Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I should have bought a Dillion 650

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by korntera, Dec 21, 2009.

1. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

Just got part two of my Precision Delta order, still have more 9MM and more 45 ACP on the way.
    reload.jpg

So far about 20k Small and large pistol primers, 7 lbs of powder and 16K bullets with another 7K on the way!

Maybe I should have bought a 650 or something faster than a 550 LOL.
    I should have opened the cabinets underneath, those are both filled with cleaned brass. I might not be spending much time on the forums, just time in the garage, I bought a portable space heater and speakers for my ipod so I can be comfortable while reloading.

2. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

If you need some space, I'd be happy to take all of that off your hands for you. :)

Is that 1/2" or 3/4" plywood that your 550 is mounted too? Does it flex much?

Oh..and your calendar is a couple months off... ;)

3. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

It is 3/4 and it was a stupid mistake. I had my cabinets on the other side of my garage attached to some metal shelfs and after building the top and mounting the dillion I realized my car doesn't fit, so I moved the cabinets and have yet to reinforce the plywood but it works for now. Have done at least 2K rounds that way.
    Yes the calendar is off, but the rest of the year is just so so looking. I actually just picked up a new calendar for the garage after posting this!

4. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

You are going to need more powder.

5. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

the money you saved by not buying the big machine buys a lot of components,and the 550 will get u buy just fine.... mine does.
    now get in there and get cranking !!! :)

6. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

I know! I have about 5 more pounds that is not pictured but thats where I am lacking, I can only find 1lb containers, none of the 5 and 8lb ones are available.

7. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

So that's where all the primers went.

B-)

elsie