JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think we can put the dog to rest, being a man has nothing to do with generational influences or age.
It has to do with environmental choices. Young men do have a choice and some see it. And some choose to not be men but be what TV tells them they should be and when I see those types I laugh pretty damn hard.

The idea that old wiser people are dictating the world on men and manlyness is hogwash. Men have been so called manly since the dawn of man. Men like to get in the thick of it and get dirty and work hard it makes us whom we are. There is something primeval about being manly type guys, it seem to verify that you are a provider and you are a safe person for your mate.
Its not a generational thing to be a manly type man. Its called normal process. It doesn't make you unmanly in my book to not have the ability to be a manly type guy. But in my opinion every man should want to be that manly guy and genetics can be a beotch but shouldnt take the manly out of the man. I will be honest I am getting older 53 to be exact and I wish at times I could be more muscular like I was in my 20's, but tell you what I still enjoy being a man and doing those manly things I enjoy. That is nothing against strong women as I am married to one too ( lucky me shell kick your arse too LOL) . But I can tell you most women want a strong confident man. Not one that finds getting a 2 for one at starbucks as a life accomplishment. I just find it hard to be around other guys that do not enjoy being a man.

Asked my daughter what a " man" is. Her reply is someone who is manly enough to do manly things, a family man and a man isn't afraid to get dirty. Wussy boys are vane men who pump up muscles to look good but can't mow a lawn. They manscaping rather than landscape.

Some of the positives I see in a 'manly' man:

* he respects, cares for and provides for his family
* he works hard, regardless of the conditions of his job
* he provides and doesn't complain about it
* he defends those that can't defend themselves
* he stands up for what he believes to be right (and he usually is right)
* he avoids a fight, but is prepared to fight if there is no other option
* he gets wet, cold, dirty, banged up, cut, scratched, calloused, sore and knows it's just part of life
* he doesn't get his feelings hurt when people disagree with him
* he learns how to fix things, even if he's not been taught
* he respects the wisdom and skill of others and looks to learn from them
* he hates criminal lowlifes and will stand between them and others
* he respects the sacrifices made by others on his behalf
* he doesn't blame other people for his shortcomings or mistakes, he takes responsibility

Just a few thoughts, I'm sure there are more that will come to mind.

Anyone care to add some more to the list?

I will add this but it's not man in his entirety.

A man is not self centered and helps those around him grow.
A man is self reliant as much as possible so he isn't a drain on his neighbors.
A man sets a standard of behavior above reproach and not subject to political correctness.
A man never quits learning.
A man takes what life gives him and does the best he can.

You're going to tell me you can justify hate and condemnation of an entire subset of the male-population, all the "wusses", because you're OLDER and WISER?

Who do you think those guys were supposed to be looking up to? Who do you think they ARE supposed to be able to look up to now, whether you're their boss or manager or coworker or teacher?

Man the bubblegum up.

Because it takes REAL men to sit there with each other's dicks in their hands to gather together on a public forum for the sole purpose of creating hate speech about yet another entire population of strangers simply because they aren't physically like you or conform to your ideas of what REAL men are like. Because making fun of other people and hating on their way of life is MANLY.

No, I do get it.

I see your posts around the rest of the forum and you're patting yourselves on the back because you like to think that you hold yourselves to a higher standard. Somehow the rampant misogyny, racism, and hatred of non-christians gets by without the bat of an eye and I just have to assume that's because you're too old and too uneducated and too disconnected to have any hope to change.

If you've truly condemned them to be too hopelessly young and educated and wussified, the best you can do is to leave it be.

Man the bubblegum up.

Check your Power Distance Index; there is a difference between verbs, adjectives, and nouns....if you are taking an adjective like wussies (or a verb like wussing-out) and allowing yourself to be nouned by it, your PDI is too high.

A thicker skin can help with that; thicker skin comes with the acceptance of the fact that no-two people in the entire universe can think exactly alike. So on that merit, you have started a sub-thread within this thread by making tangential points which happen to be hypocritical....young man criticizing old man.

Fun isn't it?

What people think of another group holds zero weight! A bunch of older men characterizing a group of young men (or visa versa) isn't anything new.

So no need for a Captain America to stand up for the injustices..

You're going to tell me you can justify hate and condemnation of an entire subset of the male-population, all the "wusses", because you're OLDER and WISER?

Who do you think those guys were supposed to be looking up to? Who do you think they ARE supposed to be able to look up to now, whether you're their boss or manager or coworker or teacher?

Man the bubblegum up.

Because it takes REAL men to sit there with each other's dicks in their hands to gather together on a public forum for the sole purpose of creating hate speech about yet another entire population of strangers simply because they aren't physically like you or conform to your ideas of what REAL men are like. Because making fun of other people and hating on their way of life is MANLY.

No, I do get it.

I see your posts around the rest of the forum and you're patting yourselves on the back because you like to think that you hold yourselves to a higher standard. Somehow the rampant misogyny, racism, and hatred of non-christians gets by without the bat of an eye and I just have to assume that's because you're too old and too uneducated and too disconnected to have any hope to change.

If you've truly condemned them to be too hopelessly young and educated and wussified, the best you can do is to leave it be.

Man the bubblegum up.

You DO realize that your screen name is just one swap of an L for a D that would result in a "dog-pile" the likes of which are only seen in the men's locker room after football practice.... right?

o_O

For the record, none of us are racists... we hate everyone EQUALLY.
:s0108:

Link Hat TipView

These bodybuilders like to be as big and manly as they can. To ensure they get they most bang for their muscle buck, they hang out in aminiature village and sip from tiny espresso cups to make themselves look even more gargantuan. Turn subtitles on.

bodybuilding_norway_t-300x250.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR