JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
grip angles are like pizzas, personal preference is everything...
....even though all are good, personal taste says some are gooder than others.

Now, what I really "don't get".... Opera .... man-buns .... cricket ... and string cheese.

<Crickets> .............................................................................................

I like string cheese on my pizza. And the whole kitchen sink routine, then add jalapenos and anchovies, wash down with copious amount of beer.

Man-bun, mankinis, and man purses, skinny jeans, heavy framed glasses, yoga pants on fat chicks, men in short shorts, mullets, .32SW, 60x spotting scopes, my wife, sex... lots of things I don't get. ;)

Last Edited:
One of the neat-0 things about the 1911 I really like is the shear number of aftermarket parts I can use to tune it to my likes and needs! I have largish hands ( ideal for double stacks like Glocks) and I find both off set wide grips ( thicker on the right side, thinner on the left) different texture, combined with the arched mainspring housing, the high rise .250 deg Beaver tail grip safety really fits me precisely, those 1911's so modified are the best shooting I am capable of!
I'm also a YUGE fan of the 92's and while not as easy to "Tune" still possible, and the results are amazing!
Now to do up a set of grips and change the sights on my CZ 82, should be a real slick little gun when done!:)
I see more manufactures are including the options to change out the grip panels and back straps, something always available on the old Heavy Metal pistols, this is a good thing! I just wish there were more pistols and options that could do this! I really wanted to like the Then new Walther ( cant remember the model ) but it simply didn't fit my hand, and there was no options to change any thing ( like Glock didn't) So I ended up with a M&P!

Grip angle problems.....:eek::)

5A404F3D-CEDB-4FB2-9D48-5F0A7713DEF1.jpeg

His hands are as graceful as a butterfly's wings, probably just finished his man bun coiffure, foundation and eye shadow...all while primly humming Madame Butterfly...

For me the grip angle isn't the issue the springy crunchy trigger pull is.
I really tried to like Glock's,however I just shoot hammer fired handguns better.
So for me my S&W revolvers suit me just fine.

Not every gun is going to fit everyone perfectly or we wouldn't have so many choices.

I don't know if it's angle of the dangle or what, but there are some I do not like, that others love, some others hate, but I like. I like the 1911 okay as well as a Ruger Standard. G-17 no problem I do NOT like G-19 (Well I like the 19X). I love the G-26/27/33. I am not a fan of the G-20 and worse the G-29, though I own and will keep both. I have a host of pocket pistols, most I shoot okay, but grip style makes a difference, I think that is why I don't like my 380 Sigma or RM-380 as much as my Mustang or G-42.
Time to shoot my new PT-140, M&P40C and Springfield 911. Bye.

One of the neat-0 things about the 1911 I really like is the shear number of aftermarket parts I can use to tune it to my likes and needs! I have largish hands ( ideal for double stacks like Glocks) and I find both off set wide grips ( thicker on the right side, thinner on the left) different texture, combined with the arched mainspring housing, the high rise .250 deg Beaver tail grip safety really fits me precisely, those 1911's so modified are the best shooting I am capable of!

Many years ago I bought a stock Para P14 2011 for about $700 new, then over a period of years proceeded to put another $1500 into it to make it just how I wanted... f'in 1911s will suck you dry!!!

Grip angle problems.....:eek::)

View attachment 577110

OMG, I fell out of my chair while blowing Diet Pepsi out my nose and farting!!!! :D:D:D

Many years ago I bought a stock Para P14 2011 for about $700 new, then over a period of years proceeded to put another $1500 into it to make it just how I wanted... f'in 1911s will suck you dry!!!
I still need to get a park finish on mine, get lower sights, replaced slide stop and safety, and lanyard loop mainspring housing... Nah, they don't drain the wallet at all. :rolleyes:

Grip angle's don't effect me as much as sight visibility, especially as I get older and the rear sight is getting harder and harder to see!

With older eyes, the rear sight is especially useless if the front sight totally fills the back sight notch in the sight picture. Just can't see such a sight pic well enough. I need some open space in the sight pic between the sides of the front sight and the sides of the slot in the back sight. On my SW 686 snubbie, I filed the notch in the back sight to make it 50% wider. Blackened filed surfaces with magic marker. Problem solved.

With older eyes, the rear sight is especially useless if the front sight totally fills the back sight notch in the sight picture. Just can't see such a sight pic well enough. I need some open space in the sight pic between the sides of the front sight and the sides of the slot in the back sight. On my SW 686 snubbie, I filed the notch in the back sight to make it 50% wider. Blackened filed surfaces with magic marker. Problem solved.
Yep, I like "space" between the front blade and rear notch.
The new-ish Trijicon HDXR sight system is based on that concept.

I just acquired a police-trade S&W 5906 , clean low mileage pistol.
But it has a Bomar rear sight with a very narrow notch....not a fan.
It will need some fixing.

I run the Mepro-lite night sights on most of my 1911's they seem to have just the right amount of "Gap" to make the front sight easy to see and line up through the rear notch! Line up the dots, hold the Figure8 and fire, hits P.O.A. every time!:D

Only one way to know for sure is to take a stock glock and shoot it side by side with a p80 build with the same factory parts. This should tell you if the grip angle makes much difference. I think for many it is just repeated rhetoric and for others it truly may matter. I shoot a glock with a 1911 grip angle better than other glocks with the standard grip angle, but it may have to do more with the good trigger, trijicon hdxr sights, as well as a good aftermarket barrel.:)

I shoot a glock with a 1911 grip angle better than other glocks with the standard grip angle, but it may have to do more with the good trigger, trijicon hdxr sights, as well as a good aftermarket barrel.:)

trying to follow this here....are you saying you shoot a Glock better with all those non-Glock modifications?:confused:

Don't forget the Glock is a European designed pistol, as a general rule of thumb Europeans don't grow up shooting as much as Americans do, many American are simply use to shooting 1911 grip angled pistols while Europeans do not have that point of reference and more easily adapt to an "unknown". After doing something for years on end it is more difficult to unlearn and do something different, not impossible (obviously) just more difficult. A lot of people use to a 1911 and still have them say screw it and get an M&P.

The "bump" on the back of Glocks is most pronounced on full size and large frame models, compact and sub-compact models mitigate this issue.

generally I end up pointing higher than I normally do like the front sight is high because on a draw I am not used to the grip angle so under duress I might end up pointing high when I need it.

Same thing for me. When I went to the gunstore to buy my first gun, they got several out, and while Glock was on my list, when I aimed it, it aimed high for my grip. But the Ruger SR9 pointed straight, so I went with that. I don't have anything against Glock, they make a fine firearm, but they just don't point naturally for me.

I'm not a grip angle scientist so here's how I see it. (Just my opine)
After listening to what I had said about Dads fine Sanvick hand saw he let me use when I was very little, and had just scraped my thumb good from forcing the saw too hard, my father offered; "Its a poor craftsman that blames his tools."
Stubborn, I found it somewhat arguable, but only before I had mastered anything.
Then, just seven.

I've only fired a Glock a few times. They are not comfortable in my hand. I have a double stack Ruger SR9 that fits my hand quite well, but somehow Glocks just don't. I'm sure they are fine guns, but just not for me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top