JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Adam12, Do what I do? Are you talking about what I do to pay my bills or what I do to feed my ego? We all do both. Some people are able to do both at the same time. Police (and other - cough cough - public servants), journalists, rock stars.

@Stomper, I didn't want to broach the subject of AA or EO. People are too quick to throw around the "R" word (racism). After 20 years of corporate brainwashing, it's hard to think clearly all the time. I apologize for being such a pu$$y.

@Adam12, Do what I do? Are you talking about what I do to pay my bills or what I do to feed my ego? We all do both. Some people are able to do both at the same time. Police (and other - cough cough - public servants), journalists, rock stars.

@Stomper, I didn't want to broach the subject of AA or EO. People are too quick to throw around the "R" word (racism). After 20 years of corporate brainwashing, it's hard to think clearly all the time. I apologize for being such a pu$$y.

both

A project manager. So, do people like yourself seek those jobs out for any specific reason? It seems somewhat prestigious for office work. Do you think people in your line of work gravitate that way for a reason? I would suspect there are all sorts of reasons people become cops, just like any other profession.

@Adam12, Project manager was just the next step in my career path. I'm 50 yo, not smart enough for R&D, so that leaves management.

You must be a cop, right? I'm done answering your questions. If you want to be a good cop, even a respected cop, stand against the bad cops. You know who they are. Stop defending the bad actors. Honor your oath.

Peace, Out

sq

@Adam12, Project manager was just the next step in my career path. I'm 50 yo, not smart enough for R&D, so that leaves management.

You must be a cop, right? I'm done answering your questions. If you want to be a good cop, even a respected cop, stand against the bad cops. You know who they are. Stop defending the bad actors. Honor your oath.

Peace, Out

sq

One question huh? Not used to having to answer to anyone? I do stand against bad cops. I just may not do it on an anonymous forum to people pre-disposed to hating cops and government anyway.

One question huh? Not used to having to answer to anyone? I do stand against bad cops. I just may not do it on an anonymous forum to people pre-disposed to hating cops and government anyway.

Dude, I must have pushed some buttons to get that response. Is that the same kind of self control you use on a traffic stop? And you wonder why people don't trust cops.

Just honor your oath and we will get along fine, or that too much to ask?

Because my engineering job pays really well and doesn't involve stealing and murdering for the government, or enforcing ridiculous laws so politicians can get their rocks off telling people what to do.

So, as long as you get paid "really" well and don't work for the government, you don't care where you work? Fannie Mae?

Dude, I must have pushed some buttons to get that response. Is that the same kind of self control you use on a traffic stop? And you wonder why people don't trust cops.

Just honor your oath and we will get along fine, or that too much to ask?

Doesn't both me at all. You seem to be really upset at anyone not holding your beliefs.

So, as long as you get paid "really" well and don't work for the government, you don't care where you work? Fannie Mae?

The money is nice. What's really important is that my job doesn't involve f***ing with other people. You'll never catch me doing quant work at Goldman Sachs, even though I could double my pay instantly.

The money is nice. What's really important is that my job doesn't involve f***ing with other people.

Also implying Fannie Mae isn't part of the government.

So, you must work all by yourself. Your sunny disposition must make you fun to work with. Of course, I would guess you don't talk the same in person as you do on this forum.

I got pulled over last night, cop said i had a license plate light out. He ran my DL and sent me on my way. When I got home I checked the plate lights and they were both working..I don't get it.

I got pulled over last night, cop said i had a license plate light out. He ran my DL and sent me on my way. When I got home I checked the plate lights and they were both working..I don't get it.

I haven't been pulled over once in last 8 years. And the time I was pulled over, I was actually speeding. Weird how it plays out.

Funny. I had this happen once. When I tried to get out of my truck to check the lights, the officer freaked out and yelled to get back into the car. (Officer safety, right?)

When I got home, all lights were clean and working.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top