PT92 as an alternative. Anyone own one and want to share your experiences? It's not going to be a carry piece. More of a bedside and range toy.

They're ugly to me!:rolleyes:

IMHO:

APX = FUGY

PX4 Storm.....
E3F5A2A1-EEDD-47F5-BC15-3A71D9C7D4C1.gif 721D1649-FAD0-4447-A953-EDBE1F0A1F5D.gif

I have owned (still have it) an Italian made 92F since around '87.... or was it '88? :s0153:

the 92fs is out of my price range at the moment. Was considering the Taurus PT92 as an alternative. Anyone own one and want to share your experiences? It's not going to be a carry piece. More of a bedside and range toy.
1) Don't buy the Taurus.

2) I have a 92S that I bought for $299
Yes, it's a real Beretta, super-slick action, etc. etc.
It's more of a collector than a shooter, though.
The sights are poor and the front sight is integral with the slide, so it can't be replaced.

3) This is probably the best deal in the country right now. ($499 !)
It's a 92A1 and one of the nicest iterations of the Model 92.
I would buy this one (like I did) and be done with it.
The seller is solid.
You'll pay more for a lesser model.

Ive owned both. Im also a pretty big fan of Taurus due to the many I own..
That being said, Im in Taurus' corner.. however after purchasing my PT92 I found a great deal on a 92fs, comparing the two, the fit/finish and feel of the PT92 compared to the 92fs IS noticeable. While the PT92 worked really well and did temporarily alleviate my 92fs lust.. once I had the two side by side the 92fs is the way to go.

Truthfully man, there are a few 92A1 and 92fs deals going on right now for about $450 plus transfer.. which can probably be haggled down a bit more.. or you can hunt for a good mag/holster package deal.. Pawn shops constantly get them as well and if you hunt around you can find one for a decent price (or talk them down) but most importantly you can do a layaway.

Id save my money and get the 92fs over the PT92. Id only get a PT92 if it was around $200-$250. But $300-$400 you might as well save a bit more and get the real deal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top