JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Constitution is the law of the land. Done. It does not matter what some Government strong arm says about officer safety being more important then your rights.

Some people can accept tyranny. I cannot. Some people are ok with being slaves. I am not one of those people. Some people have been brainwashed into believing that being a sheep is not only ok but it is the rightful and just thing to be. Im more of a free thinker ;)

A free man believes "It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

I am a free man and I always will be.

The Constitution is the law of the land. Done. It does not matter what some Government strong arm says about officer safety being more important then your rights.

210 years of tradition. I am sure majority of population will be in favor of overruling it because you said so :)

210 years of tradition. I am sure majority of population will be in favor of overruling it because you said so :)

In other news, a vast majority of the population supports R or D. What's your point?

You profess to a RP supporter and yet you seem to just accept government hegemony with no problems. Hypocrisy much?

you all must be from the city. We have leo's in all the time and have never had a problem with them. We see them on the road and at the Department also with no problems. Maybe all of you should move to the sticks.

The county officers here are top notch and unless you are a serious law breaker they pay you no mind. Ive been pulled over doing 45 in a 25 was a long road did not realize it. Sheriff pulled me over and said did you know how fast you were going I said 45 he smiles and said do you think it is 45 ? I said probably has to do with the reason we are talking. He laughed peaked at my license and said slow down. The Roseburg motocycle cops are a different story they think the bustling town they have of 20,000 is a big city and they act like city cops. But I will give kudos to the local county here never a problem.

Yeah fd15k sometimes its a little difficult to understand why you are a RP supporter.You do tend to be one of the more eloquent and intelligent contributors here despite your consistently statist ideology.

Because RP is consistent and favors most of the personal freedoms. I have plenty of disagreements with him, but few other politicians come close.

You say that there is 210 years of tradition in accepting Supreme Court's interpretation of the Constitution, and I wouldn't dispute this.

Yeah, and another fact is majority of the states joined the union after SCOTUS obtained such powers.

But you obviously understand that supreme court justices are political appointees and as such have tailored their interpretations of the constitution to the liking's of the politicians that appoint them?

Yes, it's a blanket pulling contest. But I'm not against the principle itself - Constitution requires interpretation and weighing against the reality.

But don't the people and the states (though nullification/succession) have the responsibility to challenge the federal government when it clearly exceeds the power granted to it by the Constitution?

That's certainly a matter of beliefs. If they believe they have the responsibility, then they do :) What's more important, they have the power to do so - and that's indisputable.

For instance, I don't think anyone would argue that the enumerated powers clause restricts the federal government's power any more.

In our system government can make any law or action, and has to be challenged afterwards. That applies to all level of governments.

The 10th amendment clearly states that: ...the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

At that time slavery was legal too, and many States would say that Feds were overstepping their authority trying to change that. 2A didn't apply to the states. Those were fun times :)

Doesn't that imply that the federal government's power is indeed limited? If some powers are not delegated to the federal government, that would mean to me that federal power is not unlimited at all, conflicting with our current judicial interpretation of the Constitution. This seems to me to be a pretty clear violation of the Constitution, which brings up the question of the legitimacy of our government.

And who decides on the legitimacy of the government ? People have the final say, and people don't have to be factual - if they say government is illegitimate, then so it is. But within our framework, actions of the government are evaluated by SCOTUS, when complaint arises. I don't see many states (state governments) suing feds lately. Thus I assume it's the absolute minority who is thinking of secessions and rebellions.

With reference to the video in post #310, the officer demonstrating the proper way to shoot himself in the leg lost his job and his career, which he blamed on the *video*. How does that reconcile with personal responsibility? I think this type of attitude is a natural outgrowth of being drunk with power.

sq

My own two cents is we as a people tend to believe that the law is created to be fair and just. The Constitution was the only law
ever designed to be fair and just. All laws since either favor one side or another. If it is a law for traffic then one party will benefit and one party will will find it unfair. Take any law written and it is not fair or just.

People say our that taxes are illegal and rightfully so, however everyone pays because there are benefits to others as whole for doing so.
Social Security, Medicare, Roads bridges are all support by many who say laws are unfair.
All laws are unfair, and nickel and dimeing the process will get us know where.

Why do states sue ? Because of unfair laws, why do states lose because of unfair laws.
Obamacare, Abortion, Gay rights all are designed to take one thing from others and give it to other in return.
I am not arguing morality, I am arguing that all laws and governments are designed to be unfair.

I argue that the Constitution was a brilliant master piece and it served all at the cost of none as it was fair to all.
Laws should have been written by design of the constitution, the complication of doing so fell on congress and the senate who
all took the easy way out and designed laws that were easy and would pass by them depending on the path of less resistance.

The Constitution was written with the most resistance ever, it was written based on our independence as a people who wanted a
fair and just government.

Well my brothers and sisters 210 years later where are we?
1. we are taxed
2. we are censored
3. we are not represented
4. we are suppressed to question our government
5. We are ran by Washington, not our states.
6. We have lost in 210 years more rights then any new law has given back.

With reference to the video in post #310, the officer demonstrating the proper way to shoot himself in the leg lost his job and his career, which he blamed on the *video*. How does that reconcile with personal responsibility? I think this type of attitude is a natural outgrowth of being drunk with power.

sq
That guy was an idiot. He would have been an idiot as a cop or as a trash collector- dropping the can on his head.

That guy was an idiot. He would have been an idiot as a cop or as a trash collector- dropping the can on his head.

You have no argument from me. But your statement begs the question, "How did he become a DEA agent in the first place?" Birds of a feather flock together?

sq

You have no argument from me. But your statement begs the question, "How did he become a DEA agent in the first place?" Birds of a feather flock together?

sq

To answer your question... NO. The truth of how "tools" like that get into the "cool guy club"... "Affirmative Action", "Equal Opportunity".

Saw it too many times in my eight years in the Army. Someone placed in a position based on skin color or gender, and being in WAY over their head. I saw a LOT of good people passed over for promotion and/or advancement because of meeting EO quotas. Its unfair to EVERYONE including the poor schmoe who is in over their head.

Politics... plain and simple.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top