JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm hoping to get into reloading and while lee precision presses are quite affordable I noticed that there aren't many of them in the classifieds. I was hoping to find an inexpensive reloading setup from someone looking to upgrade their lee kit. Is there a reason why people don't put them up in the classifieds very often?
-Loki

I started on a Lee Breech Lock system because I wanted to learn how to reload but plan to eventually upgrade to a larger Dillon that I can automate for my larger batches.
I don't see myself selling off my Lee single stage. It's great for building loads since you're only making handful of rounds at a time.

You're better off just buying a new kit since it'll come with most of what you need.
I'd suggest starting on a single stage to learn the process and then upgrade as you see fit.
You can get it from nearly anywhere on the web including Walmart.
Or you can take a trip to Cabela's in Eugene and pick one up for $140. They stock it there and carry a lot of the accessories/tools as well. You're going to pay a higher price than ordering online.

If you're serious about reloading...get yourself a reloading book like the Lyman 49th first and start reading. Figure out which calibers you want to load, what your budget is and then decide if you want small batches of precious rounds or just make loads of plinking ammo. Fair warning, a single stage will drive you nuts if you just want plinking ammo because it'll take much longer to make a larger batch.

If you buy a basic kit, be sure and upgrade the powder dispenser and the scale. You'll thank me later for telling you this upfront. Besides the basic kit, there are a number of other things you'll need:
-caliper
-set of dies
-tumbler or ultrasonic cleaner
-headspace gauge
-loading tray
-swager (especially if you're going to load .223/5.56)

At the very least, you're going to dump about $250-300 on the initial investment for a Lee Breech Lock kit and the additional items.

Another example of what can be found if one just looks - AS NEW Pro1000.

$50, delivered :)

pro1000_zpsd0od6yom.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews