JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I must be doing an OK job with my 12 year old daughter concerning gun safety:

The other day we were watching the BBC version of Sherlock (halfway decent by the way), and the main character, who is supposed to be the BRILLIANT Sherlock Holmes, starts scratching his head with his handgun AND with his finger on the trigger.

My daughter screams "Are you kidding me!?!? Don't they know anything???" then after a brief pause, and in an extremely sarcastic tone, "Oh yeah, they're in England, who the hell is gonna teach em."

I fell off the couch laughing. :s0114::s0114::s0114:

When my son was about 5-6 I was setup at the then HUGE Rose City Gun show easy 1000 tables. Next to us was a guy dealing mostly handguns he had a couple tables and was on the other end talking to someone.

So the two of us are sitting there watching my table of handmade knives. When this big guy and his buddy walk up to the table next to ours. The big guy picks up a 1911 pull the hammer back and dry fires it pointing up above the heads of people in the next isle.

Well quick as can be my son jumps on his chair (sometime you gotta try to even the playing field) and yells at this guy "YOU NEVER PULL A TRIGGER WITHOUT CHECKING THE CHAMBER FIRST YOUR NOT SAFE"

The big guy says something like "hey shut up it's none of your business" I stand up and move a hair closer to back up my son.

My son then repeats his comment. At which point the big guy looks at me and says "Tell your kid to be quiet" as the words left his mouth a hand reached up and twisted the 1911 out of the guys hand. It was the table holder who at the first comment from my son had started moving towards the end of his table we were at.

The table holder says "Move along I would rather sell this pistol to the kid at least he knows how to handle one then I would to you"

The big guy looks at me like he was going to make some comment but mumbled something under his breath to his buddy and they walked off skipping about the next 4-5 tables.

The table holder guy asked me if I would mind if he bought my son a Ice cream. I said nope and off they went to the snack bar. I watched the guys table while they were gone. Phil came back with a big Ice cream cone and a new friend.

All you have to do with kids is take the time to teach them they are like sponges they will soak up just about anything. And the sooner you get that sponge all wet with what you want you child to know the harder it will be for some liberal school to turn them against you.

My son was never in any trouble never did any drugs respects women and joined the US NAVY at 18 he's about to leave active service and head to college after 10 years, 3 Sea Schools, being stationed in Japan, Oceana, Pensacola, and San Clemete Is Naval Air Station. He's an Electronics tech skilled in Radar Service, the LINK system, and Aviation Navigation systems. He plans to attend OIT in K Falls and work towards an Electronics Engineering Degree. He will be in the reserves while in school. when he gets his degree he will decide to stay in the Navy take a commission or go to the private sector and work.

And I know its all because of the time he spent listening to his mom and dad when he was little.

Agree - firearms safety is paramount to age, gender, rank or most anything else. I always speak up when unsafe firearm handling occurs and taught my step sons to do the same thing. Be aware when firearms are present, look for open actions and trigger finger placement. Is the clip in or out? Check chamber status, etc...

Kids must know that it's OK, check that - MANDATORY, to speak up when they see something unsafe.

RKBA

Agree - firearms safety is paramount to age, gender, rank or most anything else. I always speak up when unsafe firearm handling occurs and taught my step sons to do the same thing. Be aware when firearms are present, look for open actions and trigger finger placement. Is the clip in or out? Check chamber status, etc...

Kids must know that it's OK, check that - MANDATORY, to speak up when they see something unsafe.

RKBA

mag

I think I must be doing an OK job with my 12 year old daughter concerning gun safety:

The other day we were watching the BBC version of Sherlock (halfway decent by the way), and the main character, who is supposed to be the BRILLIANT Sherlock Holmes, starts scratching his head with his handgun AND with his finger on the trigger.

My daughter screams "Are you kidding me!?!? Don't they know anything???" then after a brief pause, and in an extremely sarcastic tone, "Oh yeah, they're in England, who the hell is gonna teach em."

I fell off the couch laughing. :s0114::s0114::s0114:

That is a smart kid! Great job! Why do I have a feeling that she will be a centered, responsible woman!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top