JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last night I had the opportunity to see the first part of the show at the Hawthorne Theater. There was a band playing called Factor 5. One of the formative members is Rod Hardison, a friend of a friend whom I met at a party recently. Well, he got me a free ticket to see them play, and it was a blast! They were REALLY good!

20130830_203551_zpsa4f6a883.jpg

Rod is the guitar player on the far left. I think the thing that surprised me the most was how much I enjoyed myself. I can't wait to hear these guys burn a new CD. I also think I should get out more often and hear some more live music!

Given the fact that I already suffer from a touch of tinnitus, I took precaution and wore earplugs, and am damn glad I did! I walked out of the show with my hearing well intact thank you!

Old fart.
Just don't wear true religion jeans dad. ;)

Old fart?! LMAO... Yes, I supose that's true. Although I have 20/15 eyesight I have an ever growing need for "cheater glasses" for work closer than 6" from my eyes these days, BUT I'm in better overall physical condition than half the high schoolers I see "struttin' about" these days... can't hardly stand the "wuss" music that's "popular"... Wahhhh, nobody loves me.... Wahhh, I ain't got ten ho's, etc.

BTW- I don't even know what kind of jeans those are... but from the gist, I pretty much despise "logo clothes" of any sort. ;)

Old fart?! LMAO... Yes, I supose that's true. Although I have 20/15 eyesight I have an ever growing need for "cheater glasses" for work closer than 6" from my eyes these days, BUT I'm in better overall physical condition than half the high schoolers I see "struttin' about" these days... can't hardly stand the "wuss" music that's "popular"... Wahhhh, nobody loves me.... Wahhh, I ain't got ten ho's, etc.

BTW- I don't even know what kind of jeans those are... but from the gist, I pretty much despise "logo clothes" of any sort. ;)

Girly men wear those jeans.lol they often use Facebook.

I don't consider Slipknot to be a hard rock band. Their genre is just a bunch of screaming and guitar grinding. Factor 5 actually played music.

I'm more into Exodus and Machine head type bands but, did go see Orange Goblin with Clutch when they came a few months ago. Bad azz! The Sword show was damn good too.

One the best concerts I remember was ZZ Top as the head liner and Foghat as the opening band.
My buddy Dave and I had seats in the balcony right next to the light effects control boards.
After Foghat left the stage, ZZ Tops light effects guys showed up with two dripping wet and cold cases of Coors tall neck beers.
The lead guy asked me to lift my feet so he could plunk down the cases in front of my seat.
As the show was just about to start up, he leaned over and handed me a bottle opener and told me to be ready to pop open a couple of beers for him and his assistant when ever there was a break between songs.
Part of the deal was that my buddy and I could help ourselves, but not to drop any of the glass bottles over the balcony rail.
Coors was illegal in Oregon back then because it wasn't pasteurized, so it was a real treat.
There was no air conditioning and the temp had to be close to 90-95* inside the Paramount that hot summer evening.
By the end of the concert, all of the beers were gone.

^^^Sounds like a terrific show! My best show at the Paramount was Albert King, B.B.King, Freddy King and Pop Staples! After individual performances they all came out and jammed together for about two hours!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top