Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I love hunting...

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Grizzly_A, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

I'm sitting in my easy chair writing a response to my deer thread, my wife yells "There's a Coyote!"

So I grab my gun. It's on private property....darn. Maybe I can call it over...so I use my mouth to make some squeaking noises. The coyote turns around and starts running straight at me, but on the wrong side of the fence. He pauses, sits, stares in my direction, trying to figure out what to do. Eventually starts walking away from me. Darn....well that was fun.

I start using my hand and mouth to make some more squeakers, and out from my left another coyote is on a fast trot toward my position....wrong side of the other fence. He doesn't stop until he gets to the intersection of the fences and then slips under the fence and starts trotting toward my position. Now we're in business!

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning! No deer, but got a small dog instead.

IMG_3210.jpg

2. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

very nice! what caliber?

3. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

.204 Remington 40 gr Accutips. No exit hole if you keep the pelts, and I love keeping the target in the scope picture during recoil. I can't express the smile I have when I'm shooting it...it's a very fun caliber.

4. johnboy

johnboy Hillsboro Member

Keep calling....theres more where they came from......Saw many East hunting this year. Cougar sign also....

5. usmc

usmc oregon Active Member

nice! yeah the coyote and cougar populations are up for sure.i say they let us use some dogs for a season we'll tune them up. lol

6. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Cougars got a couple of goats just off Whittier street down the road from LaPine State Park a few weeks ago. The response from F & G was "To be careful when walking around and DO NOT let children go out on their own"