JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ain't that the truth brother, them women folk are different animal that's for sure.
That being said 2018 will bring in 35 years for the caveman and his woman, and it's no wondering why I have no hair left on my head.:p

Moose, just mount a 4' florescent shop light in HER laundry room & be done with it, if she can't see to get things done in there after that then brother, she's blind....:eek::eek::eek::D

Well.... some things are more fun in the dark when practicing "Braille". :D

What more could a man want ?

My father-in-law told me when I first met him, that as a child he wanted
1. Land to Hunt
2. Ponds to fish
3. Candy store.

He developed relationships to get the hunting lands (permission that is just him) Dug ponds on his farm, and started a business which among other things, sells candy.

dream big. Build relationships, and do the work.

I'm on my 3rd wife.... I waded deep into the "sea of crazy", and FINALLY got a keeper. It's now been 15yrs and we're happier than when we first started! :s0155:
Never been married had a long relationship with my daughters mom after my daughter passed we realized that we were only together because of are daughter then another relationship for about two years when she wanted to move in and change me I did everything I could to push her away had a few short ones even a few one night stands .now kinda starting another one but really taking it SLOOOOW

Never been married had a long relationship with my daughters mom after my daughter passed we realized that we were only together because of are daughter then another relationship for about two years when she wanted to move in and change me I did everything I could to push her away had a few short ones even a few one night stands .now kinda starting another one but really taking it SLOOOOW

You are either a "glutton for punishment" or a special kind of, well... Never mind.

My best friend from college told my son on his 21st birthday... "Remember, ALL women are crazy... you just need to find one at her craziest that you can deal with. That's how you find one so that you don't grow old alone."

If you grow old alone, at least you will be rational when the end comes. Most women are enough to drive you "bat-stuff crazy" before then. I don't need a woman to tell me what's either right or wrong. (Learning that one as a boy was enough). I like my current arrangement.

Guess you don't mind off colored underwear. If my wife is willing to do the laundry I am more than willing to support her doing it. IMHO
I whined about it the whole time, but I just bought a new washer/dryer (one machine, stacked) because the old one had a f-ed up timer and none was available. What? No timer for a 22 year old machine?!?!? :D Anyway, I bought it and she uses it. The most I have to do is put my folded laundry away. I think It's a fair trade. If she needed light to see what she was doing, consider it done.

22 years in February.

My wife isn't quite perfect but crazy only happens a couple times of year and it doesn't last long.

She supports my hobbies and tolerates my bad habits so I guess I lucked out. Can't imagine not living with someone I wouldn't want to spend all of my time with.

We do things apart but generally I'd be just as happy if she went with me.

I, too, married when I was young and foolish. Foolish might not be quite the right word. Wild and crazy was more like it. That lasted a while and she's still my friend, but it never would have worked.
Then after 7 years or so, I started dating the woman I'm married to now. My wife and I have a similar relationship to Joe13, except she does like to hunt and camp, and will often come to the races with me. She never bubblegumes about the money I spend on my car, guns or tools, but I keep her in a nice set of wheels and she's free to do the things she likes with her money. Because I let her have that kind of freedom, I get the same in return.
19 years this coming May and I see no reason it will end before one of us passes away. I am fortunate.

35 years with the same low maintenance gal. Traveled to and lived in Europe and the SE United States while in the military...

3 fantastic daughters
7 wonderful grands
A retirement since age 40
A modest home
Some land with 3k+ fir trees
Some (unspecified) "belongings"
A truck and her car
A tractor
Tools......
Some good friends
Feeling blessed

What more could a man want (rhetorical) ?
That's pretty much me, but I had to get through 28 years of hell first. The last straw for wife #1 was finding about $40K in secret credit card debt....for the second time. The first time she swore it would never happen again, and we had young kids. The second time the youngest was 18 and I bailed.

Wife #2 wasn't really married prior to meeting me except on paper, she just had this adult "son" with privileges. She did all the house work, raised the kids, and was employed full time, while he delivered pizza part time in the evenings and hung with his buds most of the day. The rest of the time he was chasing teenage girls. She got sick of that pretty quick. So when we met she was 26 and I was 53. She decided she could appreciate a mature partner who was faithful and responsible. After we married I changed jobs and changed states...in short, changed just about everything in my life. I had this left over balance of $7500 in my old employer's retirement system (401k) that was left over after wife #1 looted the other $150K in return for her never bothering me again...about anything. I told my bulldog lawyer, "Make it like we never met." That $7500 went into Apple stock in 2003 at what works out to about $1 per share now, but it got me 500 shares then. Apple is at $170 per share now after splitting 14 times (7000 shares). Living well is the best revenge.

Anyway, it's been 18 years now. We raised her kids, and then we had 2 more. So here I am with a 7 year old and a 3 year old. Love them and wife #2 beyond measure. I wouldn't do anything differently now if I could do it all over again.

At this point, if I was ever single again I'd just go pre-paid instead of having a monthly plan, if you get my drift. I'm too old for a wife #3.

I whined about it the whole time, but I just bought a new washer/dryer (one machine, stacked) because the old one had a f-ed up timer and none was available. What? No timer for a 22 year old machine?!?!? :D Anyway, I bought it and she uses it. The most I have to do is put my folded laundry away. I think It's a fair trade. If she needed light to see what she was doing, consider it done.

If you're ever in that place again check with "Spencer's Appliance". "May Company" too maybe.

If you're ever in that place again check with "Spencer's Appliance". "May Company" too maybe.

I had other suggestions like this, too. I searched E-Bay for quite a while after I'd called a bunch of local places.
I gave the washer/dryer unit to a co-worker that has an identical unit with a burned out element. He's a poor SOB and I felt giving him something he could use was a win, too.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews