JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found this picture on my computer, that I apparently took last year.
I think my dad put this in back in the 70's or the 80's.
Still works. If you call me and I'm in the basement, I'll probably be talking to you on this one.
Anyway, it got me thinking....anyone out there who still has a landline, still use one these?

2022_0918_153212BasementPhone_Mom&DadsHouse.jpg

Old studio apartment still has a phone line jack in one wall. Current 2 bedroom apartment, I didn't see one on walls anywhere outside the bedroom, although the maintenance guy has been replacing and updating the apartments and equipment for new tenants in the past so it's likely was just plated or removed. Parents house still has phone jacks in several places. Interesting notion for future horror movies, a landline/phone that's still functional with that old school ring....

Ended landline about 4 years ago.. but still have my "old style ring" as my ringtone. :s0155:

(except, I set all my relatives ring tone to "bark")
When my one boss calls me his ringtone is Stewie from Family Guy saying "Where are all the monuments to me, where are my legions of followers, I thought I would be absolute ruler of the world by now". It gets a few laughs from those around me when he calls me at work.

Old studio apartment still has a phone line jack in one wall. Current 2 bedroom apartment, I didn't see one on walls anywhere outside the bedroom, although the maintenance guy has been replacing and updating the apartments and equipment for new tenants in the past so it's likely was just plated or removed. Parents house still has phone jacks in several places. Interesting notion for future horror movies, a landline/phone that's still functional with that old school ring....
That's a bit short sighted, if you ask me.
Where are you supposed to plug in the router for your laptop ?
I don't do much on my phone. It's mostly on my laptop. Access is easier and I can see the page better.
Phone jacks still have a use.

When my one boss calls me his ringtone is Stewie from Family Guy saying "Where are all the monuments to me, where are my legions of followers, I thought I would be absolute ruler of the world by now". It gets a few laughs from those around me when he calls me at work.
Dude! Monuments will be built in YOUR honour!
Way to work the ring tones! :s0155:

I don't do much on my phone. It's mostly on my laptop. Access is easier and I can see the page better.
Cat5/DSL/Fiberoptic uses different jacks. We are on a T-MOBILE wifi Hotspot thingy with wireless Home Internet. Pros, it's 100% Portable, pretty damn quick, and has no additional hardware beyond the brick wifi router. Cons, it's tied to phone plans, and may go out depending on cell networks :rolleyes: but... it works for our needs.

I have one in a cabinet somewhere, haven't used it in ages.
Yeah, I have one in a box, packed away somewhere.
Back in my pre-cell days, that was my "power outage phone", since my main phone back then had a built-in answering machine and wouldn't work if the power went out.
The old Trimline didn't care. Rotary dial and everything.

Cat5/DSL/Fiberoptic uses different jacks. We are on a T-MOBILE wifi Hotspot thingy with wireless Home Internet. Pros, it's 100% Portable, pretty damn quick, and has no additional hardware beyond the brick wifi router. Cons, it's tied to phone plans, and may go out depending on cell networks :rolleyes: but... it works for our needs.
Comcast/Xfinity RULES out here. It almost borders on "lawbreaking", in this area.
I think I'm doing the something similar to you, but maybe in a bit more "old skool" way?
My download speed is about 90 megs. Google says it's very fast. I dunno, works for me. :s0092:

20230707_183648.jpg

Last Edited:
Comcast/Xfinity RULES out here. It almost borders on "lawbreaking", in this area.
I think I'm doing the something similar to you, but maybe in a bit more "old skool" way?

View attachment 1449532
Comcast/xfinity internet not offered out here. It's either a wifi Hotspot system, Spectrum/Charter, MINET (Monmouth Independent Network), or satellite internet (Alyrica, Cricket, Dish, etc)

Comcast/xfinity internet not offered out here. It's either a wifi Hotspot system, Spectrum/Charter, MINET (Monmouth Independent Network), or satellite internet (Alyrica, Cricket, Dish, etc)
Mom was talked into putting up a dish about 25-30 years ago, but the dish providers around here have lost a number of channels over the past 10 years or so.
Xfinity sent a very nice looking young man out here, as part of a team to talk people into bundles.
So now, the house has phone/internet and TV on Xfinity.
This happened a little before I moved back here in 2009.
..at least I finally got to replace the vcr with a DVR...now I can record all the Mythbusters and Roadkill I want. 😈 :D

Last Edited:
I would "guess" they have cable there. For those who do everything can come in with just the cable jack. Your phone, internet, TV, any of these you want all just come in from that. Where I live the Office of course has multiple phone lines but all of it is wired to concast. All comes in on the cable.

Found this picture on my computer, that I apparently took last year.
I think my dad put this in back in the 70's or the 80's.
Still works. If you call me and I'm in the basement, I'll probably be talking to you on this one.
Anyway, it got me thinking....anyone out there who still has a landline, still use one these?

View attachment 1449045
I haven't had a landline since around 1999 I think it was.

Never heard it called a "Trimline". We still have POT's lines installed for fax machines in my line of work. Hate it.
The OP was talking about that phone in the pic. In the day when they first hit they were the thing to have to show off. :D
Smaller, sleeker and more "trim" than the old desk and wall phone. They were calling them "Princes" for a while too. Imagine the came up with Trim Line so more guys would buy one

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top