JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is my first AR, I probably don't know what I'm talking about. When I grip the handgrip and wrap my index finger around the trigger, my finger is on the first knuckle. I really want the pad of my index finger past the second knuckle on the trigger.

This is way too short for me.

When I try to back my hand off the grip to give my index finger a little more room, I can't get my hand up in it, I have to my move my hand back down off it. It's not instinctive. I would like to have a lot more material to wrap my hand around so I could back my index finger off the trigger and try to put the pad of my finger on the trigger in a more natural manner.

I don't want to wrap a half inch of duct tape around the hand grip to make this more natural. What else should I try?

I have your problem
the best thing for me was a more vertical grip with the fattest beaver tail I could get

The B5 Grip 23 (aka Umbrella Corp grip 23) is the best grip on the market for our problem, the vertical grip drops the heal of your hand down.
As the heal of your hand drops down it pulls your trigger finger away from the trigger and unhinges your wrist a little
The thick beaver tail also adds some space , pulling your finger back away from the trigger

the flat bow trigger will contribute as well but you can get the B5 grip 23 from AIM for 19 bucks

this is the grip 23 with a flat bow, pretty much have all my AR's set up like this

c1488fcd-7629-47a7-96e6-5133a9f06041_zpsfqdwl1u5.jpg

That's the great thing about ARs there's a million combinations to choose from. And grips are cheap to swap out. Hard part is trying them out.
Triggers are a little more spendy, but there's really only two configurations.

This is my first AR, I probably don't know what I'm talking about. When I grip the handgrip and wrap my index finger around the trigger, my finger is on the first knuckle. I really want the pad of my index finger past the second knuckle on the trigger.

This is way too short for me.

When I try to back my hand off the grip to give my index finger a little more room, I can't get my hand up in it, I have to my move my hand back down off it. It's not instinctive. I would like to have a lot more material to wrap my hand around so I could back my index finger off the trigger and try to put the pad of my finger on the trigger in a more natural manner.

I don't want to wrap a half inch of duct tape around the hand grip to make this more natural. What else should I try?
get an ERGO grip with the palm swell. use it on all my rifles. also a good sear polish with some jp springs will yield a nice trigger.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
If you don't like the AR's "Trigger Creep, try this.

Materials needed:
(1) tap 1/4x? (24/28)
(1) Socket head set screw (3/8" or 1/2")x1/4"x? (24/28 Depending on lower)
(1) Tube Loc-Tite

1. Remove the Upper from the lower.
2. Take out the hammer and the trigger.
3. Remove the pistol grip (Watch out for the rear pivot pin spring).
4. Using a tap that matches the thread of the pistol grip screw, run it in from
the bottom of the receiver and complete the thread in the un-threaded portion
of the hole. Use a lube on the tap to keep it from binding.
5. Remove any debris from the receiver and de-grease the threads you've just cut and insert the set screw (From the bottom).
6. Reinstall the trigger and hammer.
7. Now you can adjust the amount of creep in the trigger by screwing the set screw up against the bottom of it.
* Caution !! When testing the trigger pull, use a hammer block, or something to keep the hammer from striking the web of the receiver. I use the back of my hand.
8. When satisfied with the adjustment, take the hammer and trigger back out and put a drop of Loc-Tite on the protruding threads of the set screw. Allow to dry
9. Lube and re-assemble the rifle.

This procedure will not change your trigger pull (force), but you will no longer have to "feel for" the let-off. :)

For trigger creep, (never tried the above mentioned) try a JoeBob's AR15 Grip Screw Trigger Adjuster. Or (my option) replace the trigger with a Geiselle SSA

Here's my recipe (note: Use Windex as a lubricant)
Magpul MIAD with the fattest backstrap. Front insert is finger grooved.
Next, slide on a Pachmeyer (no ridge) grip sleeve
Finally, a Hogue Handall Full Size Grip Sleeve slid on over the Pachmeyer.
This puts the trigger contact on the first (behind the finger nail) joint.

Last Edited:
The stock grip fits my hand lke a glove...but then add the weight of the upper on an AR pistol and I am looking for fatter grips, Magpul, etc. so for me, he pistol will have a different grip than the carbine. Try as many as you can before you buy.
My problem is I look at unused stock parts and say:Gee, if I just had this and that, and one of those I'd have another Evil black rifle.;)

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads