JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i just bought a winchester model 150 in 22lr i took it to the range and sot it at 50 yrds and it was all over the place.i brought it home and cleaned it and it was filthy.but i dont beleave that to be the problem.i removed the scope and plan to shhot it open sights with several diffrent ammos.if anyone out there has owned one of these before i was wondering how accurate they can be any feed back would be great

Never owned one of those but get back to the range with open irons, on the bench with proper support and rests and start from scratch and see what it is doing. Stick to the basics, Fire 3 to 5 shot groups before you spot your shots to see what kind of consistency you are getting. Too many people fire one shot and make changes to sights or scope based on where that ONE shot hit and wind up chasing holes all over the target.

New gun as brand new or new to you?

dirty/fouled barrel can cause that, especially in .22 rifle. And check the barrel crown for any damage.

Always move the rear sight in the direction you want to make the bullet go. Right, left, up or down. It's shooting too low? Raise the rear sight.

Yeah.
What RV said.
What RV said a bit later.
What Orygun said.

Then look at that scope and mounts with a critical eye (if you intend to put optics back on it). Don't go dinkin' with the crown if it shoots a group.
Once you have it shooting well, and to point of aim, if you want the very best accuracy, you'll need to try various ammo to see what it likes. Mini-Mags are a good start (and that's what RV said).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top