JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"No honest man needs more "than ten rounds in any gun," and "I never meant for simple civilians to have my twenty- or thirty-round mags or my folding stock."
- William Batterman Ruger
http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/papabill.html
Wholly ship. I had no knowledge of any of what went down.
I was lasso'd in the early 90's. Too busy for much of anything. WORK, Marriage, WORK, kids, WORK, new house, WORK

ETA, Now I'm tempted to buy a Mini 30 and a ship load of 30rnd "clips"

Last Edited:
Yep, **** 'em, Spend as you please but they'll get nothing from me ever and stacked all those recall links above, no thank you.

Normally I am content with remaining silent and just ignoring recommendation about them, but someone starts to talk about how great they are...
I feel ya. And agree whole heartedly. Sr...forking chump.. turned on his own and ruined for all

Heck, I'll just put it here:

I can hardly believe this is true…but, it is, and I will not mention anyone's names, just in case I got it wrong…

I walked into a gun store today, I am interested in selling 2 of my pistols and buying another. One of the pistols intend to trade is a M&P 380 Bodyguard, I carry it in a front pocket with a good holster. We started talking….guns…the 'guy behind the counter asks me if it is the kind of holster that you can fire through (by design); he mentions that some holsters were designed so you could sneak a finger into the holster and fire the gun. What! He then goes on to tell me regarding some 1935ish law that makes it a felony . A Felony, What! I tell him it is not that type and ask if it is O.K. to pull it out of my pocket (I want to sell it) and he says sure. I put it (holster and pistol, together) on the and he confirms, yes, it is not the Felony Holster!

Then, he goes on to tell me…you can buy a very ..expensive license to have/carry that holster. I say What??? Are you telling me, "I can buy license (expensive) so I can have my finger on the trigger of an unexposed gun that will shoot through my holster?" And he says, "Yes."

What!!

So, now I am starting to get it…give us more money, get more protection…i.e. we (the money/politicians) have guns in our pockets with shoot through holsters or just full-on bodyguards. Now it is getting simplier….I just need more more money and give it to someone else so I can feel safer…again Who Knew.

I thought those old movies with bad guys holding their finger in their pants was just a finger…maybe they were using those holsters! If you are old enough.

Another day on the curve.

Learning,

Joly

Heck, I'll just put it here:

I can hardly believe this is true…but, it is, and I will not mention anyone's names, just in case I got it wrong…

I walked into a gun store today, I am interested in selling 2 of my pistols and buying another. One of the pistols intend to trade is a M&P 380 Bodyguard, I carry it in a front pocket with a good holster. We started talking….guns…the 'guy behind the counter asks me if it is the kind of holster that you can fire through (by design); he mentions that some holsters were designed so you could sneak a finger into the holster and fire the gun. What! He then goes on to tell me regarding some 1935ish law that makes it a felony . A Felony, What! I tell him it is not that type and ask if it is O.K. to pull it out of my pocket (I want to sell it) and he says sure. I put it (holster and pistol, together) on the and he confirms, yes, it is not the Felony Holster!

Then, he goes on to tell me…you can buy a very ..expensive license to have/carry that holster. I say What??? Are you telling me, "I can buy license (expensive) so I can have my finger on the trigger of an unexposed gun that will shoot through my holster?" And he says, "Yes."

What!!

So, now I am starting to get it…give us more money, get more protection…i.e. we (the money/politicians) have guns in our pockets with shoot through holsters or just full-on bodyguards. Now it is getting simplier….I just need more more money and give it to someone else so I can feel safer…again Who Knew.

I thought those old movies with bad guys holding their finger in their pants was just a finger…maybe they were using those holsters! If you are old enough.

Another day on the curve.

Learning,

Joly

o_O

Are you sure he didn't just ask you if that was a holster in your pocket, or if you were just glad to see him? :D

Ah, so about the Rugers, my 22/45 is, after some Valquartsen hammer/sear and mag tuning, a really nice pistol, cycles 100%, as reliable as my G-21.

I have a friend with an SR1911 and I shoot that thing better than any .45 I own or have borrowed.

Can't speak to the Mini-14, never had or wanted one; my Colt 6920 with Geissele SAA trigger is a great rifle, also cycles 100%. So back on-topic. SSA trigger=happiness.
Put some stair-tread tape on the grip, nice n'sticky now, wet hands or dry.

He was doing a pisspoor job of talking about a "wallet holster", once upon a time considered them an "Any Other Weapon" (AOW) and required a tax stamp. I'm not sure they still do or not.

ETA: https://www.atf.gov/file/58251/download There is this on page 65

9.12.2 NFA transfer with other GCA firearm. An application to transfer an NFA firearm that includes a firearm regulated by the GCA, (e.g., silencer with a pistol, wallet-holster with pistol, etc.), requires the completion of a Form 4473 and NICS check prior to transfer of the GCA firearm. This includes the transfer of a firearm where the suppressor is permanently attached to the firearm. The GCA firearm can only be transferred after the required NICS check is completed. The serial number of the GCA firearm and the permanently attached NFA firearm must be included on the ATF form 4473. FFL/SOT payers are also responsible for and adhering to all applicable State and local requirements for NFA transfers. If the FFL/SOT is awaiting ATF approval of the transfer application, the unattached GCA firearm can be transfer prior to the completion of the NFA transfer, however, an additional NICS check may be necessary if the transfer is to a non-individual

Also:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guide-identification-firearms-section-9#wallet-holster
Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it.
Joly

I wound up going with the CAA grip and I like it a lot. The palm swell was a good fit for me, I got right up to the first knuckle with it and that's just about what I wanted.

orientednewgrip.jpg withnewgrip.jpg

orientednewgrip.jpg

withnewgrip.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads