JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
210 years of tradition. I am sure majority of population will be in favor of overruling it because you said so :)

Why cares what sheeple think.. at most 10% of the colonists cared enough to rise up and either fight British tyranny or to at least assist it. Most people are either bumpkins, cowards or selfish..

I got pulled over last night, cop said i had a license plate light out. He ran my DL and sent me on my way. When I got home I checked the plate lights and they were both working..I don't get it.

A large portion of law enforcement, after a certain amount of time, believe they have special extra sensory powers, that are above and beyond mere mortals like yourself. so right before you got pulled over, the cop had already decided thru his e.s.p. that you were a bad dude, up to no good, or had something in your car , or perhaps were drinking. since the cop had nothing better to do at the time, and out of shear boredom, he started following you. after a time period, realized you were not going to make any driving mistakes that would give him due cause to pull you over, so he had to make something up," light not working" because, well, he had to confirm his hunch that you were doing something illegal. and his e.s.p for the most part never lets him down. after pulling you over, he found out his hunch was wrong, but he will not change his system, because for the greater good of society, sometimes he has to stomp on your personal freedoms.. because for the most part, he is usually right about his hunches. Its called profiling. cops are not supposed to profile, but if they did'nt, they would not be able to do there jobs. the best way to avoid contact with L.E.O. when out driving, is: dont drive an old beat up vehicle, keep your vehicle clean, and maintained. keep all those farkles off the dash, dont go out at night, never speed, dont make abrupt lane changes, make your lane changes slow and easy. stay in the slow lane. ( 30 years ago,I used to get pulled over on a weekly, sometimes nightly basis, I used to work swing shift and drove a beat up old 1964 windowless dodge van, HEY it got it cheap .O.K.?, but learned a valuable lesson, I cannot change the way police think, i can only adapt to there thought process.)

A large portion of law enforcement, after a certain amount of time, believe they have special extra sensory powers, that are above and beyond mere mortals like yourself. so right before you got pulled over, the cop had already decided thru his e.s.p. that you were a bad dude, up to no good, or had something in your car , or perhaps were drinking. since the cop had nothing better to do at the time, and out of shear boredom, he started following you..

Wow cops really are better then everyone else, and I thought they were just pompass egotistical jerks when they made up stuff.
They actually can see the future. :s0077::s0077:

I got pulled over last night, cop said i had a license plate light out. He ran my DL and sent me on my way. When I got home I checked the plate lights and they were both working..I don't get it.

This one brings back memories...Many years ago (early 60's) I was stopped for a license plate light. (It really was out). Fixed it as the deputy wrote the equipment ticket. Deputy says, take it to the Sheriff's office Monday and they will check off it has been repaired, no fine.

I told the deputy that I was going out of state for a couple months and I did not have time to wait for Monday and get to my destination on time (It was a Friday about 22:.00 hours.)

Well 3 months later when I got back into that county...I was stopped again. There was a warrent out for me for that tail light ticket...ended up costing me $500 (in 1963/64)...Oh well. Expensive lesson.

One other time I was pulled over like you...except the officer was honest enough to actually say he was checking for DUI (I was not) after I told him, that all my lights were just fine according to my car's computer. It was 02:00 in the morning and I was tired..soo...

Wow cops really are better then everyone else, and I thought they were just pompass egotistical jerks when they made up stuff.
They actually can see the future. :s0077::s0077:

Wasn't this you writing two pages ago...
"The county officers here are top notch and unless you are a serious law breaker they pay you no mind. Ive been pulled over doing 45 in a 25 was a long road did not realize it. Sheriff pulled me over and said did you know how fast you were going I said 45 he smiles and said do you think it is 45 ? I said probably has to do with the reason we are talking. He laughed peaked at my license and said slow down. The Roseburg motocycle cops are a different story they think the bustling town they have of 20,000 is a big city and they act like city cops. But I will give kudos to the local county here never a problem."

I've run into really good cops and really bad cops. The problem is the bad cops are usually allowed to run amok. How hard is that to understand

Not hard at all. I agree.

There we are. The truth is usually quite simple

I'll be forever grateful to a Cali HWY Patrol officer who saved my ladys life one night when she was a gorgeous blonde 19 year old co-ed, broken down on the Vietnam Veteran's bridge on I5 (Going home Friday night, the bridge is over the Sacramento river) and was being attacked by a pair of crazies who were about to break thru her window.. they must have seen him afar off thru the fog and fled. The bridge is a very high arch. It is my opinion from her description and the time frame that they were the Hillside Stranglers. All she had was a very sharp kitchen knife I kept under her seat. She showed it to them and that may have slowed down the attack a bit. I never met the cop, he gave her a ride home

I've run into really good cops and really bad cops. The problem is the bad cops are usually allowed to run amok. How hard is that to understand

Its like leaving a bowl of candy in a elementary school class room and telling the kids to not touch it.

5 Minutes later no one touches it.

10 minutes later kids start whispering

15 minutes later they start wondering where the teacher is .

20 minutes some goes to the bowl and looks at the goodies.

30 minutes they start moving the candy around.

40 someone took a piece

Withing the next 20 minutes more then half the candy would be gone and only taken by some of the kids not all.

Bad cops are just like, this. They think about it, look into it then throw their dignity and honor to the wind.

A large portion of law enforcement, after a certain amount of time, believe they have special extra sensory powers, that are above and beyond mere mortals like yourself. so right before you got pulled over, the cop had already decided thru his e.s.p. that you were a bad dude, up to no good, or had something in your car , or perhaps were drinking.

Hey, maybe my ex-wife should become a cop. She was always accusing me of an assortment of infractions with no evidence whatsoever. She also believes she is psychic.

The county officers here are top notch and unless you are a serious law breaker they pay you no mind. Ive been pulled over doing 45 in a 25 was a long road did not realize it. Sheriff pulled me over and said did you know how fast you were going I said 45 he smiles and said do you think it is 45 ? I said probably has to do with the reason we are talking. He laughed peaked at my license and said slow down. The Roseburg motocycle cops are a different story they think the bustling town they have of 20,000 is a big city and they act like city cops. But I will give kudos to the local county here never a problem.

I'll be the first to say it, country boys are generally good guys in my experience. It's the city ones that I have a hard time with.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top