JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been there, have you?

tac

I have not done a press check in the middle of a gun fight. But I think the more important question to ask is: what would be the best option for our readers (the folks of NWFA) from a training perspective. To recommend that they get their gun back online ASAP or teach them to press check in the middle of a gun fight?

I've been there, have you?

tac

I have not done a press check in the middle of a gunfight. But the more important question to ask is: what should we recommend to our readers (the folks here at NWFA) to do in a gunfight? Get their weapons back on line ASAP or teach to do a press check in the middle of a gun fight?

You did a press-check from an emergency reload in the middle of a gunfight?

Well, it was pretty slow gunfight, out in the middle of nowhere, lying down in an acre of cow-s**t, being shot at by a couple of guys armed with the ever-popular Ted Kennedy-funded AR15s that were coming over in the mail.

But since there were lots of bullets flying all over the place, I think I'm justified in calling it a gunfight. A couple of folks got killed and at least three were injured.

tac

Well, it was pretty slow gunfight, out in the middle of nowhere, lying down in an acre of cow-s**t, being shot at by a couple of guys armed with the ever-popular Ted Kennedy-funded AR15s that were coming over in the mail.

But since there were lots of bullets flying all over the place, I think I'm justified in calling it a gunfight. A couple of folks got killed and at least three were injured.

tac

Sounds more like it was after a tactical reload...

The subject here is the slide automatically closing from only a mag insertion after slide-lock. This is not a design feature on any gun and should not be accepted or relied on for getting the gun back in action.

I tested these:

Glock 34 Gen 4 9mm = Yes
Glock 43 9mm = Yes, but needs to be hit hard enough to hurt
CZ Shadow-2 9mm = Yes
CZ P09 9mm = Yes
Kimber UCII .45 = Yes
Walther P22 = Yes
Sig P229 Elite 9mm = No
Ruger 22/45 Lite = No

I have never had this happen to me and I do not baby my pistols. I will say that the slide lock button is made to release the slide and chamber a round. I understand the idea of releasing the slide lock by racking the slide, but have a 1911 AMT Hardballer that will stovepipe hollowpoints if I rack the slide. If I hit the slide release button, they chamber every time. I have long fingers and it is just easier and faster for me to hit the button rather than rack the slide. I do this will all of my autos and have not seen any undue wear.

I would not say this "happens"...it's more like I have to make it happen by slapping the mag in with force. A normal insertion of the mag yields normal results in my case.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top