JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The most fun way to get rid of AR pistol grip issues:

IMG_0128-3.jpg

IMG_0128-3.jpg

I had my eye on one of them for the longest time. Nice rifle. REALLY wanted one at a point. The more I researched them, the less I wanted one

I had my eye on one of them for the longest time. Nice rifle. REALLY wanted one at a point. The more I researched them, the less I wanted one

Their bad reputation is like most things on the internet—totally overblown.

If the Mini sucked as hard as legend has it, Ruger wouldn't be able to sell any in the Information Age.

This is my first AR, I probably don't know what I'm talking about. When I grip the handgrip and wrap my index finger around the trigger, my finger is on the first knuckle. I really want the pad of my index finger past the second knuckle on the trigger.

This is way too short for me.

When I try to back my hand off the grip to give my index finger a little more room, I can't get my hand up in it, I have to my move my hand back down off it. It's not instinctive. I would like to have a lot more material to wrap my hand around so I could back my index finger off the trigger and try to put the pad of my finger on the trigger in a more natural manner.

I don't want to wrap a half inch of duct tape around the hand grip to make this more natural. What else should I try?

This is like the easiest and least expensive thing on an AR to adjust and customize. There are lots of 3rd party pistol grips that you can easily install to replace the factory grip. All you need is a screw driver.

Are you sure that you own an AR? I thought that everyone knew about this.

Most Peak Oil activists that I know in Eugene spend their time hugging trees, not shooting AR-15's:

hippie-girl-hugging-a-tree.jpg

hippie-girl-hugging-a-tree.jpg

Get a reduced angle grip, I use both Umbrella Corp 23 grip (same thing as B5 P grip 23) and BCM Gunfighter Mod 1 or Mod 3, You may prefer the modular Mod 2.

As far a triggers go...
ALG ACT
BCM PNT
SIONICS EMS-T
...are basically the same, an improved Milspec style trigger that is much better the gritty stock trigger.

If you don't mind spending the money for the best...
Geissele
is it. I can't recommend the SSA enough.

When I bought the kit I got the PSA improved trigger for $30. Still haven't shot it yet, but it feels pretty good so far. This weekend I swear I will go out to a gravel pit somewhere and shoot it. And hopefully put my black powder revolvers through their paces.

For starters, I think I might go with the $19 one from AIM and see how i like it.

Agreed on a more verticle configured pistol grip. I like CAA grips because you can configure the number of finger grooves, and comes with three different back straps to increase/decrease the front to back cross-section of the grip.

View attachment 273556

Changed my mind, going with CAA. I like that it's configurable. I bet I can find a way to set it up that will be comfortable.

ETA: They have light mounts too. I have a red dot on my rifle but would like to add a light. I want to add a light to a Mossberg 500a as well. What are good options for those? My rifle doesn't have a rail on the barrel, just on the upper. If I offset the light to the right that would allow me to keep both eyes open and on target, but all my flashlights are activated by a push button in the tail. Clumsy. I can add the light later, but curious on your thoughts about adding a light to the rail on the upper. I'd think it would cast a big shadow.

Last Edited:
Their bad reputation is like most things on the internet—totally overblown.

If the Mini sucked as hard as legend has it, Ruger wouldn't be able to sell any in the Information Age.
I don't abruptly dislike like them. I've never shot one. The mini has said..Hey, check ME out many times at shops. Like anything. Don't knock it till you try it. Most I would, some I wouldn't.
If I do ever get one, I'm in for the stainless models

Changed my mind, going with CAA. I like that it's configurable. I bet I can find a way to set it up that will be comfortable.

ETA: They have light mounts too. I have a red dot on my rifle but would like to add a light. I want to add a light to a Mossberg 500a as well. What are good options for those? My rifle doesn't have a rail on the barrel, just on the upper. If I offset the light to the right that would allow me to keep both eyes open and on target, but all my flashlights are activated by a push button in the tail. Clumsy. I can add the light later, but curious on your thoughts about adding a light to the rail on the upper. I'd think it would cast a big shadow.
the CAA might or might not give you comfort but it wont help your reach to the trigger like a bigger beaver tail and steeper angle will.....just so you aren't let down when you get it because you were originally looking to add distance there

what mag tube is on your 500 5 or 7 shot ?.......there are a crap ton of options for both your sticks

Had a stainless mini-14... Gorgeous rifle, but the POI would go all over the place when the pencil barrel heated up.
That was what changed my mind to purchase one. IIRC, the mini 30's had the same issues. I never did follow up on any resources to see if there was a fix. Or maybe Ruger fixed it? I'm Doubtful.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top