JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always hated hearing this excuse.

But I kinda get it.

When your dealing with muscle memory if you draw and point it go from a low position, the pul up you have a natural point of aim.

I did notice that on different pistols my memory point of aim will be different, however for just shooting it doesn't matter.

It hasn't bothered me enough I wouldn't buy a certain pistol for it.

Adapt & overcome!

Yeah. I just read all the time how people can't shoot a Glock because of the grip angle. I never understand it. I EDC a Glock because they are stupid reliable and I can hit what I aim at. Are they my favorite handgun? Nope. Some might be shocked at this, but they actually aren't at all. They work when needed, and that's what I ask for in a tool I rely on to save my life. Do I like shooting them more than anything else? Not even close.

This is precisely how I feel. Glocks feel relatively average to me. But I carry one to defend my life, and they are bombproof reliable and accurate in my hands. There are guns that feel better, and are as good. I'm thinking CZ, HK, Sig, Walther - which I also have in carry rotations.

The only modern quality gun that I think has a poor grip angle is the Steyr. Does not point naturally for me and it points high. Don't know why, it's not ultra aggressive. Just doesn't point well for me. But I still like it.

Are we talking this one? maybe it's just what I'm used to (or my larger hands) but I have a heck of a time not adjusting my grip all the time shooting it. (My grandfather's isn't in quite this nice of condition, but same gun).
View attachment 577738
Mine isn't a Colt, it's a copy by Uberti and IMO, it feels better than the Colt. My grip is slightly larger. I'm sorry I didn't mention that before. The hammer is just like the Colt.
I thought about a Ruger Bisley, but just didn't care for the grip that much and I didn't want adj. sights. I have two Uberti, one in .44 Mag. and the other in .45 LC.
I like the .44 Specials that I load for it, very comfy to shoot.

Last Edited:
You all want to see a pistol with a strange / weird grip angle...?
Check out my my wheel lock pistol pictured below.

As for Glock Pistols...I just don't care for them in regards with :
The Polymer frame...
The lack of a external hammer...
The trigger...
How they look...

With that said..It don't really matter if I like 'em or not.
As long as you can shoot the firearm of your choice in a safe and proficient manner , then why does it matter if someone likes your firearm choice or not...?
Andy
DSC06782.jpg

You all want to see a pistol with a strange / weird grip angle...?
Check out my my wheel lock pistol pictured below.

As for Glock Pistols...I just don't care for them in regards with :
The Polymer frame...
The lack of a external hammer...
The trigger...
How they look...

With that said..It don't really matter if I like 'em or not.
As long as you can shoot the firearm of your choice in a safe and proficient manner , then why does it matter if someone likes your firearm choice or not...?
Andy
View attachment 578011
A feel life fire stick! Cool. What size ball does that take?

A feel life fire stick! Cool. What size ball does that take?
This one takes a .390 round ball...its a .40 caliber pistol...
Its a mix of new made and antique original parts...the lock , "key" , trigger guard , trigger and inlays being original.
They were made in many different calibers.... .40 is bit smaller than average.
Andy

Last Edited:
I find glocks fairly uncomfortable, but I am trying to like them. My wrists have a rather narrow range of motion. (a little shy of 90 degrees.) I don't feel like I am any less safe with my Sigs, Berettas, Brownings, CZ, IWI and other weapons. I am a better shot with those. I don't bash on Glock. They make a fine product that is reliable but not very comfortable for me. Like I said, though, I am trying to learn proficiency with them as well, even though they probably are not going to be my first choice for EDC I think they probably are the industry standard in many things. I certainly can't point shoot like I can with my sigs with a glock. I could cite a few ergonomic reasons, but frankly, they are individual to my physiology. Your milage will vary.

This one takes a .390 round ball...its a .40 caliber pistol...
Its a mix of new made and antique original parts...the lock , "key" , trigger guard , trigger and inlays being original.
They were made in many different calibers.... .40 is bit smaller than average.
Andy
Interesting. I've seen them in various collections, but have never handled one. Thanks for sharing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top