JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a formed the habit when going into a restaurant, bar or other place of business of thinking how I would react if a shooter came in and started firing.

I visualize how it would play out and try to plan how I would react to the event. I position my back to a wall and attempt to keep an eye on the door and bar area. I have never been paranoid but I try to give myself every advantage that I can. After 50 it become harder to run and dive over the bar to protect ones self so I try to stay focused on a response that I stand a chance of pulling off.

No one really has a clue how they would react if panic and fear kicks in but I do think that the more you play out scenarios in your head the greater your chance for survival.

Do you do the same??

Yes, first I spot the largest waitress in the place to use as a human shield, and work out elaborate schemes where I attach two whipped cream cans to a banana pie launching this at the perp while I roll a bowling ball over a cats tail who 'yeowwwlllls' into a megaphone breaking the thin paper diaphram that releases the acme ten ton weight that just happens to be suspended over the perp! Then I use any remaining time planning my heroic speech to the media where I'm very humble, thank all the little people.

Wow. Bugeye either has way too much time on his hands or he's warming up for his 4/20 performance next month:D

In serious response to the thread... Yes I do. I don't necessarily play different scenarios out but I do try to take in my surroundings noting where exit/entrances are and try to keep them in view. I think it's a wise thing to do. Situational awareness and preparedness it should be called. I would consider this quasi mental training perhaps.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top